It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soft on corporate crime: theme for November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I propose a massive ATS experiment to change the shape of the political discourse in the US. ATS has a lot of influential thinkers and posters, I think. If we choose to frame an argument consistently and coherently, I think we could have a profound influence on the body politic

I've begun calling my congresscritters and demanding to know why they are "soft on corporate crime", citing the recent inability of the DOJ to find any prosecutable crimes in AIG's pre-bailout activities, the utter lack of prosecution of Wall Street for obvious fraud and market manipulations, and now the ongoing lack of criminal prosecution of BP for bribery of MMS employees, negligent homicide of eleven rig workers, presenting fraudelent drilling documents to government agencies to get permits, etc, etc.

I think that if we citizens call our representatives and senators and ask this specific question: "Why is Senator X or Congressman Y soft on corporate crime?" eventually the media will begin to echo it. This may be the only way to get them to finally bite the hand that feeds them. Bring it up in political discussions with all and sundry. Let's try to get this meme out into the broader consciousness and change the way things are framed.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So where are all the law& order types who advocate harsh penalties on welfare cheaters and zero-tolerance for drunkdrivers and petty criminals?

Don't want to upset the corporate protection schemes, or what?

There have been massive crimes perpetrated over the last several years by corporate executives, all of whom have gleefully pocketed taxpayer money while thumbing their noses at laws, regulations, the Congress and the public.

It is past time to hold Washington accountable for protecting, aiding, and abetting crimes against humanity.

new topics

join