It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli request for more arms from US raises fears of regional violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Israeli request for more arms from US raises fears of regional violence

www.inde pendent.co.uk

Israel has approached the United States for more bombs and asked Washington to increase an emergency arms cache stowed on Israeli soil by 50 per cent, according to the leading newspaper Ha'aretz.

The approach, made by Defence Minister Ehud Barak during a recent visit to Washington, reflects the heightened tensions in recent months between the Jewish state and its neighbours that have given rise to widespread fears within Israel of an imminent regional conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Fearing that its enemies are rearming along its borders, Jerusalem has asked Washington to increase the emergency stores by $400m (£278m) to $1.2bn and is also seeking to buy more Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) bombs from the US, the liberal newspaper Ha'aretz reported, citing unnamed sources.

Don't you love giving all that money and all those weapons to USS Liberty Israel?

And now they are asking for more arms, of course FOR PEACE... Or do they expect to start another war, a war against Gaza, a war against Hezbollah, a war against Syria, a war against Turkey or a war against Iran?

I'm sure all those weapons are for PEACE... yeah doesn't matter that the Syrian army is weak, Hezbollah doesn't want war, Hamas doesn't want war right now because they are winning on the PR front against Israel... Iran is winning on the PR front too and Turkey won't go to war...

The only explanation left is that ISRAEL will start war. They're the only ones with the motive to do so RIGHT NOW.

After all, their reputation can't sink much lower than now. The sanctions against Iran are a joke. Hezbollah is building itself up. The Israeli army is still viewed as no more invincible since 2006... And Turkey is allying itself more and more with the arabs, something Israel doesn't want.

All the motives are on Israel side.

So either Israel bombs Iran and have those weapons to bomb Hezbollah/Syria/Hamas if they counterattack or they expect Turkey to try to run the blockade and they expect to go to war with Turkey.

We'll see soon enough. But I doubt the arabs will start it.

www.inde pendent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They are faking it, just like the videos and radio transmissions from the flotilla.

If they really needed the guns, they wouldn't have done a press release!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I so wish that we ...the US citizens ..could vote on this. I vote no fuking way. The mad israelis deserve our expended uranium round casings if they want ammo.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is simply a move by Israel to see if the US really has their back or not. They already have weapons, more than enough for the time being. That is, until it gets REALLY out of hand, and by that time, weapons will already be on stand by.

Chess pieces folks.

Edit To Add- (to the poster above). I want your avatar backround. Oh and I agree with your post. The people should have a say, but thats why we have represenatives right?
Me personally, Im on niether side of this.
I think they both have foolish governments(like everyone else). So I cheer for nobody because in the end, the people will be the ones who pay.

Let them have their war, just dont get me involved in it.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What do they need more bombs for? I didn't think there were any more hospitals, elementary schools or daycare centres left in Palestine? I guess they missed one, can't have that!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't really know what to say.

It's Israel, they are armed to the gills and then some. They define military industrial complex. The entire economy is based and build on the making, selling and buying of arms. There is no need, *what-so-ever* to request more arms, this story, if true, has another meaning.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Its becoming obvious that any war will probably include Turkey since 9 of their people were killed..

So now Israel is asking the US for more Arms and money to possibly fight a US NATO allie ????

How can the US justify that??

[edit on 10-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
What do they need more bombs for? I didn't think there were any more hospitals, elementary schools or daycare centres left in Palestine? I guess they missed one, can't have that!

Imagine for a second that Israel will fight simultaneously against :
Turkey, Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas and Iran.Thats a lot for Israel in terms
of conventional war.They might even be defeated conventionaly (some
have wet dreams about it).

Without enough AMMO, Israel would and will use nukes is a scenario like the above.

Now, what do YOU prefer if this will happend (hipoteticaly ofc)? Nukes or
conventional bombs? (ofc you won't prefere either, or you just will prefer
Israel beeing overruned and erased).

top topics

join