It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanities awe inspiring achievements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
OK Im not sure were to put this so MODs please move to approriate location..

I sit here at this web sight and see one thing over and over. Bored people with over actvie minds!

What has happened during humanities time here on earth that is truely awe inspiring and has undeniable proof? We come here and imagine apacolypse, aliens, corrupt governments, fantastic aircraft etc.. we are bored with ourselves so we make up stuff or over state reallity a lot. Im not saying everything we put here is not true but its at the far end of truth so Here I shall start a list of things that I think qualify as awe inspiring things that have happend or things we caused to happen like asteroids blowing up the earth and such.

Awe Inspiring:
Nukes
Human Space Exploration (Orbit & Moon)
Massive Human Populaton
Voyager 1 and 2
Human intelligence

Moderately Inspiring:
World wide communications
Medicine
The rest of the space exploration vehicles
Modern earthly transportation
Laser techknowlogy
Antimater
Discovery of black holes
Computer age (internet)
Food production

I'll stop here and edit if anything strikes me. Please add your own items that you think are truely exceptional happenings or human achievments.

Can be odd as you like, but please let them be easily proved and true.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Laugh if you must, but I'd like to add one: lingere

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Destroying the environment and wiping out 25,000+ species in the past 100 years in the name of a fast buck seems to be awe inspiring to some.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
LOL @ ThunderCloud. What about the thong?

Seriously though. Not sure if the atomic weapon is something to be proud of. This really is a tough one. What have we contributed to the world that has made this place better for all. By all I mean man and the rest of the species that inhabit this planet. I cant think of anything that benefits the entire planet. Most just benefit us and not even all of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I didnt mean great things mankind did I ment mostly just truely powerful things. Things that really have or could change the planet. Such as growing a mountin out of a bottle or something. We really have not done much when you think about it. Killing of species is a pretty powerful event. I guess I should not have called it achievements. Even our largest structures are small when you compare them to mountains or look down on them from the skies.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would dispute the idea that the massive human population is 'Awe-inspiring'. It is simply a product of Medicine, which you feel is only 'moderately inspiring', and the fact that folk have been f**king like bunnies. It's not that big a feat really. The Medicine that has enabled the population, that might be a big deal, but the fact that we haven't wised up and have continued to reproduce as though our kids are at a real risk of dying young, thats just stupidity.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The means to wipe us all out in an instant that we found while striving to be gods.

new topics

top topics

join