It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Glenn Finally Tells the Truth: The Enterprise Mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay, don't get you panties all up in a bundle. I saw this piece about John Glenn and an appearance he did on the TV show: Frazier. Please check it out and let me know what you think. If it has been discussed before, please let me know and I will go to that thread and go from there. I think this in interesting but maybe a stretch? Need you input and assistance (only):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a69d4200936a.jpg[/atsimg]

Senator John Glenn from the NBC TV show "Frasier" ... Comedy, or finally The Truth?

"Back in those glory days, I was very uncomfortable when they asked us to say things we didn't want to say and deny other things. Some people asked, you know, were you alone out there? We never gave the real answer, and yet we see things out there, strange things, but we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything. The bosses were really afraid of this, they were afraid of the War of the Worlds type stuff, and about panic in the streets. So we had to keep quiet. And now we only see these things in our nightmares or maybe in the movies, and some of them are pretty close to being the truth."

In one of the strangest stories in recent years, former astronaut and Senator John Glenn made a March appearance on the NBC comedy "Frasier" in which he made the comments cited above. Although many have dismissed them as simple humor because of their context -- one of the most popular comedy's on television -- when you actually watch the program, listen to the words and observe Glenn's demeanor, it becomes much harder to dismiss this as “simple episodic comedy.”

In fact, this bizarre appearance has all the earmarks of straightforward "Brookings" revelation. It is so direct, so fraught with implications, that had it happened in any other forum, it would have sent shockwaves through the press. Instead, because it happened in the context of a network "comedy," most observers, including some in the UFO community who should know better, are dismissing it and even making light of it as an early "April Fools" joke. Maybe that was precisely why this forum was chosen in the first place.
Those dismissals are missing the key point. Regardless of where they were spoken, Glenn's words are a scathing indictment of NASA and its integrity.

Let's consider this a moment: assume that everything the doubters say is true, that Glenn was “just invited” to be on this show, and for whatever reason decided to accept. As a true American hero, a distinguished Senator from Ohio and former presidential candidate, Glenn would obviously have some leverage on the script. So imagine his reaction when he is handed his copy of the words he is to speak. In his most crucial scene, he’s asked to:
1: Admit he is a liar;
2: Admit that the Agency which sent him into space twice -- making him everything he is today, astronaut, Senator and American hero, not to mention a man of some personal wealth -- has also lied;
3: Admit that the Brookings recommendations to cover-up any discovery of extraterrestrial ruins or life are true;
4: Admit that he and his colleagues were so shattered by what they saw that they have had "nightmares" ever since &
5: Admit that some film portrayals about the UFO subject are accurate.

Can't you just see the belly laughs and knee slapping back at NASA Headquarters when they saw that one? The simple and obvious truth is that no man with any sense of integrity, loyalty or gratitude would stoop to such a level … for “a mere laugh.” The idea that Glenn would agree to say these things about himself and the Agency which made him what he is today -- even in such a context -- is, well, laughable. Anybody who quickly dismisses this without considering these deeper issues is just whistling past the graveyard.

It was Glenn who approached the "Frasier" people to do this specific show.

This was a deliberate broadside directed right at NASA.

When you watch the show itself, this really becomes obvious. The plot, such as it is, deals with Frasier's producer Roz, who wants to do a show on the space program "because it’s 2001." Glenn is brought in to narrate, and through a series of circumstances ends up lying to Roz to protect Frasier. Once he is caught in this lie, he apologizes and adds the statement "I was misled. It's not like me to be that underhanded."

Source: www.bobwelch.com...

There you have it. Another possible conspiracy laid out. Anyone able to debunk this or put a different light on it? As of now, it seems to have some plausability.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Seems pretty clear to me.

The script was mocking looney people who believe such drivel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's comedy.
Jeeezuz.
The joke was that he "confessed", but everyone missed it due to being self absorbed. See ,the UFO mythology has been around for DECADES, Glenn and the show were poking fun at the "conspiracy' crowd.
Of course, conspiracists, not having any sense of humor, as usual don't get it.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

It's comedy.
Jeeezuz.
The joke was that he "confessed", but everone missed it due to being self absorbed. See ,the UFO mythology has been around for DECADES, Glenn and the show were poking fun at the "conspiracy' crowd.
Of course, conspiracists, not having any sense of humor, as usual don't get it.

yep. and when anyone makes a joke like this its called an Illuminati hidden message.

but at least Frasier is more highbrow than the usual list of suspect Illuminati secret message conveyers like Jay Z, 2Pac and Lady Gaga

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Didn't john glenn or buzz aldrin recently say there's a monolith on phobos?

"If we put it there or someone else it doesn't matter that fact is that it's there" , It was really bizarre.

I know there's an interview somewhere on the internets..

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Larry King is a pretty funny show:

EDGAR MITCHELL BELIEVES IN ALIEN LIFE
weeklyworldnews.com...

Mitchell is a former NASA astronaut who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission. He is credited with the longest moonwalk in history for his nine-hour walk in the Fra Mauro Highlands region of the moon. Having always had an interest in the paranormal, Mitchell even conducted ESP experiments during his Apollo 14 mission.

Since his retirement, Mitchell has been very vocal about his belief in extraterrestrials, interviewing on Dateline NBC, Fox News and Larry King Live.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Mitchell is a former NASA astronaut who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission. He is credited with the longest moonwalk in history for his nine-hour walk in the Fra Mauro Highlands

This is EXACTLY why I posted this. To learn. I never knew someone walked 9 hours etc. Or much about Mitchell. I still consider myself new and haven't begun to skratch the moon folks. I'm stuck back at Cattle & Human Multilations back on Earth.... ugh.

Anyway, yes, I assume comedy but I thought: Just maybe, someone (ATSer) has a tie in peice of info that lends some credibility/truth to the issue.

Well then, the presents another problem. The way this stuff is present to the public-in such a jokingly manner. We'll never get the full support of the common man to have disclosure as they don't believe-therefore won't get involved and vocal.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Larry King is a pretty funny show:

EDGAR MITCHELL BELIEVES IN ALIEN LIFE
weeklyworldnews.com...

Yes, but not deliberately so.

Same goes for Weakly Whirled "News".

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Did you find the interview?

Or have a bit more info to help locate it?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think it's been well covered already...but, glad you found this was worth it for the chuckles...

Reminds me of:

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P. T. Barnum (1810–1891), an American showman. It is generally taken to mean that there are (and always will be) a lot of gullible people in the world.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_a_sucker_born_every_minute**

(In reference to the bloke at "Enterprise Mission" who took this so seriously!!!)

**Aarrgh! Darn, the "_" symbol doesn't go down well at ATS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A more definitive source for the quote's origin:

www.historybuff.com...

[edit on 9 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

4: Admit that he and his colleagues were so shattered by what they saw that they have had "nightmares" ever since

Now this has me really intrigued. Have they had nightmares? Where did they get this information from for this allegation?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

??

Did you ever SEE the episode of Frasier??

Guess some people might not get the joke, ever....

(HINT: 'where' did they get the "information"? Umm..it's known in the TV business as a 'comedy script').

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I have to say your a fool if you belive we are alone in the universe!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

And today's Leap of Logic Award goes to..........DCDAVELARKE!
How you connect my response with the Frasier script to determine what I believe about life in the Universe is.......amazing!
Now this kind of....logic is prevelant in the UFO "believer" thing. There could be a billion inhabited planets, that doesn't mean they are visiting us or that UFO's are space ships!
As for astronauts, what they believe is not evidence either! I'm sure some are Catholics, some are athiest, so freakin what!If some believe in alien life, why assume they know anymore than the rest of us?
I can't take this question of UFO/Alien visitation on faith as so many of you can. You even refer to yourselves as believers: That's psuedo religious language. Produce some real evidence for a change!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

I have to ay your a fool if you belive we are alone in the universe!

WOW - so he's a fool for thinking that we're alone (because existence of other intelligent life has yet to be proven) but you're the "smart" one for having faith in aliens.

So I can assume than that you also believe in God? or at least in a god? Faith is faith. Either you have it or you don't but I usually try not call into question someone's intelligence for their faith OR the lack there of.

All "evidence" is simply information you use to create a conclusion. There are no "facts" that prove anything with certainty in this kind of discussion.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

i chose my wording for effect:
meaning NOT all outings are in the comedy realm
to dismiss what is said because it is comedy is to deny every literary work ever writin which was designed to expose a tricky subject to a difficult population

like this for example
"Harriet Beecher Stowe's most famous introduction took place on or around Thanksgiving Day, 1862, when she was introduced to President Abraham Lincoln, who allegedly greeted her with these memorable words, 'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!'"1
Uncle Tom's Cabin in 1851 was the book

Larry king is a big mainstream news show as are the other shows which the link summerizes where Mitchell outed his views like Dateline NBC, Fox News and Larry King Live.
etc
guess you didn't check the link or watch the interview imbeded on the page eh?
your loss

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
to be fair here is a good link to the many hoaxes regarding astronauts
who didn't say what they are attributed to have said about aliens
www.debunker.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by draknoir2

i chose my wording for effect:
meaning NOT all outings are in the comedy realm
to dismiss what is said because it is comedy is to deny every literary work ever writin which was designed to expose a tricky subject to a difficult population

like this for example
"Harriet Beecher Stowe's most famous introduction took place on or around Thanksgiving Day, 1862, when she was introduced to President Abraham Lincoln, who allegedly greeted her with these memorable words, 'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!'"1
Uncle Tom's Cabin in 1851 was the book

Larry king is a big mainstream news show as are the other shows which the link summerizes where Mitchell outed his views like Dateline NBC, Fox News and Larry King Live.
etc
guess you didn't check the link or watch the interview imbeded on the page eh?
your loss

Seen it all before... numerous times. Saw that episode of Frasier a few times as well.

Yeah... Larry King is hard hitting news. I caught the Lady GaGa interview the other night.

Rehashed former Astronaut stuff that has been debunked over and over.

No big loss here, thank you.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well iv seen them 9 different times ,i have no proof because i didnt get there serial number's!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Well, as i love to say, isn't that super!
But really a useless answer to my post. Just what I expected, and quite typical of why I lost interest in this subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join