It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copter Shot Down In Afghanistan: 4 Americans Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Copter Shot Down In Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan – Insurgents shot down a NATO helicopter and killed four American troops in southern Afghanistan on Wednesday, the military said, in the latest bloodshed ahead of a major operation in the militants' heartland.

The violence came as Afghanistan's ousted intelligence chief warned in an interview with The Associated Press that Afghan President Hamid Karzai's strategy of seeking reconciliation with the Taliban was dangerously flawed.

Chalk up four more dead in America's longest war in history. The web gets more tangled over there every day...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes the Americans of late have become predicatabel and stagnant....easy targets in that type of conflict. A few here a few there make up a for a public cry eventually to withdraw. That is what these americans may be dieing for now.....grounds for withdraw.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Ahhh that's no good.

I wonder what type of helicopter they were in? I bet it was a blackhawk.

I'm hoping after the amount of trouble that various armed forces have had there is a good long hard look at what NATO and it's allies require in a Helicopter.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Woopie de dah doo ... ONE helicopter got shot down.

There was one particular day in the Vietnam War where something like 20 US Army helicopters were shot down in the same engagement. It's pretty well known, it's discussed in W.E.B. Griffin's book By Order of the President as part of the main character's backstory.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Woopie de dah doo ... ONE helicopter got shot down.

Well then. Next time I'll try to post something with a higher body count that hopefully meet your approval. After all, four deaths is trivial and un-newsworthy, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

howabout 24 NATO deaths since sunday? that up to your standards? how bout 60 NATO supply trucks destroyed?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My heart and prayers go out to the families and the dead soldiers. Whatever anyone says about this particular tradgedy, there are still four dead kids who had nothing to do with the policies of the US government, other than on a miniscule enforcement role. Lets not forget that these kids were victims too.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join