It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House OKs Pre-emptive U.S. Attack Against Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
EW,
I can't see where this is law. I'm really getting concerned for you. IMHO, the world is going to be around for far more centuries than either of of us would like. Hell, next week is too far! Relax my friend! We don't know the day or the hour! Even if we did, what would we do? I think I'd like about 48 hours notice. I'd like to make peace with God, with those I'm at odds with and with those I wish I had gotten to know better. After that, I'd like to be with my family. When that day comes, there's nothing we can do! RELAX!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, it looks like some in congress see this as a problem.

RON PAUL OF TEXAS
"I find it incomprehensible that as the failure of our Iraq policy becomes more evident - even to its most determined advocates -we here are approving the same kind of policy toward Iran..."

"Sanctions do not hurt political leaders, as we know most recently from our sanctions against Iraq, but rather sow misery among the poorest and most vulnerable segments of society. Dictators do not go hungry when sanctions are imposed..."

"It is somewhat ironic that we are again meddling in Iranian affairs. Students of history will recall that the US government�s ill-advised coup against Iranian leader Mohammed Mossadegh in 1953 and its subsequent installation of the Shah as the supreme ruler led to intense hatred of the United States and eventually to the radical Islamic revolution of 1979. One can only wonder what our relations would be with Iran if not for the decades of meddling in that country�s internal affairs. We likely would not be considering resolutions such as this. Yet the solution to all the difficulties created by our meddling foreign policy always seems to always be yet more meddling. Will Congress ever learn?"

house.gov

I can hardly believe this guy is a Republican.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow... amazing quote from a Texan :-). j/k. That is actually a very intelligent thing he said. Too bad most members of government won't understand it. Sanctions never have and never will work.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
EW,
I can't see where this is law. I'm really getting concerned for you. IMHO, the world is going to be around for far more centuries than either of of us would like. Hell, next week is too far! Relax my friend! We don't know the day or the hour! Even if we did, what would we do? I think I'd like about 48 hours notice. I'd like to make peace with God, with those I'm at odds with and with those I wish I had gotten to know better. After that, I'd like to be with my family. When that day comes, there's nothing we can do! RELAX!!!

Did I say anyware in this thread anything about the world ending?

If we do get into a pree-emtive war with Iran, North Korea or both at the same time for that matter, it will be lightning fast. Done and over and we let somone else pick up the pieces.

The fources used in Iraq were small compaired to whats moving out to sea these last few weeks.

I will though, stock up on small bills, canned food, gas, etc. Because if it does go down and something go's wrong I think we will see a delay of goods from over seas. Good thing I have a garden.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
whoever said the thng bout going after oil states??.Seems to me the bad guys [ al queada ..hamms ect ect....] are all from the oil countries

hell we could just take mexico's ....as compansation for all the illeagals we have had to deal with ..and venz....has quite a bit as well ....and its closer

This is more inline with the war on terror.....I remeber the hostage crisis...

and iran is no friend of ours....they cant be trusted with nukes,....as yet israel has yet to nuke one of its neighbors....even though they are prevoked all the time....

I would have thought syria might be next..[ lord knows they deserve it imho].....seeing how 4 outta 5 bad guys like to train there...well in the past anyway...

and dont give me this crap they have the right to nukes....maybe they do.....but as soon as they are a real threat to U.S.....we have a right to put out the fire before it speads.......flame away

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
If they strike Iran then they morally have an obligation to hit Israel as well. Won't happen because this is about the oil. Notice they don't have the stomach to go after North Korea. This is honestly a disgrace to the nation to have our government acting like this.

Thanks for the heads up energy_wave.

oil my ass. how come im paying 2.00+ at the pump?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
How can America attack Iran? Their resources are too streched at the moment as it is, and Iraqi is a MAJOR f-u-c-k up!!.

America wont be pre emptively attacking or invading any countries soon. Iraqi and Afghanistan are complete screw ups as it is. America should work on sorting out whats already been done and spending more money on REAL intelligence (not just satiellites) to stop further terrorism.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Regarding the US and British Navy wierdness. This girl at work has a boyfriend who is in the Navy and he has to go off somewhere. She says it has to be like we are at war, no communication with loved ones. She says he called it an exercise to pre-tend we are at war.

I"m based in the UK by the way, I don't know what ship he has been sent too but I can find out.

Also where I live there is an RAF base. An American base also not too far. In the middle of the night over the past few days helicopters have been passing over our way constantly. I thought it was police until this morning when I noticed the same sounding copter passing. It was a chinook (can't spell it). The massive Twin bladed copter. Apparently they are doing some excersise, which is fair enough but in light of what is happening with other 'excersises' its a bit wierd.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Please provide a link to the bill in question on an official site.

Please post the paragraphs.

Please indicate how they point to war with Iran.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join