It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up!! You are doing EXACTLY what is expected of you! Exactly what THEY want!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well said! We need to find that positivity within ourselves and bring it here, to ATS. Even the awful, horrible events such as the oil spill. Collectively, we can find solutions. Stay focused on the future, the future you want and the one you want for your children and grandchildren.
All this negativity is self-defeating and will turn into a closed loop circuit. If you find it all too overwhelming go do the things you love, with the people you love. Then you can come back with the right mindset to take on a new day, full of bad news.
It's always darkest before the dawn.
Focus on the day ahead.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Friends,

Over the 12 months I have noticed, as have many other users, a new trend slowly taking over. It is something that it is no way restricted to ATS, it has become a symptom of modern life, but acting as a microcosm for modern life ATS is a great example.

It has become a cancer. The loud voices are getting louder, the quiet ones just stare out at the stars and shake their head in disappointment.

So what is it? It is exactly what 'they', The Powers That Be, want it to be. And it is going to plan. Quite possibly it is 'their' biggest, most successful endeavor ever - and most of us are totally falling for it.

Look around guys. You can see it for yourself!

Analyzing the "Recent Post' page provides an interesting insight into it.

Of approximately 60 posts:

- 20 focused on Government/Politics/Financial Meltdown
- 10 focused on Israel/War
- 5 focused on Gulf Oil spill
- the remaining 25 were mixed

That's astounding! 35/60!! Over HALF of our recent posts focused on negative current events. Add to that 6/6 'Hot Topics' and 6/7 'Most Flagged Topics' - all negative current events!

So here's the point...

We are focusing on everything the machine wants us to. It is almost as if we are CRAVING that negativity. Almost as if we are feeding off of it. Almost as if we are ADDICTED to it..... Think about that, really think about that.

Yes, I know that we discuss current events and currently there are many negative events. I totally get that, but I'm going deeper here.

As a collective we now NEED to pull together and as a whole say NO MORE to the negativity thrown right in our faces 24/7.

**There is something else you can do - love, live, be happy.**

There are forces at work who want us, no, NEED us, to focus on the negativity. Why do you think there is so much of it? We keep feeding it and the beast grows fatter!

Please ATS, it is time we LEAD by example. It is time we look for the good in life and stop dwelling on the negative. Stop ridiculing people. Stop thinking how superior you are. Stop thinking you know better than everyone else. Stop thinking with your ego.

I know it is hard. No-one ever said it wasn't. But if we don't make an effort to change the way we think and the energy we put out, who knows what horrible world we could create. We have the CHOICE to live and create how we want. We CAN choose negativity, but surely there is a better way.

If we don't at least try to change the way we think, act, live, then 'they' win the battle. It is as simple as that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by srsen]

Its posts like this that make me sad for ATS.

You compare "before and after" without giving the statistics of "before". Then when I come into the thread I sound like the negative one.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I see your point and disagree 100%. IT has nothing to do with anything.
To me it's like taking all the negative crap that is going on and saying
it's our fault for thinking that way. Spun ducky woo woo.

I can promise you this, the only thing that will happen, is what is supposed to happen. Anything else is mumbo jumbo.The future is no different from the past, it's written in stone.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

"They" refers to modern aristocracy...bankers, business giants, governing bodies, etc. that are in a position to control the flow of money and the creation of laws. Pretty simple really. Pretty self evident. Those in positions of power and wealth often scratch each others backs in order to preserve that power and wealth.

There have always been rulers of men and those they rule over. It's no mystery. I believe, at some, level, there is a focused, concerted agenda. It just happens that this round is global, due to increased efficiency in technology. Maybe they break into occasional, evil laughter... or not. They are just people, like us, with a ton of money and influence and a network of the same for protection. Eventually they will lose it, like every heirarchy in history has managed to do and will be replaced by another waiting in the wings.

Check out the latest Bilderburgermeister conference for a detailed list of some of the players and a peek at their agenda. This stuff is real. Some of the players are responsible for some pretty fundamental technologies and needs... microsoft, facebook, oil, pharmaceuticals, media, communication, even food, water and air. Pretty connected bunch.

Nothing new under the sun though...
The penduulum will eventually swing back.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

What pray (prey?) tell are you talking about??

Sorry. No time to hear your answer. Gotta get fleeced now then it's off to the slaughter house!

Baaaaaaah.

PS. You are absolutely right!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wrong! We are focused on things that matter for a change instead of Bigfoot, crystal skulls, Stargates, Nibiru. This site used to be all about that stuff and the establishment loved it because it was harmless and useless and nonthreatening.

But now we talk about serious topics and REAL truth and we are exposing the evils daily. It isn't about being negative it about escaping thier version of reality. No one watches mainstream media anymore it is dieing and because it was their principal weapon in the infowar they are panicking.

This truth isn't depressing it is thrilling and exciting to expose truth. Sure it is sad but when we see the latest Bilderberg attendee list doesn't have a Rockefeller or a Rothshild rep on the list when there always is then we know they are becoming scared to go to these events. The more we can disrupt their communication the more we frustrate them and that is awesome!

I'm convinced that the only reason we haven't seen another 9/11 style false flag is because they know that there are operatives for truth everywhere and plenty of outlets for whistle blowers to send info. Camera phones everywhere let's see them try it lol.

Of course they will infiltrate sites like this and make threads about how we are "doing what they want" by following this stuff lol. Very clever but it won't work. The cat is out of the bag and there is no way we are going back to talking about Bigfoot.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by PapaKrok

I think Prime Minister Chamberlain would agree with your approach to all the trouble in the world. He had a similar feeling when he returned from his meeting with Adolph Hitler and holding up a signed treaty said, "We have peace in our time..."

I hate to say this but its closer to reality to believe that indeed the "sky is falling" and its a prudent man who sees what is coming and prepares for it.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Rockstrongo37]

I am prepared, but I don't sit around freaking out about it like a poodle in a thunderstorm. I keep myself fit and debt free. I have provisions and a plan of action. I monitor the world constantly through various sources, right, left , anarchist, gay , straight, conspiracy... most of what I see is slanted in the direction it promotes and the truth lies somewhere in the average.

No, the sky is not falling out there, maybe here on ATS it is...

We are in the middle of a significant regime change, for sure, but I don't think peace is imminent. On the contrary, I think the system is about to crash. BUT the system is a construct. It isn't real. It is being supported by images and faity dust and our own fears and emotions. It is supported by enforced imbalances and chaos...

Sit and observe for a bit. Take a media fast for a week or two and you will see for yourself. Something is changing, but many people are chosing to deal with it in very positive ways on a basic communal level. Things will be alright after a season. We, humanity, has been caught in this cycle since the beginning and we have always managed to survive it collectively...

Change and chaos is the natural order in everything. Our fragile human social systems are no exception...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

I just joined for one reason - to support the direction indicated possible for this site as stated by the posts of silent thunder and this person here, I am replying to. I love you all, all who read this. I love you.

And respect the work you are all doing here, which is an indespensable puzzle-piece to awakening here and now. We need to know what's going on - and that's why I was dropping by every few days, to stay "informed".

For at least half a year now.

But I didn't join, rather thought of not visiting anymore - exactly because of the reasons stated in this thread.

We are creating our reality. Let's make it a good one.

I am here now to co-create with all of you, who I deeply honor for being here.

Love and Gratitude,

hearttissue

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
S&F for the OP of course. However, for the most part your argument will fall on deaf ears friend. Many will listen, yes, but fall back into the same "If it bleeds it leads" spectator mindset in which you all find yourself thriving on negativity.

We are not unified enough to live the way you suggest, even with ATS. Flags, status and eliciting emotional responses are what matter most as only the most ridiculous and emotional topics, stories and subjects call to real debate and attention do they not? This is what they want and it is working on our world. Unfortunately the comfort involved and the barrage of media keeps closed minds from opening or staying permanently open. Only those that will give up comfort for truth can permanently change.

It is what it is and even though my approach seems nihilistic, it is true.

The change you are asking for WILL NOT happen until something forces us into it, it is what it is.

However, I commend you for being one other person that currently notices such our state of mind, for now that is... Ever notice the cycle or rants that seed ATS, the pattern that occurs? It's pretty petty and vicious all in one.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A NEW EDEN WILL BE CRAFTED OUT OF OUR BILLIONS OF LIGHT BODIES, FEAR NOTHING ESPECIALLY THE COMING OF DAWNS FIRST LIGHT.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Are you being negative ?,are you depressed ? do you feel you're alone ??? Well....that dosent look good !

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

We are all walking our own green mile.

They are killing us with our own love.

We desire peace - they use force.

We are willing to give - they take with force.

We want to to play fair - they are corrupt.

We try to demonstrate peacefully - they send out their army.

They are killing us with our own love.

Same happened to Jesus.

Fight evil with love but be ready to die. The meek shall inherit the earth.

This life will pass. This earth cycle is only a blink of the eye in the eternal time line.

Peace will come. Darkness will pass and the Son will rise at the appointed time.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Hell yeeeah ! Truthseekers we are before anything. Good to see you
beef cake. Been awhile.

The message is pretty vague but the name of the band is a hint.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

It's not so much of craving negativity that I want, it's just that I'm waiting for the day things just tip over and we're forced to start over. That seems to be the only way things would get better on this planet.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree that many of us, ATS users and alike, are more prone to negativity towards todays issues. BUT, aren't most people blissfully unaware of the negative things in life? They may have personal drama they act out on a daily basis but we ATS folk tend to take on bigger issues than just ourselves and our immediate surroundings. Most people do not pay attention to the real negative things in our society, only the positive.

Most people are worried about football, the next American Idol or their kids soccer game. Their negativity is misplaced and irrellevant. If we could get the sheep to focus their negativity in the right places, and people like ATS users to focus our positivity onto other things, this world would be much better.

So I do not think that we are TOO negative. I just think we need to compromise and re-focus. The negative people are the "ying" to the oblivious' "yang". But we must find that middle ground.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the LOVE we choose to give
is the LOVE we choose to receive
to find LOVE in the world we all will feel LOVE in our heart~

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the LOVE we choose to give
is the LOVE we choose to receive
to find LOVE in the world we all will feel LOVE in our heart~

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
(raises hand)

I have a question...

How come when people on a site that predominately has nothing but bad news, interject their opinions on one side or the other of a divisive issue that they have strong feelings about, they're doing nothing but what TPTB/ The NWO/ The Illuminati/ The Bilderbergs want us to do? As though we should somehow be above it all and not pick a side, thusly rendering our membership on this site redundant and pointless?

It's very easy kids, if this place is dragging you down, unplug for a little while... go fishing, go for a hike, spend time with the fam... but don't insult me by suggesting that I'm somehow a puppet because I think BP should pay dearly for what they've done, or that we should have stronger border security in the southwest.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have no problem with negativity. you guys have done a very good job so far, stubbornly, i dont have to ask if we're right to act like so. If you feel that ppl posts is making opinions changing course im sorry i've arrived here only afew weeks ago. I may be accused of trolling but that'll change, im no one's puppet.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I understand what your saying but these threads will never go away. So all you can do is choose to not read them. Which is what I do most time. But on the other hand some of this stuff is really important to know, and , yeah we cant really just ignore it because its bad or it makes us feel bad. Thats just life and horrible things happen everyday. So we have to take the good with the bad. And see both spectrums. Because good things happen everyday also.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join