It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up!! You are doing EXACTLY what is expected of you! Exactly what THEY want!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Cool thread.

Is it more important to "Deny Ignorance" than it is to Become Wise ? - I think not.

Its important to be aware of the negatives - and work through the positive - rather than be disempowered by the negative - or to facilitate the continuance of fear.

/0.02

Become wise to the broader picture, by not falling deeper into the dream. Many are in a slumber and those who think they are "waking-up" by uncovering the malicious trails of those-whom-rule behind the scenes are only falling ever so deeper in the slumber that they hoped to vivify from in the first place.

A person worrying about the problems of the illusion only attach themselves ever so closer to this illusion.

Agreed.

[edit on 10/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I added to something my previous post that may be too far off topic but I feel, personally, that it is a powerful metaphorical reading pertaining to the topic at hand.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by 11118]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I guess I'm just taking the realistic view. We can't please everyone. Someone is going to be mad, hurt, negative or indifferent. Then the media will pick up on it and spread it like it's everyone. Until we face universal adversity then nothing can change. Our whole way of life is based on class. The upper crust can't exist without the crumbs. And the crumbs are just happy to be crumbs. They love their guns and religion. That's all they care about. Who wouldn't get mad if they said, "we're gonna take away your guns?" And by it's very nature guns are negative. Designed to extinguish life. Not too many people hunt for food anymore. They hunt for the thrill.

Once the spill is cleaned up we will simply go back to our humdrum existence. Our focus doesn't extend past our next meal on most days.

We need something, anything, to bring this world together. That's why I say a manned mission to Mars for a true fact finding is the only way. I guess an asteroid hurtling our way would work also but I'm not looking forward to any scenario like that.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Oh, I see!

The OP would have us to ignore anything "negative". We should bury our heads in the sand, so-to-speak, when we hear "negative" news and only "focus" on the possitive...Huh?

Brilliant

Someone used a lot of "brain-power" comming up with that creedo.

Listen folks, focus on "rea;ity" not some mumbo-jombo new-age crap, passed down by a would-be psyco babble expert. Clearity of ALL info (negative or positive) passed on to the mind, trumps cultic games every time.

Follow the OP's advise and accept the NWO and TPTB as your "friend". You'll "feel" great, but you will be just as enslaved, in the end!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Theres a difference between being aware of what is happening, and feeding into it. ie, how about seeing the positive that can be done to counteract it.

Are you able to make that distinction? - or are you another one of the 85% of people stuck in binary thought processes?

[edit on 11/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well, you've got a great message, and for that I commend you.

Although, I do have some notes:
1. In order to have made this thread, you actually had to go through and count the number of negative threads in order to convey your point.
2. I can't help but to think that you might have looked in a few of these negative threads yourself while silently judging others for being there. (hence, the shaking your head silently at the sky thing)
3. Some of these threads are there to help spread consciousness, not just entertain negativity.
4. Sometimes its healthy to know about the things that are going on around you, because when the proverbial S#it hits the fan, you don't want to claim ignorance because you weren't informed when you had the chance. That's what 90% of the American public does on a daily basis which is the reason why we find ourselves in many of the political predicaments that we are in. Besides, how will ignorance help you in a survival of the fittest scenario???
5. You say that the government or the Powers that Be wants us to focus on these particular events. I would actually wage a bet to say that they much prefer the robotic nature of apathy which is the reason why they cater a fast food culture to its citizens. They bet on the fact that most people really don't give a damn and will sit on the sidelines and let them run the show. So far...so good. If the government doesn't have a reason to improve their way of politics because of a lazy general public who lacks the fortitude to do anything, then they will continue their onslaught of greed and war until there's nothing left to take.

So...Personally, I think it might be healthy to remain engaged and try to spread information that is pertinent, even if its negative, to as many listeners as you can possibly reach.

Don't get me wrong though, everyone needs to eventually unplug and take a break. Nontheless, that was a pretty decent attempt at a positive thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Theres a difference between being aware of what is happening, and feeding into it. ie, how about seeing the positive that can be done to counteract it.

Are you able to make that distinction? - or are you another one of the 85% of people stuck in binary thought processes?

Nope.

Just clarity of thought.

One should not attempt to "mix" input and output. Your input should be factual data. The output will thus be based on reason, not touchy-feely manipulation by a third party, It is called personal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
eat # and die. I will be removed from ATS because of my opinion. YOUR OPINION SUCKS ASS! I joined ATS because when you visit as a non-member it is interesting and post's are only shown from contributing members that actually research and read then relay info to us on what it is they researched. Now I come to ATS and I find nothing but assholes like myself typing jibberish and bull# without source or credit's, [ATS HAS TURNED INTO YOUTUBE].

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The problem with our mass media is not that they constantly talk about the negative. Their problem is that they end their discussions there, leaving it to us to dig further to discover the true cause of the problems and dig even further ourselves to attempt to discover the solutions to these negatives. We therefore must discuss the negatives again in order to even begin to start where the mass media has purposefully left off.

We do not know the truth about what is going on in government and business. We are left to our own devices to discover, expose, and solve the largest coverups and scandals ever conceived. This is why we always begin with the red flag. It is not that we wish to remain there, it is simply that we must always begin there when confronting the evils of this world.

It is true that the positives are always forgotten in times of trouble. It would be wise to promote far and wide what is good and noble in each other in these times. But let us not forget, that our focus in this time must be discovery of the negative truths of life and solving many problems. For it is precisely because we have failed in this task that we are in such a deplorable condition as a nation.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

One should not attempt to "mix" input and output. Your input should be factual data. The output will thus be based on reason, not touchy-feely manipulation by a third party, It is called personal responsibility.

I don't follow your logic.

Input creates output - and - output creates input. The two are inextricably linked. My intention was never to suggest that one should "mix" (whatever that means?) the two, only to suggest a consciously empowering response and reaction (output) to a negative input. Rather than an oversimplified reactionary and binary response - which here on ATS is overwhelmingly on the negatively connotative side (ie, seeing and talking about problems, seldom promoting solutions)- and thus disempowering and not enabling change.

And what is this "touchy-feely manipulation by a third party" you speak of? I would like some clarification.

Personal responsibility is king, but a persons beliefs aren't perfect just because they have them. Would you suggest being a racist is being personally responsible? - Or are you going to counter that its "nobody elses business" ? - All I'm trying to say to this point, is nobody is finished learning.

This could be an interesting dialogue, I would be pleased if this were to continue... Your turn.

ETA:
I'll get back tomz, I'm off to what The Daily Show.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
A great piece of literature, fictional or not:

Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

Side note: The above paragraph pertains to a life without forgetting knowledge before that life...Moving on -

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin—and we stress begin—to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love, can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit being-ness totality.

-Ra

Source: lawofone.info...
[edit on 10-6-2010 by 11118]

I love this passage! Indeed the whole series - thank you for posting

Much wisdom can be found in the Law of One series. Highly recommended.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

"...nobody is finished learning." Agreed! Learning though, is a seperate thing to decission-making. Learnig includes all of life, experience and knowledge-building research. Learning is where one would be advised to include the positive attributes of social inclusion and moral considerations. The input/output can then be left to meerly process data.

In answer to your inquiry, "touchy-feely" is indicative of new-age thought which attempts to manipulate the outcome of a thought process by some pre-determined "goal" seeking a specified outcome. It is dishonest at it's core, even if it appears on-the-surface to be admirable in it's results.

This works for me. To each his own. Hope my thoughts help. Regardless, I wish you well in addressing the troubled times we all face.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm sooo sorry... But is this a personal opinion? Yeah, You just showed more ignorance then I did complaining about this post.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Speaking of being negative, What do you think saying "Wake up!!" implies to the rest of us here? That we're ignorant for not seeing it. In this process to spread a message, you are using the same tools you speak against.

I don't necessarily believe that negativity "feeds the beast" (what beast?), but I will say that staying on ATS for several days is very draining just like watching all the awful news on TV (we all know) is draining, with its broadcasts of killings, etc. But for me, the draining part about ATS is not necessarily the news, it's the interactions between some members: arguing, name calling, yelling in ALL CAPS to make a point, and more arguing.

Take the UFO posts where people post a thread with something like "I think it might be a UFO." Then someone else says "No, I've seen this before. It's a fake." Then the OP says "Where is the proof?" ... these two people go back and forth. And it happens with multiple pairs.

It's such a strain to try to keep up with the posts beyond the first page because so many people don't know how to behave.

Wouldn't it be nice to the number of posts a user can contribute to a thread? Let the OP have more, since they started it. Then, give others less. (Let staff and forum moderators decide, with their familiarity of trends they see.)

End to bickering, arguing, !!!!!, ALL CAPS, and childish-ness.

As far as not being so negative. I find that limiting yourself to the top threads of the week might be good. (plus top of 90 in case you miss, etc) But as far as getting news from ATS every day, I really is so generally bad news with users sometimes adding their negative cynical opinionated spin on it. You know, that's really tiring.

I like ATS, but I'll take it in moderation and without the drama!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Here's one big fat heaping of loaded kudos

It's reassuring to know we are not all blind. Thank you for this piece of positive advice among a sea of swirling negativity.

People often forget brainwashing isn't as obvious as they make it out to be in popular culture. It does happen, and it is far too simply to get sucked into the loop they want you in. Let's all make a commitment to be a little more positive here.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

"...nobody is finished learning." Agreed! Learning though, is a seperate thing to decission-making. Learnig includes all of life, experience and knowledge-building research. Learning is where one would be advised to include the positive attributes of social inclusion and moral considerations. The input/output can then be left to meerly process data.

Learning precedes decision making - how can you make an educated decision without the education. Education comes from learning, as you put it "... includes all of life, experience and knowledge-building research. Learning is where one would be advised to include the positive attributes of social inclusion and moral considerations." - Well is not receiving advice considered "knowledge-building" - The "research" may be anothers, but isn't that one of the defining traits of the human species? Our ability to transcend the generation before us - due entirely to the accumulation of "research" millions have done before us.

To each his own - this is all I wish to add for now.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Blah. This is ridiculous. Try this instead:

ATS: Dont bury your head in sand... Eliminate Elected Officials instead!

We need to focus on solutions everyone, not puppy dogs and unicorns!

You ought to appreciate that link ghostsoldier. Oh, and I replied to your Dystopian Films thread again the other day.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Hey there Hot Wings... I liked your comment about the media... They absolutely focus on the negative; it's all down to our human condition at the end of the day; I specifically attribute it to our fear of death. As an example, we all have a thinly-disguised, morbid fascination when we see a car pile-up - we slow down instinctively and rubber-neck, often not realising we're doing it. It's as if the very act of witnessing death will somehow relieve us of the tensions associated with its mysteries...

Some of us are better at hiding it than others, but we all tend to have this inbuilt fear/ fascination thing going on. The media know that, and capitalise on it. Bad News travels fast, my mother used to say. I agree with the ATS'ers on this thread who have made comments along the lines of:

a) We must make an effort to deny ignorance. 'Ignorance is Bliss' is a fallacy, despite the accurate nature of the general idea being touted. Awakening from ignorance is crucial, if we are to be prepared for 'any and all' eventualities, including the ultimate finality - death. It comes to us all, and we have minimal control over when and how.

b) We must try to spread the awareness we glean to others, in whatever measure we can manage (without becoming deluded pariahs if at all possible).

c) We must take time to enjoy life, and to encourage the enjoyment of life.

d) If we are held accountable for our actions and outlook, perhaps at some form of 'judgment' at the end of our lives, wouldn't you rather have - at least - made the attempt to assist those around you in positive ways..? My guess is that we would be measured by our motive and intentions, cross-referenced against the means we had at our disposal, obstacles etc.

The idea mentioned in d) holds true - regardless of any religious belief you may or may not have - as it also comes down to legacy; the mark you leave on the world, your family name etc... We can all reach people around us - we should seek to enrich the lives of those we come into contact with, in whatever form that contact takes. Includes here on ATS...!

Best wishes all - and don't be suckered by anyone.

Noah

[edit on 12-6-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

[edit on 12-6-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
NB I tried to edit my post twice, to adjust the sentence relating to 'Ignorance is Bliss' as I realised it was poorly phrased. Edit function didn't work, so here's the relevant edited section of that sentence:

"Ignorance is Bliss" is only accurate until the SHTF.

Noah.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Please ATS, it is time we LEAD by example. It is time we look for the good in life and stop dwelling on the negative. Stop ridiculing people. Stop thinking how superior you are. Stop thinking you know better than everyone else. Stop thinking with your ego.

I know it is hard. No-one ever said it wasn't. But if we don't make an effort to change the way we think and the energy we put out, who knows what horrible world we could create. We have the CHOICE to live and create how we want. We CAN choose negativity, but surely there is a better way.

If we don't at least try to change the way we think, act, live, then 'they' win the battle. It is as simple as that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by srsen]

That is a brilliant point made. I for one have begun doing this myself.

My passion in life has become being an active member in bringing about what I believe is humanity's only hope. Its now or never frankly.

The idea is not of my own, but rather one that resonates with me more than anything I have ever encountered before. To read about it please check out my signature.

After all Ghandi said "You must be the change you want to see in the world!"

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join