It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US NORTHCOM Gears Up For Potential Attack On U.S. Soil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Hey, glad you took the time to look at them. Good food for thought.

But remember, it's not just speculation...it's called foreshadowing, connecting the dots, staying one step ahead of the curve.

IMHO it is a dangerous notion to wait for things to be set in stone, that's called complacency and unfortunately this affliction is carried by way too many people in the US of A.

If you're not being proactive then you're being retroactive.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

“For the very first time, the U.S. Air Force has validated a unit’s wartime capability to defend the homeland by fighting an enemy right here on U.S. soil,” said Col. Greg Nelson, the commander of the Kentucky Air National Guard’s 123rd Airlift Wing, which served as the lead organization for the ORI.

Unlike traditional ORIs, in this one the participants were tasked with supporting civil authorities while fighting an unconventional foe in the United States. In the past, ORIs have typically required units to deploy to simulated overseas bases and defend against conventional military forces.

“I’m pleased to say that all three units passed this new test with flying colors,” Nelson said. “We are ready to perform our mission of theater airlift anytime, anywhere, whether it be in support of our allies abroad or here at home in defense of the United States of America.”

This could be huge!!

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes it is huge! However ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, and COAST GUARD. You guys better listen up!

While you are out fighting against possibly Americans that want the Republic back who will protect your families? If it ever comes down to that I am sure about 40% will go AWOL.

This will be a fight like the world has never seen if the US turn its troops on it own People.

The Milita numbers well into the 10's of millions. We are everywhere yet most cannot be found.

We are educated and we are informed and we know how to fight.

We are everywhere!

Don't Tread On Us!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here, but from one source, the United States Northern Command website, it states that:

GULFPORT, Miss. – Three units representing each component of the Air Force made history here May 16 through 23 when they successfully completed the first homeland defense operational readiness inspection.

while the other sources say that they are preparing for military operations:

USNORTHCOM has admitted that they are preparing military operations within the United States. This is the first time in history this has been done and they will be working with DHS, state and local law enforcement on U.S. soil.

And it makes no mention of working with three different units of the Air Force, including the 317th (AG), 123rd (AW), and 70th (APS), but instead with DHS and local and state law enforcement.

Originally posted by janon
Question for those of you that know about the inner workings of US military. How usual is it to have leave canceled after it had been approved?

My brother is in the Air Force and actually might have had leave canceled over a training exercise, but I can't recall and I would doubt it even if I did without confirming with him. Usually, he requests leave months in advance so the Air Force has time to plan and determine whether or not they will need him in the future.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hello,

Placing NORAD just out of reaction-time while at the same time as an attack on American soil, on a training mission?

I don't see the gulf as an area some "enemy" might strike amphibiously.

"Now by placing reserves in the gulf region..."

Why not place them in a more plausible region?

Just a question.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
USNORTHCOM has conducted literally HUNDREDS of exercises in the United States in the past decade. Each of these exercises is pre-announced, and summary reports of the results of the exercises are produced, and made available.
Here is an example of a report, documenting in great detail, the results of such an exercise:
msnbcmedia.msn.com...

There is nothing nefarious about this exercise, or any of the others either. They are directed to perform readiness exercises on an ever increasing number of scenarios. As an example, in the report I linked to,here are SOME of the scenarios that they considered:

Major scenario events included:
• Air threats to Alaska, Canada, and U.S.
• Category IV+ hurricane in Corpus Christi, Texas
• Nuclear detonation in Texas
• Quick Reaction Force (QRF) deployments to Texas and Alaska
• Transportation security and U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) incidents in Alaska
• Maritime Intercept Operations (MIO) events
• Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) threat

They then identify strengths observed, as well as areas for improvement:

Key strengths identified during this exercise include the following:
• Excellent teamwork between participants of agencies at the, Federal, State and local levels
• DoD response to Federal, State and local incident management
• Public Affairs coordination with the Interagency providing consistent messages to the public
• NORAD and USNORTHCOM conferencing events, including prioritization of simultaneous conferences
• Joint Operations Planning and Execution System (JOPES) use of collaborative tools to facilitate Time-Phased Force and Deployment Data (TPFDD) development. Consider extending use of collaborative tools to the entire mission planning process including course of action (COA) development, orders development, TPFDD development and deployment execution
• Continued development of complex and innovative exercise scenarios which challenge participants with new situations and identify areas requiring future improvements to enhance mission effectiveness

Areas for Improvement
Throughout the exercise, several opportunities for improvement in NORAD’s and USNORTHCOM’s ability to respond to HLS and HLD incidents were identified. Major recommendations include the following:
• Expand information sharing for situational awareness, vertically and horizontally within the chain of command, as distinct from tasking of military forces
• Request Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense (OASD(HD)) examine requirements for a national common operational picture (COP) in coordination with NORAD, USNORTHCOM, DHS, Department of Justice (DOJ) and other Federal agencies
• Formalize procedures on how the Principle Federal Official (PFO) can request and receive assets when there is no Stafford Act Declaration
• Streamline DoD mission assignment process to improve tracking and timeliness of support provision for all mission assignments
• Establish DHS and DoD pre-planned actions for response to Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) events, especially with respect to the draft Initial Catastrophic Incident Response Plan
• OSD seek revised authorities for the SecDef to deploy USNORTHCOM assessment team(s) and DoD’s consequence management capabilities promptly when a mass casualty incident or mass evacuation occurs in the U.S.
• Identify potential events that might require maritime conferencing assessments and develop evaluation procedures for potential decisions
• Send formal messages to participants following a Counter-terrorism Security Group (CSG) meeting to ensure that decisions/guidance are clear to all
• Improve operational security (OPSEC) awareness and control for all forces
• Further develop procedures to ensure rapid evaluation of emerging information for releasability to allied foreign nations
• Improve deployed Joint Task Force (JTF) access to unclassified and classified communications capabilities
• Examine means to improve distribution of emergency conference information further than the current operational group to additional headquarters groups and components

Of course, I can just imagine when this drill was announced with one of the scenarios mentioned, namely "Nuclear detonation in Texas", reading posts that the US was going to use this drill to detonate a nuclear weapon in Texas.

NorthCom is tasked with running these drills, some with logistics experts, such with outside agencies, and yes, indeed, some with actual troops. It is hard to simulate troop reactions, without ACTUALLY USING those troops, in a real-to-life scenario.

I suggest that those that feel the need to express their paranoia, find something more realistic, like the feeling they have that taxes will be raised. That paranoia, at least has some realistic basis.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ok since everything is surfacing and in our faces, i have one question to ask:

*WHY?*

iF THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS AND ITS OUT IN THE OPEN, THEN I WANT TO KNOW.

aNYONE?

Because we are so far into it now it doesn't really matter.
Refer to line number one for line number two.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Slow Down

people

Check Alex's source - INTELHUB.... Sound familiar???

This one site has been the cause of some inspiring, alas FALSE threads this last week or so.

The site is highly speculative with NO PROOF. I should be running a site like that $$$$$$$
Shame on Alex Jones, whom I personally like, for sourcing from that GARBAGE!!!

Yes, we need to be ready. But this is only a drill folks.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree we need to Slow Down, However we also need to get ready.

TPTB have been planning a Civil war in America since 1913.

They knew then that the Federal Reserve Scam would have to End, and we the people would re-awaken to Life, Libery and the Persuit of Happiness.

We are under the rule of Oligarchs. They know that they are outnumbered 1000:1 They will have no choice but to use military force against us.

They just forgot one thing and they are tying to fix it.

American's Still Own Guns!

Edit spelling

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thank you Prof for exposing this thread for the fraud that it is.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is nothing to worry about it's a drill.

U.S. troops will not kill U.S. civilians, they just will not do it they might be brainwashed but they are not totaly gone. They know the diffrence between civilians and insurgents, terrorists, whatever you like to call them.

If the U.S. was invaded just remember that TPTB are not going to send so many troops overseas that we can't defend our own soil, they may be arseholes but some of them actually know what they are doing as far as war goes.

I doo agree that "they" are preparing for something big but this has nothing to do with that. Look at whats going on with Isreal and all the weather phenomena as well as volcanos earthquakes, something will happen soon and the sad fact of the matter is we most likely will have no warning whatsoever when the s hits the fan.

Stay calm and be safe ATSers

And remember what Mr. Carlin said\/ \/ \/

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Oh, yes, this is purely for the good of the people.

After all, they know we're to stupid to carry out an orderly evacuation.

And of course, they'll need to confiscate your guns to prevent violence.

You know, like they did after Katrina?

You don't need to defend yourself.

They will protect you from looters.

They will take good care of you.

Trust them.

They know what's best for you.

And, they will pay for a new door after they kick it in - [size=0]labor not included.

edit to add link - Martial Law - Katrina

~more~

[edit on 9-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
The reality is that we are about to witness a major increase in austerity measures and government control that will be unprecedented. This is the reason that you will soon see US troops patrolling on US land.

Things you can look forward to in the next 12-18 months:

1. Increased Taxes
2. pension and retirement funds taken from the people, then consolidated, reorganized and redistributed by the government.
3. Loss of 1st amendment and 2nd amendment rights.
4. Travel restrictions

Absolutely nothing you've written has anything to do with needing the military.

Believe me, they are quite skilled in taking our money whenever they feel like it and spending it however they wish -- no need to have the military enforcing that.

The only part, and it's a stretch, is that IF they tried nullifying the 2nd Amendment --which is the most protected Constitutional amendment there is -- they may need the military for that. But nullifying the 2nd amendment is going to require more than the military and will not happen in the matter of months.

But that would be the only one out of the four you listed.

Further, have any source / information to add to your claim of why it's 12 - 18 months and why we will "soon" be seeing military troops all over our soil?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

How can I slow down? That avatar scared the # outa me.

Thanks for the heads up about the article.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocon4life

Thankyou for your honesty.
Very revealing statement about yourself.
Thank you for validating our concerns.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Thankyou for your honesty.
Very revealing statement about yourself.
Thank you for validating our concerns.

No Problem..

We Taken over!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I didn't see this mentioned- sorry if it has been........

wtf is the 'unconventional foes'? no one here is saying ufos? amazing.......

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Propaganda?
Hamas?

I'm sure we'll be hearing more garbage out of you.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
I didn't see this mentioned- sorry if it has been........

wtf is the 'unconventional foes'? no one here is saying ufos? amazing.......

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I was about to ask the same thing.
Is a terrorist unconventional , is a Militia unconventional or is Joe schmo next door unconventional
Inquiring minds want to know?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Troll alert!

An educated response to your post would not make any diffrence.

Your name says it all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join