It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mortal Kombat Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A director (don't know who, yet) has created an 8 minute short, which he is using as a pitch to Warner Bros to create a new Mortal Kombat movie.

The short is excellent and well worth a watch. Look out for the actress Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine, Star Trek Voyager).

What do you think? Would you like to see a new MK movie?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This totally ignores the mythology of Mortal Kombat and attempts to erase all fantasy from the story. I don't like this idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I liked the first movie adaptation of it...and a great soundtrack (really, it's incredible)... I still listen to the soundtrack a bit...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
when it came out nobody was sure if it was movie or game trailer since e3 is right around the corner. turns out it is a movie pitch and hasn't been picked up yet.

Mortal Kombat Rebirth

"Update 2: Actress Jeri Ryan, seen in the short playing Sonya Blade, offered further comment about the project on Twitter. "It's not a game trailer," Ryan said. "Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film." She said she had "No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was.""

edit: skorpion looks bad ass.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by mvirata]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I thought I was the only one who liked the Mortal Kombat soundtrack.

It really is a good collection of some of the harder Techno and Industrial from the time.

And I love the games. I still play MKII, now and then.

As for another movie: I doubt it will be any better than the previous one, but here's hoping whoever directs it does the series some justice.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It turns out Warner Brothers Interactive is going to release a video game of Mortal Kombat, not the movies:

content.usatoday.com...

The games will be focused for mature players and are scheduled to debut in 2011.

No word on any movie plans.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Sounds good to me.

Been waiting a while for a new MK game, thanks for posting that.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I read about the game, it doesn't look like anything new. The storyline sounds interesting though.

top topics

join