It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling for BP's physical removal from the Gulf. They continue to lie.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Can you imagine how fast BP would scramble if the US stated BP is out. All rights and claims they have to the Gulf are void because of breach of contract, and blatant lies to the US people and lying under oath to Congress. We are bringing in ConocoPhillips or Exxon to take over control of the leak.

It might get BP's head out of their butt's before it is kicked. I'm not advocating that the Government run the show in the same way you wouldn't expect the coach of the Yankee's to go in and play second base when the second baseman doesn't do his job.

No. it's time to trade for a new second baseman. Put them in and let them have at it. The lawyers can cry all they want in court, but an Executive Order in the time of a national crisis could certainly remove certain people who have consistently screwed up and then lied about it from the playing field.

Stop this, clean it up, and then let the chips fall where they may.

As for the forest fire analogy, the firefighters DO know what they are doing. However, there has been a lot of debate and discussion over the years among the higher ups about whether to let it burn, or try to put it out immediately. If they do use the let it burn technique..which they have..and then the fire grows and rages out of control towards a city then it hits the fan and every scrambles to get it under control before it ravages a city.

Ask the people in Southern Cali about that. The fire fighters on the scene aren't the ones who's heads are on the chopping block then. It's the policy makers. They are the ones who need to be replaced.

I didn't advocate anyone removing any equipment from the scene because it would take too long to get all new equipment in there. I'm saying get the retarded managers out of there, and replace them with someone who while might only have the same chance at stopping this, will at least be more open about it.

It's the openness that I have the most problem with. If BP had come forward and told the people they had screwed up, there was going to be a hell of a leak, and the Gulf would probably take a huge hit and told them within the first days of this disaster, and then followed up with keeping the people informed then it might be different. And then let the media into the safe areas and allowed to do flyovers and allowed them to present the true story to the people, then it might be different. Heads would still roll, but it might be easier to stomach.

Instead this has become a huge cover up in order to protect BP's image and the image of the oil industry in general. What the people with their heads up their asses still haven't realized is they are actually making their image worse. Not better.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
BP could have solved the problem in the first week. They do not want to solve the problem. Why? This is a diversion to the economic and financial problems in America. They want this disaster to continue to destroy the best seafood in the world….to destroy the ecology, environment, and the economies of the southern half of the United States. And they want the 100,000 gallons of secret toxic chemicals that they sprayed on the surface to return as acid rain when the hurricane season come. The answer is SIMPLE, they (BP and Obama) do not want to solve this problem. Who owns BP? The major shareholders are the Rothchilds and the Queen of England. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

DCDAVECLARKE I can't agree with you more

I also feel they aren't and didn't cap it because they would lose the rights to it and lose out on owing the largest or nearly largest oil mine on earth.
I guess it's better for everyone else to suffer then to lose out on the gold mine.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Rachel Maddow had an EXCELLENT segment on the spill last night. I highly recommend watching it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

IF BP and the government want this to continue (which I think is entirely possible, based on results) my question is WHY? What's the end result they're looking for?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hello there big pretty doggie, thanks for adding that, Im very interested in all of the why's too!

One word....INSANE! They are insane, it's all insane.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Plumes, trickles, top hats blah blah blah.
If they haven't figured out how to stop this yet, then
it is a clear indication that they are managing something
they simply don't understand and in my opinion (and that's all it is)
should resign from the business of oil production.

It's like a midget with claw hands trying to ride a bucking
t-rex.

They should be sucking with straws at this point.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I believe BP should be kicked out of the gulf and any current or future American ventures. Dont let them take their equipment either just confiscate it. The government does it to drug dealers all the time and these guys have commited a crime just as bad. I have been following this spill pretty closely and they have lied about everything since day 1.

Also watching all this unfold I can see that BP will most likely end up walking away from most of their monetary obligation. Alot of clean up efforts are being done as people are waitng for BP to fund the clean up.
The fishermen have been saying BP is not keeping current on the payments they promised, not to mention the drop in BP stocks. I started thinking to myself, what if they file bancruptcy.

Well I heard it for the first time yesterday and again this morning on the news shows. That most l;ikely BP will file bancruptcy, maybe even fairly soon and have a court put a cap on what they will have to pay out. A lawyer said they could end up doing this before the well is even stopped or capped.

If any judge in America approves something like this he is likely on the take and should just be kicked right off of American soil. This would put everything sqaure on the taxpayers shoulders, while BP is in the gulf floundering around and treating the taxpayers like trash. Unbelievable.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
One of the reasons they may be letting it continue is that this was just an exploration well. It wasn't in production yet. BP is actually collecting so much oil from the pipes right now and the skimming that they don't have enough places to put it. They are sending more container ships into the region to have more holding capacity for the oil

It will still need to be separated from the water and then refined, but it is a definite source of revenue for them in an area that wasn't even supposed to be making them money yet.
I read somewhere the other day that BP estimated they were spending $10 million a day on cleanup costs. Yet they are collecting tens or hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil a day now. That should at least break them even, or substantially even out their cost to expense ratio for this incident.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

BP stated they would donate all revenue generated from collected oil to Gulf wildlife habitat restoration.

BP to donate skimmed oil revenue.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Yeah..I saw that. They also have said they will pay all clean up costs too. We will see.

However, if they underestimate the amount that is spilling as well as the amount they are collecting, like if they say they are collecting 60% of 19,000 barrels a day and donate that, but are actually collecting 70% of 50,000 barrels a day then they are still gonna donate less and return more revenue to themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
BP have said they will pay all the costs of clean up, even when another company Transocean staffed and operated this rig and caused this accident

Doesnt help with Obama doing his best to kick BP and he clearly doesnt like the English for close family reasons!

I think my goverment should have a word in his ear in private and tell him to back off the blame game,its a terrible accident and its clearly very hard to stop!

BP share price have dropped quicker than a tarts knickers,and the more obama puffs out his chest the worst it gets-unless this is planned with the desired outcome being a very weakened BP having to give up a lot of its rigs that side of the pond for other firms to take over when the time and markets are right?

www.deepwater.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Can I just ask all those in favour of kicking BP out of control, what would you have done differently?
I think just now on ATS there is alot of people who are understandibly very upset about this incident. But in my opinion the people who are calling for BP to go bust, and equally taking away there control of the capping attempts are maybe just to angry to think about the actual consequences of what they are hoping for.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think Obama should concentrate on kicking the oil well's a** first, then he can think about who needs their a-- kicked later.

They all know more then they are saying. They've known since the beginning!
.... "all" as in Obama, BP and others who are associated with them.

What are they hiding? What should we expect and when?

I haven't heard anything from other oil companies as of yet.

Do they have any ideas and have they made it known?

Many on here are correct! They’re hiding so much from us, they lie to cover up the truth, what are they covering up?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes. It's time to remove BP. They don't seem overly concerned at all and are making no progress. And the media blackouts are very disturbing.

Remove them Obama.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
OBAMA, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND YOU ARE MAKING SURE YOUR DAD IS PROUD OF YOU!

MR. COMMANDER AND CHIEF OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

I know you have a deaf ear to us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join