It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House OKs Pre-emptive U.S. Attack Against Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think we had better start stocking up on those supplies which come via sea. I think within the next 8 weeks all hell is going to break loose.

15 May 2004

"Undeterred by the results of pre-emptive war in Iraq, the House of Representatives passed a non-binding resolution May 6 authorizing pre-emptive military strikes against Iran. The vote was 376-3. "

"A U.S. plan for military action against Iran has been complete since May 2003, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. Under the plan, the U.S. would strike the Arak, Natanz, Isfahan and Bushehr installations with precision missiles launched from Iraq as well as Iran�s northern neighbors, Georgia and Azerbaijan."

nyc.indymedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I sure wish Bob Koontz would post on ATs and give his expert insite on this topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If they strike Iran then they morally have an obligation to hit Israel as well. Won't happen because this is about the oil. Notice they don't have the stomach to go after North Korea. This is honestly a disgrace to the nation to have our government acting like this.

Thanks for the heads up energy_wave.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh joy, oh rapture. Suppose that's why the U.S. needs a draft. If you're gonna keep on like this you'll be occupying the entire middle east. (I say you, though Blair'll drag us along in your wake)

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Iran and Israeli compunction to defend preemptively is quite plausable a scenario to get involved in further mideast war, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Something is up. They keep going after these oil nations. With the price of oil being what it is you'd think they would so something to help bring prices down. Instead they continue to add to our strategic oil reserve. Why is that? Last I heard they were trying to get to something like 660 million (or is it billion?.. I think million) barrels. Why would you add to an already bad energy crunch by buying this much extra oil.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thats not good, not good at all. You would think that they would tie things up in Iraq before even thinking about doing something like this. My wifes brother is in the Royal Marines and hasnt been back from Iraq very long, looks like he better keep his kit packed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You have to remember, Bush has a 10 year war plan. Look it up, there is an article out there somewhere, I have read it.

I think this attack will not be about oil, but Nukes!

I didn't want to make this war issue into something it's not. I really don't want war, but some of the stuff I have been reading is beginning to get a little scary.

This is one small segment from my clip board...

Neighbor says TSWHTF "soon"
FWIW:

My neighbor, a 1st Sgt in charge of a tank squadron (reserves), has just been activated for at least 24 months of service. Word going around his unit is that it is NOT Iraq and NOT Afghanistan, and that The S#it Will Hit The Fan (his words) in the next two months. He did not give me any more specifics. They gave him 48 hours to get his affairs in order and head out to California and then on to who-knows-where shortly after.

I've known this guy for over 4 years now and have never seen him freak out like this, even when there was a chance of him going to Iraq.

I have more but I don't want people to think I'm hyping this issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The following is playing out far too slowly, and the script got changed a little with reference to the purported capture of a certain Mr Hussein, but the stupidity of it all under the direction of the incapable and corrupt Bush administration is a consistent and inevitable theme.

www.idleworm.com...

Notice how quiet some of the real life players in this game are as they struggle to hide their actions and inactions like dust under a rug. And just how DID Hussein move humongous arsenals of WMDs out of the country under the noses of US surveillance, away from the exact spots that Colin Powell said they would be found?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if we go to iran that would be hard, if the US actually has wat it takes they could do it. this will certainly be catastrophic to how the war is coming along....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar, remember when that wheazel Bush said he wanted to flush them terrorist out of their holes?

Maybe he took this war to the mid east so he could do just that. The stories I have read say there are people coming out of the wood work to fight the USA. Maybe now that they have concentrated themselves in one general area we now have all the targets in place.

I just don't like Bush and company playing with the lives of our military.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a war isnt assured here people, its a "just incase" resolution incase we do indeed discover their nuclear program is hostile and by what the article said, it will only be precision strikes and covert operations on nuclear facilities, not full scale war.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Look...

EVEN THE UN believes that Iran is developing a nuclear arsenal. That means that countries that opposed the Iraq war think something is really going on in Iran... Iran has also supplied terrorist groups with weapons in the past...

If this goes down it won't be all because of Bush and his 'gang'... this confrontation has been brewing for 20+ years.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Even IF Iran is working on a hostile program they first need to build a nuke. Then the hard part is delivery. In the mean time you have a country in North Korea that has them and the means to deliver them and we avoid them. Why? Because Iran has oil and Iran can't defend itself (in theory) and North Korea can. Bush wants what he thinks will be an easy win. Then again if we are in an active war Bush will think the people won't vote him out of office.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Look...

EVEN THE UN believes that Iran is developing a nuclear arsenal. That means that countries that opposed the Iraq war think something is really going on in Iran... Iran has also supplied terrorist groups with weapons in the past...

If this goes down it won't be all because of Bush and his 'gang'... this confrontation has been brewing for 20+ years.

yea and many more in iran do want democracy so such a war might be welcomed too, iran is a threat almost as much as north korea is with both having long range missles and suspected hostile nuclear programs.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I thought I would add the link to the house bill itself for you to peruse...

House Bill

This should be plastered over the airwaves, instead we get Peterson trial or Britney Spears' knee injury.........

Makes u wonder, doesn't it?........

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
hmmm and now the u.s. has 10 carrier groups deployed.......alot of other countries have thier navies deployed too............get ready......

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
JackKat man,

Thanks for the link to Thomas. Congress approves lots of resolutions that go nowhere... but I can see where this one can be used as the legal pretex for a (possible) upcomming military action.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
hold on a sec, that bill says nothing about war at all, its basically calling for more trade restrictions and such, not war, that first article twisted what the bill says.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I went to the Senate site and it says that the Bill has been referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.....
here's the link....Senate Bill

We'll have to keep an EYE on this one.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join