It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up!! You are doing EXACTLY what is expected of you! Exactly what THEY want!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This website is called AboveTopSecret. Obviously the things that are discussed are generally secretive, such as gov. conspiracies, etc. Things are secrets for a reason, usually because they are negative or wrong. People focus on these, not because they want to dwell in the negative, but because they believe that these issues should be brought to light and righted. I believe there is a more positive forum, its called BelowTopSecret.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Friends,

Over the 12 months I have noticed, as have many other users, a new trend slowly taking over. It is something that it is no way restricted to ATS, it has become a symptom of modern life, but acting as a microcosm for modern life ATS is a great example.

It has become a cancer. The loud voices are getting louder, the quiet ones just stare out at the stars and shake their head in disappointment.

So what is it? It is exactly what 'they', The Powers That Be, want it to be. And it is going to plan. Quite possibly it is 'their' biggest, most successful endeavor ever - and most of us are totally falling for it.

Look around guys. You can see it for yourself!

Analyzing the "Recent Post' page provides an interesting insight into it.

Of approximately 60 posts:

- 20 focused on Government/Politics/Financial Meltdown
- 10 focused on Israel/War
- 5 focused on Gulf Oil spill
- the remaining 25 were mixed

That's astounding! 35/60!! Over HALF of our recent posts focused on negative current events. Add to that 6/6 'Hot Topics' and 6/7 'Most Flagged Topics' - all negative current events!

So here's the point...

We are focusing on everything the machine wants us to. It is almost as if we are CRAVING that negativity. Almost as if we are feeding off of it. Almost as if we are ADDICTED to it..... Think about that, really think about that.

Yes, I know that we discuss current events and currently there are many negative events. I totally get that, but I'm going deeper here.

As a collective we now NEED to pull together and as a whole say NO MORE to the negativity thrown right in our faces 24/7.

**There is something else you can do - love, live, be happy.**

There are forces at work who want us, no, NEED us, to focus on the negativity. Why do you think there is so much of it? We keep feeding it and the beast grows fatter!

Please ATS, it is time we LEAD by example. It is time we look for the good in life and stop dwelling on the negative. Stop ridiculing people. Stop thinking how superior you are. Stop thinking you know better than everyone else. Stop thinking with your ego.

I know it is hard. No-one ever said it wasn't. But if we don't make an effort to change the way we think and the energy we put out, who knows what horrible world we could create. We have the CHOICE to live and create how we want. We CAN choose negativity, but surely there is a better way.

If we don't at least try to change the way we think, act, live, then 'they' win the battle. It is as simple as that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by srsen]

My compliments!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Let's Fast Forward abit. The way I see it is TPTB would like nothing more than to see our Country come to a point of Civil Unrest, this they know how to deal with and would declare Martial Law and attempt gun confiscation. If the populace were not to to come to a point of Civil Unrest it would greatly upset any plan they might have and wouldn't know how to deal with it. My plan is not to take up any arms unless I see foreign troops on our soil. By not coming to a point of Civil Unrest you would leave TPTB Helpless.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you're a bit negative by looking at it from only that angle?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

They are the ones who are in danger of getting caught up by the TBTP because for them Israel and the oil spill and North Korea are just scary blips at the beginning of the nightly news or on the front page of the paper. They just know that its bad and that its complicated so they don't devote much attention to it for fear of being contaminated with negativity.

These are all big problems and they all need fixing sooner rather than later. Glossing over them because they are negative.

Thinking positive isn't gonna stop the oil coming out of that hole, or the Palestinians and Jews from hating each other.

Thinking positively may not 'stop the oil coming out of that hole, or the Palestinians and Jews from hating each other', but it will move people to a better place of consciousness. We can say to ourselves, "Well, look, they're fighting again or that oil is still coming out of that hole, and it's killing all the wildlife', and that isn't helping either. I don't personally know anyone who is actually capable of doing anything about any of our current events. Even if we wanted to help in someway, we would simply be told to go back home because it's all taken care of. They don't want our help.

If we cannot help by putting our positive energy toward physically helping a particular situation, then let's do it mentally. I believe we have the power to create more positive outcomes. I also believe that those in power know this and put the fear out there to keep us preoccupied so that we do not make these positive outcomes. If we are busy dwelling on all the negative things, we won't have time or energy to put out any positive energy.

Here's to hoping that the ATS community is all for putting some positive energy into the creation of a more positive world.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have to disagree. The pressure of current events is what will "wake" the multitudes. Waking won't happen in the cushy environment of the 60s. No.

This time period has been prophesied by many cultures to be the roughest of all times. Thats why we are here. We chose to be here to help others through it.

Know yourself. Grow. Put out your postive energy. Do not think that we can stop these events as they occur since they are needed for humanity to hit rock bottom before the "most" can be salvaged.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
THIS IS A CONSPIRACY BOARD, SORRY, BUT I DONT KNOW ANY GOOD CONSPIRACY

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I hear ya man.

Let us not forget that we are human and that we out of nature jump to conclusions in order to be prepared for events that threaten our survival. We overreact.

We are all so bored with our lives these days, that we try to sensationalize everything for entertainment.

Regarding the news and the oil spill doom and gloom, let us not forget about the almighty ratings. FOX, CNN, BBC, Alex Jones, even this site, stand to profit in someway from times of trouble, be it in money, prestige, or what have you. They gotta bring in the viewers, the consumer base.

We ARE addicted. We have a disease, they got a "cure," but it is their way and not ours.

It comes down to us.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Are aliens and the World Cup acceptable for me to dedicate my time to thinking about? What if my team loses and it makes me feel negative? Now I can't even think about the World Cup.

While it is good to be positive, you also need to know the truth about a covered up event even if it is sad, negative, and depressing. Does it really help to ignore the ducks and sea squirrels covered in what we fuel our economy with? Does it help anyone to not realize that we need to demand that Halliburton and BP are held accountable? It helps them if we don't pay attention.

Maybe, negativity fuels the economy. When you feel negative, you buy stuff or do things to make you feel better. If you feel positive, you are satisfied and content with your smile and not spending any money.

+
NO! None of that!
-
Thats better, now go shopping my pretties
Or
We could just straight face and confront TPTB

[edit on 9-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84
Hey my friend.

You are so right mate. All the negative energy whe put out isn't making any change we need so bad. Be the change you wanna see, not mine but i like the fraise.

Can't ATS make a sub-forum only for the positive news and information?

Excellent post really fantastic!!

Peace and loves. Vincent

That is actually a great idea, I'm all for it.

2nd line =D

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Have to say I am completely guilty of this not just on ATS. I am also more often than not the quiet guy looking out at the stars!
However I am going to do my part in the true spirit of this thread, and as a new member I will make a vow that my first subject based thread will be on a positive topic, you can hold me to that!

Sending some positive vibes your way buddy!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I agree. Be positive, think clearly, act quickly and decisively to get it done so we can all live in a better world. Obsessing over it on the Internet will do nothing, from our position, unless we choose to directly help. All we can do to help without being the ones doing the work is to think clearly and ensure that everything is taken care of. We need to have a strong motivating force to compel us, but it should be the realization that without a powerful and direct influence upon the situation things will only get much worse, and NOT any kind of negative emotions or fear, because that not only does not help, but clouds our judgment and will only make the situation worse.

Good point, OP.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
To OP:

This has to be one of the worst posts ever.... just be happy... pretend that nothing is wrong... go on with your life... don't worry about the problems in the world.... you sound like every weak, undereducated, and brainwashed sheeples out there.

Doing what you suggest is exactly what "they" would want you to do.

Someone check this guys IP and make sure its not from DC.

Poppa

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
So here's the point...

Yes, I know that we discuss current events and currently there are many negative events. I totally get that, but I'm going deeper here.

As a collective we now NEED to pull together and as a whole say NO MORE to the negativity thrown right in our faces 24/7.

**There is something else you can do - love, live, be happy.**

There are forces at work who want us, no, NEED us, to focus on the negativity. Why do you think there is so much of it? We keep feeding it and the beast grows fatter!

you're quite right. the very nature of this site could be at fault here - the main theme of ats (in most general terms) is CONSPIRACY - and that word in itself plants a seed of negativity, implying division, conflict, distrust, fear etc etc... we have to be careful not to fall too easily into a mindset governed by those emotions!! spread the love at all times, like the dude who started that thread about sending love and light to all (props to them).

one love

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I think the OP reads just like a bad advertisement.

It's like Lucifer returned in the guise of Billy Mays.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
I have to disagree. The pressure of current events is what will "wake" the multitudes. Waking won't happen in the cushy environment of the 60s. No.

I have to disagree, it was in the 60s that people stood up to a Government waging War and corruption, I don't see much of that now.

I get the point of the Op, it's not about burying your head in the sand, it's about mastering our emotions and not letting our emotions become master.
Take charge, turn the negative event into a constructive solution.

Albert Einstein's missed one crucial point on his space time web theory, the whole Universal Web is elastic, meaning that what ever you send out as energy, like thought energy, bounces back amplified. So be careful you don't send out too much of the negative.

Maybe this is what TPTB rely on, creating a suitable environment for their evil spirits like Moloch, who, in return help them to ultimate power and control by insuring that events staged, like 911, are successful.
Muslim Extremist said that it was the power of Allah that helped bring down the two Towers............ somehow I don't think it was Allah, probably another entity worshiped by the Bush administration.

Yeah.... I know, a complete nutty theory..... but then again so is this whole Bohemian Grove, Scull and Bones, etc etc
Don't tell me they do this for fun only.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Greatings Nano-Conspiracy Theorist,

It all went down hill when the Conspiracy chick thing was started, it was like Merkabas run amok on this special blog world that was created for the lonley of hidden knowlage.

And don't even let me of the chain at Ian pungent stench

Who gave them clearance and started another Give them some chicks that are cute with a and TelePrompTer brain... Please! Jesus was the greatest conspiracy theorist ever.

This website is now Hollywood sanitation like Coast2Coast looking to sell a product of delusion and self admiration... But Yin/Yang to everything some is good.

I know you are but what am I... Bring it

Peace out... Thought becomes action when there is Weight and true Authority of knowing behind it.

I am Mr X
Mr X

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great points OP!

It was just yesterday (before I saw your post) that I decided to remove all of the negative and current events that I regularly post to my Facebook account, many of which I learn about here.

I was thinking that in some way I was helping to spread the message and wake people up, but after noticing most of the comments, such as "scary," or "OMG, this is bad," and the fact that my wife can't take it anymore (hehe), I think I'm done trying to spread the info.

Is it weak to "tune out," so to speak? Life is short and while there are so many injustices out there that I'd like to be a part of rectifying, just spewing about it doesn't really do much but freak everyone out, and not enough to do anything about it though. Perhaps "leading by example" and on a positive tip would be better.

Thanks for the reminder!

-Greyling

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I agree with this post absolutely. They want us to get down, they want us to get mad, they want us to take violent action.

To counter act this I meditate once a day-on my lunch break everyday.

I also recently started playing organ at a Black Gospel Church-these guys know how to get some positive energy going.

I also try not to engage in road rage, and try the best I can to treat all people I come into contact with love and respect.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.

- Smith

People have been groomed for a loooong time to be this cynical and pessimistic - good luck changing that with one ranting post, but for our sake I hope you find a way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join