It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up!! You are doing EXACTLY what is expected of you! Exactly what THEY want!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
reply to post by pjslug

"They" refers to modern aristocracy...bankers, business giants, governing bodies, etc. that are in a position to control the flow of money and the creation of laws. Pretty simple really. Pretty self evident. Those in positions of power and wealth often scratch each others backs in order to preserve that power and wealth.

There have always been rulers of men and those they rule over. It's no mystery. I believe, at some, level, there is a focused, concerted agenda. It just happens that this round is global, due to increased efficiency in technology. Maybe they break into occasional, evil laughter... or not. They are just people, like us, with a ton of money and influence and a network of the same for protection. Eventually they will lose it, like every heirarchy in history has managed to do and will be replaced by another waiting in the wings.

Check out the latest Bilderburgermeister conference for a detailed list of some of the players and a peek at their agenda. This stuff is real. Some of the players are responsible for some pretty fundamental technologies and needs... microsoft, facebook, oil, pharmaceuticals, media, communication, even food, water and air. Pretty connected bunch.

Nothing new under the sun though...
The penduulum will eventually swing back.

Yes. but this has nothing to do with the OP making it sound like they are all together functioning as one person trying to plot against us. Sure, the rich want to be rich and want to maintain that hierarchy -- but there is not some evil conspiracy, or newsletter that they all subscribe to, where every single person in the top 1% is trying to take over the world and put shackles on us.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
People need to focus on events like these or nothing is going to get done in regards to them.

Originally posted by thedarklingthrushI try to bring these topics up with my family, my co-workers and friends I see everyday and occasionally and extended familiy etc, and nobody really knows much or wants to hear about.

They just know that its bad and that its complicated so they don't devote much attention to it for fear of being contaminated with negativity.

I see the point you are trying to make and it has its merits. It is true that people SHOULD be aware of what happens in their world, the rights and the wrongs. But the problems start occurring when we start giving all our energy to it. When it becomes all we talk about. When we obsess over it.

There is a balance it is true. But as a microcosm for the outside world, and ATS is that despite what some may say, this is a sign of our focus, and we are letting negativity rule us.

Fine, learn about what is happening and if someone is interested then enlighten them on the facts and issues. That is a great service. But then get on with it.

Is the oil spill resolved? No.
Is War resolved? No.
Is global meltdown resolved? No.

Focusing on them doesn't lead to a resolution. It just leads to negative tendencies. But i appreciate your perspective and thank you for giving it

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
I fear that if the attitude expressed here pervades us, then we will be afraid of spreading the truth for fear of "being too negative". To me, that would be playing right into their hands.

Once again, i think it is about achieving a balance.

We need to live our lives thinking, feeling, living HAPPY and positive. Happy for all the little things, positive in our attitude towards ourself, others and the world around us.

We CAN change things. We have power greater than most realise. We need to use that power to CREATE a positive world.

Now more than ever, we NEED to realise this
Thanks for your 2c though mate.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Excellent thread! F&S fer sure!

My .02 is this:

I have read the OP original post, and I have read replies that we SHOULD be thinking of these events as those who choose to keep their heads in the sand, or all of the positive thinking in the world isn't going to change the rate of flow in the gulf....and I would like to say that YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT!

Here is a piece of my strategy as the world seems to be heading to hell in a hand basket in what appears to be faster and faster everyday. When I said that BOTH arguments/stances/outlook/whatever are right I meant that YES we MUST remember to remain vigilant and as bad as it is to have to read about the corruption/evil acts that seem to be occurring more and more, we must NEVER underestimate the intelligence (a very high intelligence) of those PTB that wish to destroy us...because I think that many will agree that the adversary that we face could easily be considered to be the most diabolical of all time!

So YES we must unfortunately continue to keep pressing on just as we have been here as it is necessary should we even hope to have a chance at thwarting this very formidable opponent that is operating not just in the U.S. but on a global scale!

BUT....

At the same time we MUST go about our lives, continue towards achieving the goals that we had set prior to our "awakening" (I realize that is a very new age kinda term, and believe me I DO NOT condone nor support this so called "new age movement" as I see them as a major component of those who ultimately wish to destroy life as we know it, and are using that movement merely as a tool to achieve but just one of MANY hidden agendas that they have hatched...I chose awakening for lack of a better word basically), BUT we MUST KEEP A CALM COOL LEVEL HEAD as we go about our daily life, and TRY AND STAY POSITIVE THAT IN THE END EVIL WILL BE DEFEATED!!

Why? Or how do I arrive at this belief?

Because if you REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT WOULD PLAY RIGHT INTO TPTB HANDS...then it is my firm belief that should this corrupt gov. along with TPTB create and foster an environment SO FREAKING CHAOTIC...one where America finally comes unhinged and storms the capitol (and maybe I am over-dramatizing there but you get my point)...should they finally cause every state militia in this country to organize and take up arms in an attempt to take OUR Republic back?

Then THAT is what I believe they would want ;-) In fact it is THAT in what I think that they are trying to do at this very moment! Come on think about it! True we have MANY stupid people in this world, BUT taking ONE LOOK at Oboooma's track record...and you see MANY flat out deliberate acts and angles all served for what?!?! Like seriously..I know there have been a few that lined their pockets from this latest disaster, BUT man I am telling you...someone/something seems to be MORE INTERESTED INTO PROVOKING A RESPONSE FROM WHAT IS KNOWN TO BE A VERY PATRIOTIC COUNTRY THAT OWNS LOTS OF GUNS!!

Now...which would be easier? To announce that our way of life as we have come to know it is now over, and oh yea...they will be coming door to door 3 days a week to confiscate guns, turn your kids over to the state, and shoot your dog?

Or would their objective be much easier should they continue to provoke us until we SNAP! and then could all be more easily herded up like sheep making a nice short order of things?

No...it is MY BELIEF that NO MATTER WHAT THEY THROW AT US, WE MUST NOT EVER LOOK AWAY AND STOP REPORTING ON THEIR ASSES, AND AT THE SAME TIME WE NEED TO RESIST OUR PRIMORDIAL URGES FOR REVENGE AND KEEP OUR HEADS!! THEN WE WOULD BE DENYING THEM WHAT THEY TRULY WANT PEOPLE!!

Sorry for all the caps...I kinda get really pissed off when I think about what has happened to a country that I spent 20 years defending only to now live with this :-/

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's glad to know that more and more people are seeing through the smoke screen. The people are getting wise at learning where to focus their energy. Much props to the TS.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I don't think the OP was saying "Ignore everything". He was stating that being negative is the wrong response.

The real problem here is Ego, just like he said.

The oil spill stinks, but what is sitting around crying going to do about it? If you are so distressed by it then you need to get up, stop whining and take some real positive action.

Thank you Antonia, you have helped clarify the point. Pointlessly dwelling on negativity results in one thing and one thing only - pointless negativity.

I think you have summed that up nicely, so thank you

Originally posted by depth om
I guess to change the universe the charge must begin in the heart, and emanating out to others who feel the love, their hearts will take upon the rythym, and like additive frequencies, the whole of man will begin to vibrate to the energies of the living and the loved rather than the dead and the damned, and in changing first ourselves, we attest to the other men and women, our love, for them.

And then, we rise.

Amen to that. Now we're talking. If we can somehow have a majority unite in our thoughts or actions then the rest takes care of itself. It will all suddenly change as we start to beat with a single heart. Then, as you said, we rise

Originally posted by 11118
Wrong, there are no sides, there is only one underlying hand that controls everything - it's all an elaborate stage.

The controlling faction divides the masses to fight against each other.

Fighting fire with fire only feeds the fire as a whole that's truly what they want and are successful.

Fear separates, Love brings together. The world is a reflection of yourself.
Many have forgotten their true being, power of thought and being is so powerful and yet, many do not believe it to be true.

Again, beautifully spoken! Fear INDEED separates - it separates in many but its chief crime is that is separates us from who we REALLY are, it makes us forget.

They get us angry and HOPE we fight fire with fire - and when 'they' are the opposition, that tactic will NEVER EVER work.

Thanks mate

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
If you could point me towards the positive global news, I will give it my undivided attention.

Positive news does not make good TV ratings - you will not see it on your nightly news - you know this. You have to look in places you would not expect.

In my view, the best 'news' one can receive is that which informs your soul/spirit of its true nature. Stuff that makes you, if even for a moment, cast aside all the negativity and ponder something deeper than whether we are going to start a war or sink in financial doom.

For me, personally, this type of stuff comes from people such as Kiesha Crowther, David Wilcock, The Law of One series, Freeman, David Icke, Hancock, so and so forth. There is so much out there. You have to sift through some garbage mind you, but if you read enough and be discerning enough, you will find your truth and your spirit will sing - and you will KNOW it.

Best of luck with your journey

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Be careful that your ideal of "love, live and be happy" doesnt lead you down the path of "ignorance, sleep, and blindness". There have been lots of "negative" postings as of late because there is a lot of negativity and people here are waking up to the fact that we have the responsibility to present truth...no matter how unpleasent the truth may be.

Interesting take. In my particular case, there is no ignorance, sleep or blindness. I will make myself aware of what is happening and then send positive energy its way.

Living in Australia, there is little i can do first-hand to help out with the global disasters/events happening at the moment.

I honestly feel that by maybe helping someone to think differently in this time of turmoil then i have done a great service

I may be wrong, but it certainly feels right.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
The great media panic is conributing to a shift in locus of control from internal to external.

Wow - very insightful. It is so true. The more we focus on the external, the further away we are from our true self. 'They' would love for us to keep giving energy to external events and just forget completely that there is an internal aspect that is more important than any war or oil spill.

Thanks for the insight!

Originally posted by pjslug
Who exactly is "They?" Who are these so-called powers that be that are sitting in some room, laughing about how miserable they are purposely trying to make my life?
I fear you have succumbed to the all-mighty, ATS paranoia virus.

No friend, no paranoia here. When i say i just mean those who pull the strings on our reality. If you do not believe that to be the case, cool, i just happen to think we are manipulated as a whole by a very few

Also, you have 'Ringing Cedars' in your sig - interesting your response considering that. Very interesting books they are!
ringing cedars guy

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I agree. I admit I also delve into the negatives, but I do so only to inform and help to pinpoint areas that need fixing for the betterment of life and liberty. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away, and I do concur that we need to also take time for ourselves to enjoy what we can in this shrinking life. It does seem that money and ego make for a bad formula.
I'm a kind of 'fix it now so I can relax and chill later' person. I take my breaks to tend to my organic garden, compose music, cut up firewood and visit nearby family. I am working on unplugging from the grid as much as possible, so when the SHTF I'll be minimally affected. No worries about big city crises here.
It used to irk me when I would try to wake people up and they would just blow me off as being a 'tin hat'. Then one day it hit me. Would I want to know what is really going on and raise a ruckus, or would I live in blissful ignorance and grab each day like the ray of happy sunshine it is? It made me wonder. Although living in darkness of real world events is pretty senseless. I'd rather go out with a fight, instead of having a breakdown 15 minutes before zero hour. Knowledge is survival.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Friends,

It has become a cancer. The loud voices are getting louder, the quiet ones just stare out at the stars and shake their head in disappointment.

Look around guys. You can see it for yourself!

!

So here's the point...

We are focusing on everything the machine wants us to. It is almost as if we are CRAVING that negativity. Almost as if we are feeding off of it. Almost as if we are ADDICTED to it..... Think about that, really think about that.

As a collective we now NEED to pull together and as a whole say NO MORE to the negativity thrown right in our faces 24/7.

**There is something else you can do - love, live, be happy.**

There are forces at work who want us, no, NEED us, to focus on the negativity. Why do you think there is so much of it? We keep feeding it and the beast grows fatter!

I know it is hard. No-one ever said it wasn't. But if we don't make an effort to change the way we think and the energy we put out, who knows what horrible world we could create. We have the CHOICE to live and create how we want. We CAN choose negativity, but surely there is a better way.

If we don't at least try to change the way we think, act, live, then 'they' win the battle. It is as simple as that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by srsen]

You are RIGHT!!!!!
For some reason I make myself not follow what the media is projecting. I refuse to ingest the poison it feeds. I combat daily against TPTB for the positive of our Eco system and our beautiful planet. I REFUSE to FEED that beast. Human have truly become the parasite the infection of this planet. It is so sad, the amount of casualties that are developing from this beast, we must stand together as a collective.

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!!! It does not matter if you are religious, atheist or spiritual. What ever you are, WAKE UP!!! Do NOT FEED THE MACHINE OF NEGATIVITY.

We as a species must work as a collective for the planet. Everything on this planet can work in unison. It worked before. It is the off kilter of balance that we AS humans have done in the destroying of each other and every living thing on this planet. Seek and destroy or conquer get us NO WHERE. The ramifications are know being shown from our parasitic nature.

We must turn this around before it is to late and we have another planet that is wasted. WAKE UP

[edit on 9-6-2010 by yesIAM]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I see your point and disagree 100%. IT has nothing to do with anything.
To me it's like taking all the negative crap that is going on and saying
it's our fault for thinking that way. Spun ducky woo woo.

I can promise you this, the only thing that will happen, is what is supposed to happen. Anything else is mumbo jumbo.The future is no different from the past, it's written in stone.

I understand your perspective, but disagree also. I really honestly think that there is no 'set in stone' reality. I think all this 2012 stuff is actually about us making a choice, collectively, either knowingly or unknowingly. I think the world can move into golden eras or the exact opposite.

It is up to us

Originally posted by Legion2112
It's very easy kids, if this place is dragging you down, unplug for a little while... go fishing, go for a hike, spend time with the fam... but don't insult me by suggesting that I'm somehow a puppet because I think BP should pay dearly for what they've done, or that we should have stronger border security in the southwest.

I agree with your statement regarding unplugging - it is indeed very easy to do and it feels better than stressing out bout things you cannot control.

But i do not and did not mean to call anyone at all a puppet for his/her beliefs. And I do apologies if offense was taken, honestly. All i meant was for those who have been inundated by negativity to realise that this is another alternative.

We do not have to fall for their game of dwelling in the negativity they bring to us each and every day. As you said, there are ways to unplug.

No-one thinks you shouldn't be allowed to want BP to pay, I was just suggesting that we try to think more bout the good things in life rather than all the bad

Originally posted by Beefcake
Wrong! We are focused on things that matter for a change instead of Bigfoot, crystal skulls, Stargates, Nibiru. This site used to be all about that stuff and the establishment loved it because it was harmless and useless and nonthreatening.

But now we talk about serious topics and REAL truth and we are exposing the evils daily.

This truth isn't depressing it is thrilling and exciting to expose truth.

I'm convinced that the only reason we haven't seen another 9/11 style false flag is because they know that there are operatives for truth everywhere and plenty of outlets for whistle blowers to send info. Camera phones everywhere let's see them try it lol.

Of course they will infiltrate sites like this and make threads about how we are "doing what they want" by following this stuff lol. Very clever but it won't work. The cat is out of the bag and there is no way we are going back to talking about Bigfoot.

Mate, there is no way AT ALL i am infiltrating anything or trying to pull wool over anyone's eyes. I understand what you are saying but you are pointing fingers at the wrong guy.

I actually agree with you - everytime sites like ours expose a potential false flag event or some nefarious scheme, we prevent it from happening. They cant go ahead with such horrible crimes if their hands have been shown.

Yes, exposing truth is awesome - even if it is negative. Is this not the reason we are members here to start with?

But there is a difference between that kind of thread and the ENDLESS war, oil, doom, gloom threads which prove little but spread the negativity and reinforce in everyone's minds how messed up everything is. Those threads just spread the fear/negativity! I was hoping to make the point that we can use our energy in MUCH better ways!

in regards to bigfoot, Nibiru, stargate, crystal skulls, etc - well that is merely a point of personal interest. Those threads do not interest you, that's cool by me. But understand that THEY are the backbone of ATS and there will always be that element here. AT least they are VERY interesting threads to read! haha IMO at least anyway

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Great post.

But I've got to know... wth are sea squirrels?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by raknjak
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you're a bit negative by looking at it from only that angle?

You know what, i never saw that thread - AND IN THE POLITICS SECTION TOO
!

Love it, awesome thread, thanks for pointing it out

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Are aliens and the World Cup acceptable for me to dedicate my time to thinking about? What if my team loses and it makes me feel negative? Now I can't even think about the World Cup.

Some thing in life, you just can't escape. If my team sux at the WOrld CUp this year i will certainly be very negative for the week hahaha...

But hey, somethings just cant be helped right? It's football, its larger than life!

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Have to say I am completely guilty of this not just on ATS. I am also more often than not the quiet guy looking out at the stars!
However I am going to do my part in the true spirit of this thread, and as a new member I will make a vow that my first subject based thread will be on a positive topic, you can hold me to that!

Sending some positive vibes your way buddy!

Great, awesome, that made my day. Glad to see some action will be taken! Good stuff mate

Originally posted by Poppa D
To OP:

This has to be one of the worst posts ever.... just be happy... pretend that nothing is wrong... go on with your life... don't worry about the problems in the world.... you sound like every weak, undereducated, and brainwashed sheeples out there.

Doing what you suggest is exactly what "they" would want you to do.

Someone check this guys IP and make sure its not from DC.

Poppa

The idea of me needing my IP checked or being some undercover agent made me laugh, so i starred you anyway
not sure why

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I think the OP reads just like a bad advertisement.

It's like Lucifer returned in the guise of Billy Mays.

I'm sorry mate, but regardless of whatever you said, you and I could NEVER argue or not be friends. You see, you're sig indicates you're a fan of Lost. Nuff said. Brothers forever

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygen56
Perfect post OP. And I was hoping to see ET MAN hop on this as well. This post is a excellent start! Keep it up!

Let's not confuse being POSITIVE with being blissfully ignorant.

Being AWARE of what is going on and making an effort to focus on the possible POSITIVE outcome is the important point here.

From giving "them" energy to taking it away from "them".

(Them being any negative energy in any form)

Peace and love!

Originally posted by ET_MAN
It's not about focusing on the negative but being aware of the negative and FOCUSING on the POSITIVE.

Not putting one's HEAD in the SAND.

POSITIVITY is what it's all about but that does not mean walking around in DENIAL of what's going on in the world.

AWARENESS is necessary and FOCUSING on a POSITIVE future with CHANGE for the BETTER is necessary.

Spread the Awareness,

Spread the Love,

LOVE & PEACE

Yes, yes, and yes!!!

Thank you guys. you said what i was about to:

Being Happy and positive DOES NOT equate to ignorance!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
This is my best day ever here on ATS!! This is one of about three beautiful, positive, and potentially life and world changing threads I've read today.

Many are aware of this. Some have forgotten; being consumed by the every day rat race. Some have yet to wake up.

Thank you, OP.

Much love to you.

My absolute pleasure/honour to be part of it
You made my day too by saying this

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There are plenty of sites that offer nothing but happy/good news.
Feels like fluff to me.

Even the most depressing topics presented on this site generate very positive responses... not happy perhaps, but positive. Look at how many good suggestions were presented to address the problems caused by the oil eruption in the gulf.

If you think there's only negative on ATS, you're not watching closely enough. Nowhere else have I seen so many interesting things from all corners of our planet and beyond, and those things are always presented with amazement. If you choose not to follow along on those journeys, maybe it is YOU that is focusing on the negative.

Please, posters here on ATS... don't change a thing! The news I get here has helped me be better prepared for what has and what will happen. I'm pretty sure the founding fathers of the U.S. didn't accomplish all that they did just through positive thinking.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just received a U2U from ATS announcing the arrival of the "Conspiracy
Chicks" and describing some of what they're discussing. None of the
topics listed were of the upbeat "feel-good" variety. So the OP is correct
in stating that ATS is fanning the flames of negativity.

That being said, the Bible has been historically correct in most of its
predictions of future events. It predicts very clearly that mankind
overall will deteriorate into mental negativity, rampant crime, etc..
I'm sure most of you are aware of this, whether you believe it or not.

Should we just relax, get the most out of life and just let fate take
humans to the inevitable, destined conclusion?
-cwm

[edit on 9-6-2010 by carewemust]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

very well said, ive been thinking the same thing lately, putting it in the air for someone else to breathe in, but nobody decides to.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Great thread. It is making for one of the most interesting conversations Ive read here on ATS.

Both sides have merit, but it it comes down to focus, which is good because it means we have a choice.

Becoming aware is the first step. It is what has lead the majority of the people to this website. First your eyes are opened, and then you get a little freaked about how deep the rabbt hole actually goes.

Whats happening in the world right now is an eye opener for all the people who have been telling us were crazy all along. From a time of great novelty comes great change. Pople are going to see the rabbit hole and it is our job to guide them because we know the pitfalls.

When I first came to ATS I was overwhelemed by all of the information. I realized it was making me extremly paranoid. I was focusing on what seemed like an impossible grip TPTB had on the public. It seemed like there was no hope.

From my realization, with much help from talking with people like you on this site, I realized it is all about focus and the best example of this for me anyway came to me as I was writing the NOW hread below.

If you are old enough to drive, or even if you have been present for your parents getting a new car, you will have experienced this. Say your parents get a jeep, what magically happens? You start seeing Jeeps EVERYWHERE. They seem like they are all around you whereever you go.

That is because what you focus on grows, like little seeds you water with your thoughts. Your brain works the same way with anything else you focus on. What you focus on you will see more of. That is a fact. It will happen almost magically, but it is just because we are more powerful than we are ready to believe.

Its ok to be congnisant of whats going on in the world, but there is plenty of good to focus on. We see more and more of the truth coming out. With the internet and people like us, there can be no more lies. People who were calling me crazy 3 years ago now come to me for advice.

So yes, be aware!! But know you have a choice, so choose wisley and know that it is all going exactly to plan.

No worries!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbeet
create our own reality?
think only positive?
alice in wonder land

[edit on 9/6/2010 by kbeet]

if you think negative thoughts you really only hurt yourself. "they" know that

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OP, s&f.

It's all about our vibration. Because we are all made of energy, everything we are, see, touch, etc. is a vibration, at one speed or another. When we FOCUS on negativity, we send out a negative vibration, a lower vibration, which in essence, creates our reality. Same goes for positive vibration.

It is imperative that we are all waking up, and sometimes it takes the negative events to open our eyes. But we cannot focus on those indefinitely, because that "fuels the fire"; it promotes the negative event to continue. YES, be aware, let it sink in, take it for what it is. But THEN, raise your positivity, BELIEVE that change IS COMING, and it will be so.
At the risk of sounding cliche, "BE the change you want in your world." Good or bad, it's up to you, to us, because, when it all comes down to it, we are all One. Collectively, we can change things we may have never thought possible.

Love and light.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join