It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Karma is a biotch.

so is dogma
dog-ma
Dog Ma

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
No conspiracy here!
There is only one true God. No others period. This one true God is the same god as in the Old Testament as in the New Testament.
There are many names for this one true God one of which Jesus makes personal to us as being his Father.
Why then is Jesus referred to by Christians as God?
Simple theory that is backed by scripture.
The Father and the son are two distinct persons and there is no way that a father can be his own son. Although they are two distinct persons, they are alike in nature.The son of a man is a man,of a bear a bear,of a goat a goat.In this solitary case, the fathers nature is infinite, so the son also must have a infinite nature. However, there cannot be two infinite natures, one would be limited by not being the other and by not having power over the other, Therefore the Sons nature must be the same identical nature as the Fathers.Jesus and the Father are one.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Mods please move if not appropriate. thanks

If they were equal you might have a point. Scripture says that they are not.

Mark 10 v 18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

Note. Christianity is a MONOtheistic religion. Mono = 1, not three unequal parts.

Regards
DL

new topics

<< 1   >>

join