It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live oil leak feed discussion thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As of this post the website below has been down for about 20 minutes for me.

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just checking the feed today. Seems the sites back up and all but 1 camera is operational.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Skandi 1 is giving a pretty interesting viewing of the ocean floor. Looks pretty creepy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Has anyone seen them spray dispersant like this yet?

the rov was following this hose out for a while and then it sprayed for about 20-30 seconds

[edit on 12-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

[edit on 12-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've seen spraying but mainly into the plume, not just randomly like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The webpage with all the cam's--seems ALL the cams are down, and one is flashing aqua blue... Anyone else getting the same?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just saw fish swimming around Enterprise ROV 1. First time in the past month since I've been watching the feeds that I saw any type of wildlife.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Is that a good sign?

Or can we say anything about that?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This PBS Live Feed has been pretty reliable for me and doesn't seem to have all the plug-in issues that I'm having with that page full of feeds.

Did you guys see the YouTube video claiming that CNN's live feed is fake? I'm not sure what all that's about but it's here if you want to take a look.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i was looking at a live video feed and guess what ? i saw a reflection of a guy entering a room trough the moniter so it is not a live feed...i'll try to recover the link and show it to you.

edit

ahhh man !you beat me to it

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The BOA Deep C ROV is on its way back down.

Any idea how long it will take to descend 5000ft?

Edit: Sorry, it's the Ocean intervention III. My goof.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I watched the live feed today for about half an hour. I was surprised to see so much debris floating by. Large stuff. From the derrick maybe?
Also saw something that looked very much like a dead cat.

There were several fish, large and small. This was the first time I've watched it for more than a minute or two with my full attention.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Guess most of you guys have hit the hay, I am watching PBS Scandi Neptune Dispersant Ops .. Subsea 7 ... almost all the stuff going by is beige or white .. could that be the lights which are on it?

Ah, new view, very black oil (not brown .. so the top oil in the chamber has gone? and we are getting into more basic crude? or does it change?)

Man their gallon count is off ... but we really don't know.

Except when they told us how much mud they pumped in .. and it all came right back out and they shut it down!! ... ~200,000 gal. ..... is what I heard

I have not seen an image of the whole unit .. it is off the sea bed, but it is supposedly tilted as far as the monitor will show tilt (the ball is completely on the side). Has anyone seen cables which secure the well head from collapse?

Some say the collapse is unavoidable ... and Hoagland says there is that 20 mile bubble around the well head ... possibly old, old methane ... if it pops the ships will go down with all hands ... I hope they have bathe-metric early warning up and tied in, I don't know if they can pull away in time.

What a terrible mess, and what terrible attitudes. .... I hope it turns out well, and not as the biggest global warming event to come down the pike to date!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyone on Ocean Intervention III ROV 1?

Looks like the oil is shooting out here and there, maybe its just the cap view above the actual leak whatever.

Cant even see anything on the usual dispersant Skandi ROV 1 either =p

[edit on 19-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet

I've been watching and have seen that, not sure enough to make any claims about it though.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Definately doesnt look like a steady flow atm, maybe its other stuff expanding as it comes up.

Meh back to normal.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread but it got closed so here it is..

Yesterday I stumbled across a web page that had automatically updating thumbnails of all the BP live streams and clicking on one would open up that stream in a new page.

I thought it was a good page since I could sort of watch each stream without having to keep all of them open and I could open up a new one that looked interesting since there were auto updating screenshots instead of just text links.

Anyways I forgot to bookmark it and now I can't find it. Does anyone know of the page that I'm talking about and would be able to provide me with a link?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I use this link for multi cams

link

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I use this one..

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I haven't had the time to watch them, but I thought I would ask since I heard this rumor elsewhere. Do any of you think the cams are being looped or slowed down in order to hide the real scope of what is going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join