It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodoo caused Hurricane Katrina and the Oil Spill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The oil spill was caused by Big money in Washington and BP, as evidenced by the financial transactions which occurred just prior to the spill, the purposefully lack of fail safes and proper inspection, the totally inept dog and pony show called a clean up, the use of a toxic dispersant, the prevention of clean up efforts and proper media reporting.

Katrina it has been shown was made into a disaster by the blown levies, prevention of aid, and by the outright murder of people by police, and by the gun confiscation of home owners, leaving them vulnerable to armed looters which included the police..

If you consider Haarp steering the hurricane as voodoo, the government has been admitting they have been controlling weather to a certain extent in different ways since the 60s, so I guess it is.

So, the government you are saying is voodoo evil?
ya got that right
kabalistic evil.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think your research is invalid. Voodoo was practiced quite extensively in Louisiana. Voodoo was brought to LA via the slave trade and is rooted in African Dahomeyan Vodun blended with Catholocism. It is also different from Haitian Voodoo and HooDoo.

But Voodoo was present in LA 100 years before Marie Laveau.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

A collection of ritualistic dolls from Haiti

Heh. Looks like Slipknot.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To the materialists posting here:

Poverty is caused spiritually. Crooked People are caused spiritually. Bad economy is caused spiritually. Disasters are caused spiritually.

So don't feel sorry for the poor - it's their own fault.

Feel free to continue your conspicuous consumption keep ignoring the downtrodden. It's their own spiritual fault. It would be wrong to interfere.

Everything is caused by energy.

Absolutely. If you take that ONE sentence out of context, you are correct.

Energy

In physics, energy (from the Greek ἐνέργεια - energeia, "activity, operation", from ἐνεργός - energos, "active, working") is a quantity that can be assigned to every particle, object, and system of objects as a consequence of the state of that particle, object or system of objects. Different forms of energy include kinetic, potential, thermal, gravitational, sound, elastic, light, and electromagnetic energy. The forms of energy are often named after a related force. German physicist Hermann von Helmholtz established that all forms of energy are equivalent - energy in one form can disappear but the same amount of energy will appear in another form. Energy is subject to a conservation law. Energy is a scalar physical quantity. In the International System of Units (SI), energy is measured in joules, but in some fields other units such as kilowatt-hours and kilocalories are also used.

Huh. I don't see "spiritual" in that list.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

This is the basic split, the root conflict between the materialist and the spiritual.

So then- explain to me (and everyone else) Why is it that the religious leaders of various religions who are NOT doing the work of their deity, but just living high on the hog end up with few if NO disasters heaped on them, and their misfortunes somehow manages to land on the poor and unfortunate of the respective followers? The people who claim to work for God, Allah, et al- How come this isnt happening more globally and more to ones who actually deserve such a retribution?

Televangelists: How come destruction of this sort has not rained down upon them for their unceasing destruction of the Christian faith- their unbridled greed, misinterpretation of the Bible, the outright lies, slander, and basic theft?

Muslim religious leaders: They treat women worse than animals, have sex with young boys, misread and misinterpret the Quran- meanwhile coming up with laws that no normal person can handle- where's their imminent destruction?

Do I have to even point out the Zionists... they hold the 'Jewish' faith, and what they have done? The lies, manipulation, demands, the fact they have an entire *country* dancing under their thumb, and an entire ethnic group being slowly killed off- and of course, once again, misinterpretation of the Torah.... Where's their destruction?

I just realized- I left out the catholic church- Same as above, PLUS molesting children, plus murder, plus thievery... Again- Where destruction?

So- why is it only Voodoo Practitioners are targeted? hmmm? Methinks something stinks.....

[edit on 9-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a disaster that happens by accident. Materialists dont have a clue. Everything that happens, happens because invisible energies are making it happen.

Voodoo is a simple confidence game. Voodoo plays to the superstitious, illiterate and uneducated. That is why things like Voodoo curses only work on those who believe in Voodoo. They are self fulfilling. In other cases poisons are used. There is nothing mystical or magical about it IMO. Its practitioners play on the placebo effect and the superstitions of the uneducated. Mainly the poor and illiterate are victimized by the Confidence People who run these scams.

As to Haiti, you think earthquakes are caused by Voodoo? I'd recommend some basic reading on geology. There are many good threads here.

The oil disaster is due to equipment failure either from human error on site or in the equipments manufacture. The company wrongly cutting corners to lower costs may have played a part also.

A Voodoo argument will only work with Voodoo's usual victims.

The idea of anyone being sophisticated enough to be sitting in front of a computer and yet profess Voodoo as anything other than the Shaman confidence game in different garb amazes me.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
So they are accidentally sending this negative energy into the universe or is it intentional?

at first accidental, perhaps.
just like many innate talents might be found

then later on, much later, honed, mastered, and directed.

any mage or sorcerer or voodoo practitioner would have to be of a very pure heart with benevolent intentions, unselfish intentions, to be able to successfully wield that degree of power and not have it backfire on one's own backside.

so it would have to come with a great deal of discipline and self-development among several other things that are hard to describe.

i'm sure you know what i mean.

all power, ALL POWER, comes from the one place.
so it all is governed by the same law - which is love.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The karma thing always bothered me too, yes we reap what we sow in certain non metaphysical ways,

but i never understood being punished for something you couldn't remember in a past life,

Then again I know may evil people that have wonderful lives, while the righteous suffer.

Obviously bullies rule even on the forum, the biggest bully on the forum gets the most stars sometimes, go figure.

[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

This is definitely a subject that needs to be brought out into the open.

The force that fuels Voodoo is the ultimate evil. That force manifests its self in individual people. Larger groups have more power - there is a synergy effect.

That force also manifests its self in governments, corporations, secret societies, cults, etc. That force manifests its self in the physical realm. But that force works through individuals within these groups.

There are manifestations of evil and good - these are products of spiritual energy.

There are blessings.
There are curses.

The force is the source.
The force is the fuel.

We burn fuel in our spirit engine - it is the same engine that gives you motion.

Our engines create the product.
Some people produce peace.
Some people produce destruction.

Two different fuels.

Here's a little secret. Love is high-octane.

God is Love.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

would have to be of a very pure heart with

I was thinking that myself, intent, pure intent, since I do healing work, I wouldn't do it when I am having a bad day, lol, that's just my theory.

You know what I mean, I like it when my mind is free from thought and emotion.

There is a certain mindset where doubt doesn't enter in, I don't know how it explain it with words.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

yes, i do know what you mean - exactly!

i think it is the law.
as in principle, not rule

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Any negative energy can contribute to the turbulence in the sea of emotions we all live in which can effect the weather and environment. Also using ritual magic can give it a bit more kick especially when it is used in a negative manner as Voodo often is.

I doubt it is the sole cause but certainly would contribute and perhaps could have been the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think whenever guilt is used or fear, it is nothing more than a vehicle to empty others wallets in some way. So called "Houngans" and "Mambos" are likely very adept at using things like disasters to empty peoples wallets or cupboards.

I see Voodoo as being like the "Fire and Brimstone" Preachers; the only true goal is the use of fear to keep those nickels and dimes steadily flowing in. Times like these are like Christmas for those who prey on the vulnerable.

In the case of the oil spill the government has taken the same low road. They are using an accident to political advantage while I'm sure Spiritualist of all kinds are preying on the victims while they are still in shock and vulnerable.

There are those who are honestly going about the business of helping people. Good people, but I don't count the fakes, like those into Voodoo among the Good people.

What the people of Haiti need is better education and an honest government and then Voodoo will crawl into the shadows where it belongs.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

...I just thought I would point out that your signature applies to the discussion here.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yes it does in fact
I often look to King's words. Brilliant man.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know if people who go into violent fits are possessed or if they used drugs before which makes them opened to the drums and atmosphere. However, I doubt these spirits are all that powerful if they need blood and sacrifices to sustain them.

You make the connection of superstitious 'evil' religions CAUSE poverty and disasters and death.

I make the connection that poverty and disasters and death CAUSE people to flee to superstitious 'evil' religions.

Also I don't think animal sacrifice is all that bad. I'd rather be sacrificed in a voodoo ritual than go through the slaughter houses which makes it possible for you to get your meat at your supermarket. Only people that can say animal sacrifice is evil are the Vegans.

As I said, let them do what they want. They aren't hurting anyone. Trust me, if they had the ability to kill anyone at will don't you think slaves would have killed their white masters through voodoo?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Obviously bullies rule even on the forum, the biggest bully on the forum gets the most stars sometimes, go figure.

Be nice ALWAYS screws you in the end. The only people that tell you that when you are nice you attract good things to you are the evil people because they need nice people to take advantage of! Sad but true! Screw spirituality. Where has that ever helped anyone in this world? Most spiritual people are so miserable that they have to meditate and pray and dream up a whole different world opposite of this one to be somewhat happy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
yes let's blame something that doesn't exist instead of those that are really responsible. brilliant idea mate.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The only black magic happening in the Gulf is oil. Camille was a far worse hurricane then Katrina. The reason Katrina did more damage was because a lot of the protective wetlands and shores were sold off to oil companies or developed.

ANd someone built a city below sea level in hurricane alley. Problems are bound to happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
This is definitely a subject that needs to be brought out into the open.

well, it is time

Larger groups have more power - there is a synergy effect.

yes, to a certain extent. but the potency of the convergence is totally dependent upon unity of thought.

in any group larger than two or three, the driving motivation of each member is going to tend toward self more than outwardly toward the mainstream of the group - the goal may remain the same but the reasons for each striving become more about "me" than "we."

when two or three are gathered together in the name of love, the power is far more potent and concentrated!

There are manifestations of evil and good - these are products of spiritual energy.

There are blessings.
There are curses.

The force is the source.
The force is the fuel.

We burn fuel in our spirit engine - it is the same engine that gives you motion.

Our engines create the product.
Some people produce peace.
Some people produce destruction.

i make peace
i create evil

Two different fuels.

just one fuel in one kind of engine - but two directions in which to go!

Here's a little secret. Love is high-octane.

God is Love.

oh yeah...!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join