It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil leak 'a trickle' by next week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just spotted this article on MSN and find it hard to believe having watched the live feeds for a while now.

BP expects to be capturing virtually all the oil leaking from a damaged well in the Gulf of Mexico by early next week, a senior company executive has said.

Full Story

Is this just more BS to make us all have a nice weekend as it seems contrary to everything else i've been reading?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It sounds like BS but maybe...just maybe it will be taken care of. I'm going to have a good weekend period.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
HORSE ######

This is not stopping nor slowing to a trickle by next week. BP has continued to lie right to the American People's faces. They need to be physically removed from the gulf and replaced by someone who has a clue. See here on that matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I agree with you man! Just though this was pretty blatent since most of the time they have not committed to when it'll be stopped or whether anything they are trying will work.

Just more lies to add to the pot though and i guess we'll all see the "trickle" come Monday or Tuesday

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_man

I agree with you man! Just though this was pretty blatent since most of the time they have not committed to when it'll be stopped or whether anything they are trying will work.

Just more lies to add to the pot though and i guess we'll all see the "trickle" come Monday or Tuesday

Oh, I know. But they actually have. They have on at least 2 occasions already said it had stopped completely. Only to reverse that a few hours later. They have intentionally underestimated the size of the leak. They have denied the existence of oil plumes under the gulf.

They have lied to Congress. They have lied to the POTUS. They have lied to the American People. I do not in any way shape of form believe this load of BS they are saying about the spill stopping.

heh...I'm not directing anything at all at your thread...it's all at BP. I know you even say you think it's BS. I'm finally at my breaking point on this matter though. Sorry to vent on your thread..lol

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lol, no worries mate, i'm just putting it out there, not saying i believe anything that they say.

It's standard operating procedure that these guys are full of it at the best of times never mind in the middle of a crisis.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's another story that put's the trickle theory in some doubt.

NEW ORLEANS | While BP is capturing more oil from its blown-out well with every passing day, scientists on a team analyzing the flow said Tuesday that the amount of crude still escaping into the Gulf of Mexico may be considerably greater than what the government and the company have claimed.

Full Sory Here

Whil BP continue with the positive chit-chat, everyone else seems to be quietly stating that the reality is quite diffferent.

In the UK, the MSM are certainly not reporting the majority of what i see on the net. They're really only following the BP party line over here. Is this the same elsewhere?

BP being a UK based company are getting preferential treatment from the media here???

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As expected, it's now nearly wednesday and it seems like we're not down to a trickle yet....

Just more confirmed BS from the fantastic BP

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't think that is such a good news source. I know it says MSN and UK News, but it also says, "Man forced to marry cow" and "Obama wanted to know whose 'ass to kick.'"

I don't think BP would have made that bold of a statement without being certain of it. and capturing the oil is not the same as slowing the leak. So even if they said they could capture "virtually all of the oil leaking" it would not be the same as cutting the flow "to a relative trickle." The flow would still be there, it would just be captured.

Anyhow, here comes Wednesday, and I haven't seen or heard of any significant changes except for lightning starting a fire on their pump ship today.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes, in answer to OP!! Simply put, they think we are stupid!!!! That they control us and tell us what we think!

I think Obama's comment on "People will Eat food from the gulf just like they always have" This is ludicrous!!! UH hello.. dumb ass! Not unless they force feed it to me!!!! Idiocy

Pax

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I could provide a multitude of links to that story from other sources. I'm sure you'll see them if you hit google!

It was all over the place at the time so i'm pretty sure it was indeed stated.

Couple more links for you in case you don't want to look yourself.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

So yeah, it does look like it was said after all!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by G_man

Sorry, not trying to attack you or the OP, but all of those links are bunk as well.

3 of them are exact reprents and they are from "Press Association" not Associated Press. One of them was "Channel 4 News" a catchy name, but not a real news station and the site even has a disclaimer that all articles are from 3rd party sources and cannot be verified.

If COO Doug Suttles said anything, or if Barack Obama said anything, you would be able to find it in an AP or Reuters article somewhere.

This never happened. Sorry.

Edit!!! Edit!!! I was wrong!
www.baynews9.com...

By JAY REEVES
Associated Press Writer
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) -- A top BP executive says the company hopes to be capturing virtually all the oil leaking from the Gulf floor soon.

Chief operating officer Doug Suttles said on Tuesday in Gulf Shores, Ala., that the flow should decrease to "a relative trickle" soon.

BP later sought to clarify his comments. It says that even though the company is optimistic it can make measurable progress in the next week in reducing the flow. And it says it will take more time to reach the point that the spill amounts to a trickle.

He did say it, but almost instantly retracted or "clarified" it. Sorry for doubting you, although this is still a local news channel from Panama City and I haven't found anything on the wires. At least this is a verified news outlet though.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Anyone with any semblance of intelligence should realize that this is a ridiculous claim... They initially said that only 1,000 barrels a day were leaking - now we know that was a complete lie and they expect people to believe this latest propaganda?

Don't buy the lie.

In addition the other rig out there has been leaking since April and there is nothing being said about that, not is anything being said about the oil leaking in numerous locations on the sea floor.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
God i hope that is the case....

However, bp has not said anything which has been true so far....

So its highly unlikely given their trqck record thus far...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's a bit funny this! When i found the story initially it was all over the place with almost everyone reporting it. When i looked for these again today it was quite a bit more difficult to find than last week.

BTW Channel 4 is a main stream Channel in the UK not some obscure station. I mean everyone in the UK gets Channel 4 regardless of their particular broadcast package so it's pretty big here, that's why i posted that link. Not that i'm sticking up for any main stream news outlet as they all have their own agenda but it's usually as reliable as Sky or the BBC lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Teahupoo

I totally agree and i don't believe the lies either!

Since this story had such a short timescale i thought it would be a nice simple example of the nonsense that they thow out there and expect us to believe.

So in a week, they made the trickle statement and had it proved wrong!

Nice

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A trickle, huh? At least that article calls it a leak instead of a spill which is better but still not appropriate. The Valdez spilled oil from its hull. This is NOT spilling. This is spewing, erupting, spurting and gushing. Calling it a spill is misleading and fallacious and agitates me every time I hear it.

They're capturing more oil than they admitted was "spilling" and unfortunately the wildlife seem to be doing a tremendous job "capturing" the oil. And I've been curious as to why I haven't seen any fish in the news or pictures relating to this like I seem to remember during The Valdez spill.

They haven't been honest from the beginning and I'm extremely cautious to believe much of anything they have to say. Their credibility is shot and it's obvious that they're over their heads without knowledge, not guesses and attempts, of how to actually solve this catastrophe. It amazes me that since The Istok disaster 31 years ago no one actually came up with a plan to deal with a similar situation.

I'll believe a trickle when I see it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The article is more than a week old, so where's that trickle?

. . and my friends say we're not being fed dis-info.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
The article is more than a week old, so where's that trickle?

. . and my friends say we're not being fed dis-info.

That's my point exactly my friend! Such a small story and such a small comment but so easily proved to be a complete lie!

Everyone is focused on the bigger stuff which by it's very nature is more difficult to prove as lies or BS. I loved the simplicity of this lie as soon as i saw the original story. It was going to be so quick and easy to prove that they've been lying and once you catch them with one you're bound to be able to get them with others!!

This whole house of cards is coming down sooner or later and it's going to be messy!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe they revised this yesterday or the day before to something like 90% under control within two weeks. Start the next countdown clock...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join