Wake up!! You are doing EXACTLY what is expected of you! Exactly what THEY want!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+135 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Friends,

Over the 12 months I have noticed, as have many other users, a new trend slowly taking over. It is something that it is no way restricted to ATS, it has become a symptom of modern life, but acting as a microcosm for modern life ATS is a great example.

It has become a cancer. The loud voices are getting louder, the quiet ones just stare out at the stars and shake their head in disappointment.

So what is it? It is exactly what 'they', The Powers That Be, want it to be. And it is going to plan. Quite possibly it is 'their' biggest, most successful endeavor ever - and most of us are totally falling for it.

Look around guys. You can see it for yourself!

Analyzing the "Recent Post' page provides an interesting insight into it.

Of approximately 60 posts:

- 20 focused on Government/Politics/Financial Meltdown
- 10 focused on Israel/War
- 5 focused on Gulf Oil spill
- the remaining 25 were mixed

That's astounding! 35/60!! Over HALF of our recent posts focused on negative current events. Add to that 6/6 'Hot Topics' and 6/7 'Most Flagged Topics' - all negative current events!

So here's the point...

We are focusing on everything the machine wants us to. It is almost as if we are CRAVING that negativity. Almost as if we are feeding off of it. Almost as if we are ADDICTED to it..... Think about that, really think about that.

Yes, I know that we discuss current events and currently there are many negative events. I totally get that, but I'm going deeper here.

As a collective we now NEED to pull together and as a whole say NO MORE to the negativity thrown right in our faces 24/7.

**There is something else you can do - love, live, be happy.**

There are forces at work who want us, no, NEED us, to focus on the negativity. Why do you think there is so much of it? We keep feeding it and the beast grows fatter!

Please ATS, it is time we LEAD by example. It is time we look for the good in life and stop dwelling on the negative. Stop ridiculing people. Stop thinking how superior you are. Stop thinking you know better than everyone else. Stop thinking with your ego.

I know it is hard. No-one ever said it wasn't. But if we don't make an effort to change the way we think and the energy we put out, who knows what horrible world we could create. We have the CHOICE to live and create how we want. We CAN choose negativity, but surely there is a better way.

If we don't at least try to change the way we think, act, live, then 'they' win the battle. It is as simple as that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by srsen]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey my friend.

You are so right mate. All the negative energy whe put out isn't making any change we need so bad. Be the change you wanna see, not mine but i like the fraise.

Can't ATS make a sub-forum only for the positive news and information?

I think that would be great, and i hope more people do.

Excellent post really fantastic!!

Peace and loves. Vincent

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Hey mate, was hoping to see you here haha..

A forum for only the positive? Interesting. The only prob would be that hardly anyone would read it given the bulk of posts around here lately. I dont think it would go too well lol.

The problem as I see it is that while everyone is TOTALLY entitled to their opinions and viewpoints, i think it is more than time for us to try and make a concerted effort to avoid at least SOME of the negativity.

We have to at least try....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So what can we do to make the change?

Instead of being drowned in oil spill depression or betting on when World War 3 will break out, take your dog for a walk, find beauty in a weed in your garden, get some mates round and get smashed!

It doesn't have to be hard guys.

Next time you find yourself getting pulled into its web, catch yourself and do something you enjoy, call someone you love, listen to your favourite band!

There are so many ways we can make the change and stop the bad habits we have developed.

It may sound crazy, but this is their game and they are playing us like puppets and as fools. Look around you - they are winning. But we hold the power. WE ARE the gamepieces, throw their rules right back at them and start seeing your world differently.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am sorry sir but I think you are wrong!

People need to focus on events like these or nothing is going to get done in regards to them. I try to bring these topics up with my family, my co-workers and friends I see everyday and occasionally and extended familiy etc, and nobody really knows much or wants to hear about.

Why? Because they all want to focus on more positive things.

They are the ones who are in danger of getting caught up by the TBTP because for them Israel and the oil spill and North Korea are just scary blips at the beginning of the nightly news or on the front page of the paper. They just know that its bad and that its complicated so they don't devote much attention to it for fear of being contaminated with negativity.

These are all big problems and they all need fixing sooner rather than later. Glossing over them because they are negative.

Thinking positive isn't gonna stop the oil coming out of that hole, or the Palestinians and Jews from hating each other.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry if i wasn't clear on this one.

I ment a sub-forum here were we can post only positive news articles.
Discuss it how you like.

Peace and loves Vincent

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe if we forget about the corruption, then it will stop all together...

Come on, man. These crooks need their feet held to the fire. For decades, they (CIA, Corporations, Secret Societies) have been hiding in secrecy so we would never find out what exactly they are doing. It seems like they WANT us to look the other way all while they scam and rip off people around the world.

People are FINALLY opening their eyes, and it's about damn time.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey, it makes sense if you think about it. Everyone is focused on all the bad things happening in this world. Then all of a sudden, the New World Order comes together stating that all this worldly wrong doing is happening in this world, we can set up a One World Government to run things right, to make important decisions regarding this world and we can prevent things like this from happening..... Then everyone is all excited about the New World Order to finally bring peace into the world of ciaos.... Then when the New World order takes over, booom we are all done for. Think about it......

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
very good- wisdom without the skillful means to control the mind focusing/creating/projecting negativity/chaos is a prison, just as a poisitive mind with no wisdom.
think only good thoughts- we really do create our own reality.
the more we focus on 'world events' the less we work on our own ego. that sucks!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this thread.

The fact is, lots of bad things are happening, and I dare say more so than in the past, and ATS is a great place to raise awareness about these trends. I fear that if the attitude expressed here pervades us, then we will be afraid of spreading the truth for fear of "being too negative". To me, that would be playing right into their hands.

On the other hand, stuff like this can get you into vicious circles. The mass negativity can build on itself, making people dejected and hopeless and less willing to put effort into things, which will only accelerate the collapse.

Ultimately, though, I think the collapse is inevitable, and it's important to raise awareness. Just try not to be too consumed by hate. Understand that what's happening to our civilization is part of a natural cycle. There will be cataclysmic times ahead, but when the dust settles, the survivors will rebuild. Tyrannies always fail. We will see freedom again one day.

So keep it up, keep getting the word out, but stay positive. After all, the absolute worst that can happen is you die sooner than you would have preferred. Is that really a big deal, in the grand scheme of things?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So we must look at the glass as half full, not half-empty. This could cause all the problems to go away, or maybe not. Good idea, hope it works.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
create our own reality?
think only positive?
alice in wonder land

[edit on 9/6/2010 by kbeet]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

You are right on the focus of Americans... bad news and drama has always taken a fever pitch. Unfortunately, ignorring it won't make it go away either. There has to be a plan of action to STOP negative things from happening.

I don't see those plans yet making headlines news. What is your plan of action to get the life changers noticed? Just talking about it isn't going to make it happen. I know for a certainty because I tried reasoning with people to stop the insanity. Insanity and drama are the trend and that is stronger than anything being said to warn people.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
there is only one way
and no other way
babys and kids today. teach them where we went wrong teach them whats right and the next generation may be better. and the generation after that will die out
i ment the generation today by then will be gone
my mastake

[edit on 9/6/2010 by kbeet]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Acknowledging and being aware of the negative events taking place in our world is good. But too much can cause chaos in our lives to some degree. I do have to moderate how much negative info i take in, because i have noticed how i feel after a few hours of reading material that gets the blood boiling. So taking my dog for a walk, or even just going for a drive or hanging with friends is good to cleanse the negativity.

There is no doubt that The Law of Attraction will manifest something negative in your life if you focus too much on the negative, so i believe it is imperative that if one wants to learn and read about negative world events, that they need to do so in moderation and cleanse themselves frequently so they don't bring on any unnecessary BS into their lives.

I also try my best to visualize a peaceful, loving world where there is no more war, no starvation, and humanity has moved to the next level in evolution. I believe it may help as we transition thru these testy times. A previous poster said it best : We need to be the change we want to see!

flagged!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

The topics mentioned by OP are completely drowning out topics that used to be commonplace here at ATS. Maybe the MSM is replaying this # so much that it's actually becoming all that we think about. Perhaps that's what TPTB want. Actually, of course that's what TPTB want.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Out of all the threads I've seen, this one points to the 'truth' more than many others.

You are absofrigginlutely correct.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think the OP was saying "Ignore everything". He was stating that being negative is the wrong response. Generally, I agree with him. Being negative won't solve the problems either.

The real problem here is Ego, just like he said. We as people need to understand that we do not have the right to tell others how to live and think. Unless they are causing actually demonstrable harm then we need to just let them be.

The oil spill stinks, but what is sitting around crying going to do about it? If you are so distressed by it then you need to get up, stop whining and take some real positive action.

Drop the fear and live your life.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I guess to change the universe the charge must begin in the heart, and emanating out to others who feel the love, their hearts will take upon the rythym, and like additive frequencies, the whole of man will begin to vibrate to the energies of the living and the loved rather than the dead and the damned, and in changing first ourselves, we attest to the other men and women, our love, for them.

And then, we rise.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join