It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Glenn Finally Tells the Truth: The Enterprise Mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OldDragger!
Your just jealous yea havent seen any lol.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Did you ever SEE the episode of Frasier??

No, I didn't, but I wanted to after reading the OP. I was kind of hoping the OP would have a link to that episode but I guess not, I'll have to look for it, or does anyone have a link?

I've seen other episodes of Frasier though, and it was definitely a comedy, no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sen. Glenn's Amazing
Statement On 'Fraser'
www.galacticroundtable.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

show me where Mitchell has been debunked please
i've asked many debunkers for that info and so far
nada

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I can't do everything. It is in the source article.

But, I see someone put it up.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Sen. Glenn's Amazing
Statement On 'Fraser'

Wow! Thanks for the link! You posted it before I found it!

You know with the producers hitting the laugh track button every 5 seconds during Glenn's monologue it does kind of make it hard to take seriously, in fact that was pretty funny!

Originally posted by Danbones

nada
Nada is what Mitchell has to debunk. That's why it can't be debunked, he never saw anything.

Now I've had friends tell me things, and so has Mitchell. But if the sources aren't disclosed there's no way to confirm or deny any claims like that, it's hearsay.

So the reason Mitchell's never been debunked is, there's nothing to debunk. Hearsay from anonymous sources really doesn't amount to credible evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
But youl never get credible evidence, until "they" choose to get close enough for us to see properly, dosent mean iv been seen things that i have no credible evidence to bring here are not true if yea get my drift

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

nada

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

No evidence to debunk, but here are some related articles

blogs.discovermagazine.com... 2008/07/30/followup-ed-mitchell-and-ufo-believers/

blogs.discovermagazine.co... m/badastronomy/2008/07/26/ed-mitchell-going-to-the-moon-doesnt-mean-youre-right/

blogs.discovermagazine.com... /04/22/edgar-mitchell-is-at-it-again-yawn/

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ok. Here's some more...evidence.
This started way back....this one was leaked in the 1930's. This is how TPTB works!

More stuff from YouTube! Shhhh! SECRET!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

nada
No evidence to debunk, but here are some related articles
Thanks for the links. I had to click "quote" and copy and paste them to get them to work. By the way you don't have to click the little globe button to paste links like you did if you're not renaming them, you can paste the link directly and it usually works, though these might be a little too long for that or something.

I like Plait's reference to Mitchell's "get out of reality free" card, or lack thereof!

Do you also have to have one of those cards to believe that Glenn was serious in the Frazier episode?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

nada

I don't think Mitchell has been 'debunked', because he never claims to have had any direct UFO experiences, just conversations with people claiming they had, whom he believes. Right to the point, he describes how no astronaut to his knowledge ever had any UFO-type sightings or experiences in space, and how NASA never said a word to Apollo astronauts about what to say or do if the topic cropped up, in flight or later. I believe his direct testimony.

His private Apollo-14 ESP experiment was bold and innovative and I've always praised his performance of it. I differ with him on the interpretation he put on the results -- he found statistical significance, my own analysis of the raw data showed randomness that was manipulated by altering 'hit' criteria until results looked better. I invite other opinions of his formally published article, but oddly, I've never encountered anybody in almost forty years who had ever SEEN the article, much less read it. Could somebody here try to locate the article on the Internet?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Ok. Here's some more...evidence.
This started way back....this one was leaked in the 1930's. This is how TPTB works!

More stuff from YouTube! Shhhh! SECRET!

I'm not sure which is more sickening, your need to belittle others for something they believe if it's contrary to your world views or that you seem to take sheer pleasure in it. I'm sure you're tearing down others to make you feel better about yourself, but come on! It's getting really old. If you really are as old as your name implies then you should have learned about something called humility a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Here's one article in Cabinet

Here's his book Psychic Exploration

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

Like I said, conspiracy theorist's have no sense of humor. You are proof. And here's a news flash: All opinions and views are NOT EQUAL!
Well what do you know!

I'm really not under any obligation to take you seriously, nor are you me.

Have a pleasant evening.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This Frasier episode stuff I find to be deceptively complex. The interaction of media and truth with regards to these kinds of issues is almost never straightforward. We know that U.S. defence interests deliberately used general media (such as movies and T.V. shows) to lampoon/familiarize U.S. audiences to the exotic idea of aliens/ufos. Who is to say that this situation could not be reversed by the right individual (the point here is that our faith in a simple 1:1 ratio for media has long since departed)? It s obviously comedy and obviously a joke. Also it seems to be the one Frasier I missed lol. Having said that, Hypothetically, what better place to make a confession? Within this context Glenn is perfectly safe to say whatever he wants. I dont hold with the "Enterprise" stuff (which was the subject of a thread not too long ago on ATS) because that material appears to take everything said on Frasier as cannon, which is ridiculous - Frasier can t ever be used as a proof of anything of the sort. But Glenn's little monologue on the show is definately provocative; especially when taken out of context. Also, no one so far has replied to any of the points made in the OP singly or in general so far. I think what would be required for the Frasier revelation type idea would be some kind of corroborating evidence that John Glenn was somehow reluctant to disclosse certain data/observations.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OldDragger
It's comedy.
Jeeezuz.
The joke was that he "confessed", but everyone missed it due to being self absorbed. See ,the UFO mythology has been around for DECADES, Glenn and the show were poking fun at the "conspiracy' crowd.
Of course, conspiracists, not having any sense of humor, as usual don't get it.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by OldDragger]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by OldDragger]

See, we have the hardcore believers, who will believe anything, then we have people like you. Sad fact is, i see both groups as pretty much the same. Both use blind belief.

The ufo subject is filled eith crap. I say about 98% full of crap give or take.

But there are cases out there yhat defy ecplanation. Now, putting your hand up and saying"i dont know whst it was, or how to explain that case" does not mean that you instantly brlive it to be ET.

It could be anything. ET's, secret government projects etc But there is enough evidence out there, that to me, tells me that something odd is flying in our air space. But because of the BS out there when it comes to ufos, some people like yo put all of it in the same basket, and that is just wrong in my opinion.

The subject should be taken seriously. Militery sightings alone should tell you that. But i truely believe thst the subject is being tsken seriously by givernments around the world. Official documents that have now been released makes that pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"We never gave the real answer, and yet we see things out there, strange things, but we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything."

This is why Armstrong, the most famous man on Earth at one time, rarely talked publically.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
"We never gave the real answer, and yet we see things out there, strange things, but we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything."

This is why Armstrong, the most famous man on Earth at one time, rarely talked publically.

Explain.

Armstrong mingled with the public a lot, just didn't grandstand.

He made it clear that the UFO stories associated with his mission were fiction. Do you disagree?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join