It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The St. Petersberg incident, Feb. 1997

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was watching a program on Discovery Science called "Riddle of the Skies" just now and they discussed an apparently well documented case of a UFO over St. Petersburg, Russia, in February 1997. I came on to ATS to see if there was any more detail and couldn't find a thing, hence the thread.

They claim the incident had multiple reliable witnesses (air traffic controllers, pilots etc.), video footage and was deemed unexplainable by the official Russian investigation.

The incident consisted of some small orange lights traveling up from the ground and joining with a larger light which disappeared and then reappeared and then the lights flying around each other.

The footage of the incident shows a tri-angle shaped UFO.

There doesn't seem to be much info on it online and I wondered if anyone here might be able to flesh it out a bit for me.

Here's a link to a page which details the event but it seems to be based on the TV program I mention above.

This is a youtube vid which claims to be the incident.

Any more info or directions to a comprehensive thread would be much appreciated, this seems like a really interesting case.

[edit on 9/6/10 by pieman]

[edit on 9/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Looks like they are trying to say Russia has as Belgian
Triangle type Tesla ether ship.
Word on the street is Russia has the technology.
Will this make the Illuminati angry at Russia again.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Awesome footage, i've never seen that before. here is a video of something I believe looks very similar -

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It sure does, very interesting. They're also reminiscent of the phoenix lights, which happened in March 1997, a couple of weeks after the Russian indecent.

When looking for more info online I also came across a report of a spate of sightings in the US Pacific NW in early February on this page.

Then, from the next issue of the same newsletter, there is a report of another spate of sightings in Australia, also in February '97, some of the sightings were reported as being Tri-angular.

It all seems terribly co-incidental. I haven't seen anything which suggests a connection but it seems strange that there are so many multiple sightings around the same time. I'll keep digging and post anything else I find on Feb/March '97 here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Possibly, they may have developed it from recovered German technology post WW2, something like the "nazi bell". The thing is, the Russians have released reports on investigations carried out at top secret bases that say they have no secret project explanation for UFO's.

They might be dis-info of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If people think we have the technology from Germany from 1945
then Russia capturing the development bases have the saucer technology
as well.
But do they know how far reaching the technology is.
Lyne published his Ether book in Russian as there is an interest
among hobbyists in overuity devices much like the computer
hobbyist in the 1970s advent of the IBM PC.
Well like we had with the water hydrogen boost for cars.
Everyone has the science, might Russia put out the advanced technology
like they did with satellites at the end of the 50s after a decade
of nonsense about aliens and ufos in early 1950s movies that seem
to have left its mark in money making and cover up to the present.

new topics

top topics

join