It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No conspiracy here!
There is only one true God. No others period. This one true God is the same god as in the Old Testament as in the New Testament.
There are many names for this one true God one of which Jesus makes personal to us as being his Father.
Why then is Jesus referred to by Christians as God?
Simple theory that is backed by scripture.
The Father and the son are two distinct persons and there is no way that a father can be his own son. Although they are two distinct persons, they are alike in nature.The son of a man is a man,of a bear a bear,of a goat a goat.In this solitary case, the fathers nature is infinite, so the son also must have a infinite nature. However, there cannot be two infinite natures, one would be limited by not being the other and by not having power over the other, Therefore the Sons nature must be the same identical nature as the Fathers.Jesus and the Father are one.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Mods please move if not appropriate. thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

'Conspiracies in Religions'

'This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions.'

Originally posted by oliveoil
No conspiracy here!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2837b9312755.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
well sir, you tell your jealous, vengeful, egotistical god to kiss my backside. and I dare him to strike me down and prove you right!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

'Conspiracies in Religions'

'This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions.'

No conspiracy here!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2837b9312755.jpg[/atsimg]

Your absolutely right. There is no conspiracy. Only truth which makes it a conspiracy to those who don't believe. Get it?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
+Monotheism, I feel the same way no conspiracy there. As for the Son The Lamb existing as GOD at the same time as the father and them both possessing the supreme energies and being considered the same and not canceling each other out, well it does make sense for if a human spawns his offspring they would be human because they came directly from human as is the LAMB GOD for comming directly from the creator. Not the same way that humanity was created by GOD making us also his children, THE SON WAS SPAWNED OUTSIDE OF life and death realms allowing THE to interact with the living and dead. Nice thread

[edit on 6/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

There is only one true God. No others period. This one true God is the same god as in the Old Testament as in the New Testament.

Prove that your god "Yahweh" acctually exists.. or you have no more of a case then the other god myths. The list of gods and deities is long.

Without any form of evidence then you are just committing mindless preaching. Noone likes that.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Only truth which makes it a conspiracy to those who don't believe.

No. The Truth does indeed indicate a conspiracy - a conspiracy by TPTB to regulate policy and procedure through a Fictional story.

You on the other-hand don't see it for what it is, so you continue to spout the ridiculous - your standards to are too low.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Fine then, mabey its time????????? So would this proof you require be excepted even if you specifically, not the world YOU specifically had to lose all you thought you knew and were in controll over in order to sooth your nonbelieving soul. Would you be willing to take a lose of your materialistic behaviors to receive this proof you seem like so many to be inpatient to receive. THEN WHAT WOULD YOU DO AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PROOF, would you then repent?????

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make. Anyway...

Why then is Jesus referred to by Christians as God?

Because he made claims about himself being God. John 8:58 is a good example of this:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

Jesus called himself "I am" which harkens back to the burning bush, in Exodus 3, where God calls himself I AM.

Another good example of why Christians call Jesus God is John 1:1, which you quoted. In that verse, John calls the Word, whom he later reveals as being Jesus, is God.

John wanted to make it even clearer who Jesus was. So, in verse three of that chapter, John says that everything was created through this Word, or Jesus:

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Sound familiar?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

UNI-theism

that's my plug!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well im a neo-pagan-wiccan-furry-buddhist-new age-spiritual-yoga-other kin- expert and in my very ancient made up religion there are many gods. Some of them are animals some of them are nature spirits and some of them are level 64 dark elfs. The idea of just one god seems silly to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ya know, This thread is not about the existence of God.Which I feel no need in providing you proof.The proof is in your heart.Only you can justify. This thread is about Jesus' inferiority. There is none, and the theory I gave explains this.
If you are not going to add anything constructive ,I suggest you dont add anything at all. Thank you

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Brave post. I personally think the only "proof" of God, or what or who Jesus is, or isn't, is going to come from a death experience. Until then, the church has just been there to control the masses. They have committed murder throughout history, using religion as an excuse to burn witches, heretics, start wars. I could never figure out how priests and other church personnel could do the things they do to children and still believe in what they preach.
If we can't be absolutely sure about the one and only God, wouldn't Jesus just be considered a man who understood?
I for one, am keeping an open mind, will know when I finally die, and until then it is the case of "behave, do unto others as you would like them to to unto you" . Karma is a biotch.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You posted no theory just that a man has a goat and a bear for a son.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Theres really no point in posting anything about Religion, faith and or theology here. Its always the same people with the same negative replies. Maybe I should have taken the first posters suggestion.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well you were not talking about any conspiracy and posted in the conspiracy in religion board, what were you expecting. Instead you went on about something about a man and bear making a goat son.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No conspiracy here!
There is only one true God. No others period.

No others?
Darn it, I thought there was 2 more Supreme ones.
:shk:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I gave up on trying to explain my theory as to why Jesus and the father are the same.No one can grasp simple logic.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I was joking

Although, sorry to say, I'm a devotee of Hinduism.

I do think Jesus existed though, actually I'm unsure, actually...uh, I don't know.
I do believe that your God does as well. I think they all do...cause I'm a nice person xD

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I gave up on trying to explain my theory as to why Jesus and the father are the same.No one can grasp simple logic.

with all due respect, it is not simple and it is not logical.

it may be true, but that has no bearing on comprehension.

and in the end, do you really think it matters to our Creator, who knows what is in each and every heart and loves all hearts THE SAME?

i daresay it is a "detail."

the only real issue, in my view, is LOVE

love
sweet
love

top topics

<<   2 >>

join