It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's backing pays off for pals!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Then why do people continue to bleat "She's only in it for the money!" ?

Because

she

is

only in it for the money. Where did you get confused by anything in my post?

It's simple, really. They do it to try to trivialize her and her accomplishments.

Oh, so you are responding to me with something unrelated to what I said as if it were only so you could offer your own answer? That seems weak. If you want to say something, be a man and just post it. Do not use my post to pretend you are making an argument when looking at what I said and your response, clearly you are not.

She needs no help diminishing her accomplishments. What are you most proud of her for? Getting married? Pregnant? Tan? Quitting her job? Being one of the best writers Tina Fey ever had? Lay them all out for us and see if we need to resort to cheap shots about monetary motives in order to diminish them. I would bet not.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What a 'ringing' endorsement?? Who's "side" are you on, again??

...as long as she surrounds herself with plenty of smart people, good decisions can be made.

Anyone else see the irony?

You could put a potato in the center of a group of "smart people" and good decisions can be made then, too....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Yup. That is why I commented on it two posts and quite some time ago.

Star for your effort though.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
People speak about her accomplishments as if she's achieved something great. I wonder, what did she really achieve???

1) She wrote a book full of debunked lies.
2) Speaking engagements where she tells people exactly what they wanna hear to keep their fantasy world alive.
3) TV show where she does the same thing.
4) Endorsing people who are already ahead in the polls to make it look as if she had an instrumental part in their victory.
5) Quit being a governor because she couldn't handle the pressure (or didn't like the fact that it didn't bring in enough $$$)

What good has she done for the American people???? The above certainly doesn't count as constructive or "good"...it's just more partisan bull#! She's like a female Glenn Beck with nicer boobs than him...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Thanks for the links. I will read them.

I doubt it. This hillbillie gets all his ideas off Fox news and other trash TV and then regurgitates here to look smart.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by airvicemarshal

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea

Thanks for the links. I will read them.

I doubt it. This hillbillie gets all his ideas off Fox news and other trash TV and then regurgitates here to look smart.

Well, he stated that if anyone could show that Limbaugh had told a lie he would stop listening to him. I am certain he will come back and let us know why they are not lies or proudly proclaim he is at least one less loud mouth right wing talking point factory less. You have faith in that, don't you?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Then why do people continue to bleat "She's only in it for the money!" ?

Because

she

is

only in it for the money. Where did you get confused by anything in my post?

Let me speak slower to you, because it seems that you are having trouble here.

Even *if* she is in it only for the money - and that wins you a big "SO WHAT?" - my answer to you is "SO WHAT"?

You have about 2 posting methods: you either state the obvious, or you state something that is totally irrelevant. Neither is anything more than a method of trolling.

Please come back when you can stop trolling. All that your trolling does is to derail the topic.

It's simple, really. They do it to try to trivialize her and her accomplishments.

Oh, so you are responding to me with something unrelated to what I said as if it were only so you could offer your own answer? That seems weak. If you want to say something, be a man and just post it. Do not use my post to pretend you are making an argument when looking at what I said and your response, clearly you are not.

Nah, that wasn't responding to you in particular. You aren't that important or exciting or interesting.

She needs no help diminishing her accomplishments. What are you most proud of her for? Getting married? Pregnant? Tan? Quitting her job? Being one of the best writers Tina Fey ever had? Lay them all out for us and see if we need to resort to cheap shots about monetary motives in order to diminish them. I would bet not.

And I would agree. Loser libs never need a motive to spread their slimey bile...it's a natural reaction for them to attack Down's Syndrome babies and pregnant teenagers...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You could put a potato in the center of a group of "smart people" and good decisions can be made then, too....

And you don't think that is the way that every successful leader governs? Nobody can be an expert in every area. Ask any succesful leader, and they will tell you that the reason they are successful is because of the smart, dedicated team behind them.

I'm really surprised that you didn't know that.:shk:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So tell me mishigas...what do you consider one of Palin's accomplishments that benefited the American people? You obviously like her, so tell us WHY.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't know about what you may think about this but I really think this is what she did/showed America.

Before her being named V.P. canidate, she was going just fine. I saw her just before McCain picked her, on a WSJ/CNBC special. She was awesome-and a no name.

Once she got selected to be the VP runner, she was pushed onto the main stage. And thats where she showed America what she's got.

She's got Balls. More than most in America. She probably knew she was out of her league but hey... why not- THIS IS AMERICA, Anyone can become President (VP). Why shouldn't she have? Most people wouldn't because they can't even talk in front of a mirror let alone thousands/millions of people.

She was and is brutalize by the MSM for no good reason. They couldn't get her legit so they had to make up stuff. How you and other Americans can stand by and let the MSM do this to a fellow citizen who got into politics because of what she saw was wrong with the system in her state.

She got in and almost single handily took the corupt game players out of the oil business or made them comply. etc. No need to go there-all well shown.

Anyway, what she did for the people was to show them that no matter what the odds are against you, if you believe what you say-say it and stick with it. She has done that-more than anyone will ever know.

Now, is she really impressive to everyone. Of course not. Either is Obama. He was really impressive but we know now he is full of chit.

I saw this all the time but I have to repeat it. How anyone can still think they got a better deal with Obama/Biden, instead of Palin/McCain I will never know. Even if you take everything away prior to this oil mess, his lack of concern and action should be enough to make anyone feel sorry for voting for him.

Go ahead. Tell us you would/will vote for Obama in 2012. Okay if you do but I am finding it hard to find anyone who will defend Obama-in person. Not a one that did before the election.

So, as I started this thread with. Go ahead, make fun of her. Deny her any credit for political clout she has, etc etc. Fine with me as I know you won't be convinced to vote for anyone other than Obama-right?

Well, we'll be chatting back and forth come November 2010 and 2012 and we'll see who was right. She is a player-and to have some elitist attitude that she is something not worhty... then you aren't American-not the type I was brought up to be. Anyone can be President (and/or VP)-ANYONE!

(Note: MrXYZ: when I wrote "you" I mean anyone in general and not you specifically

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So tell me mishigas...what do you consider one of Palin's accomplishments that benefited the American people? You obviously like her, so tell us WHY.

Her work with the oilcos in AK was instrumental in stopping corruption, benefitting AK residents, and delivering low cost energy to the lower 48. She is a tough negotiator.

Do I like her? Yes; I have a thing for the underdog in any race. She's tough and resilient; she has bounced back from one of the worst mud-slingings I have ever seen in US politics. I despise the way the left attacked her Down's Syndrome baby and her teenage daughter, but that's to be expected from the left. But she also got attacked from the Right, and for that, I will never forgive them.

Do I think she should run for office? No. Any team needs both coaches and players, and I think she is much more effective as a 'coach' than as a player. She does best campaigning for conservative values and candidates.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join