It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I am developing insomnia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My internship started this Monday and for the first time I am living on my own. For the past three nights, I have slept 1 , maybe 2, hours. During the day, I feel extremely detached from everything and everyone and have a very bad headache. I try to go to bed at 9 or 10 pm, and will usually "sleep" (hallucinate) for an hour or two and wake up, finding myself unable to go back to sleep. I am tired and in pain, and when I lay down my mind is racing. Never knew insomnia is so bad..

..anyway, do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to be able to sleep normally all night? I am going to purchase valerian root extract after work today and hope it works, but from what I read online it is not very effective.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Was your sleep normal before you moved out on your own and started your internship? If it was, than I'm sure the big changes in your life have a lot to do with your sleeplessness. I wouldn't worry about it. Try to avoid exercise and caffeine for three hours prior to sleep, and try reading for an hour before. (I would avoid web surfing for that hour, just normal book or magazine reading.)

I bet your sleep fixes itself in no time. Good luck.

join