It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodoo caused Hurricane Katrina and the Oil Spill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
If you havent studied the invisible you wont be able to see this, nor will it make any sense nor will I be able to prove it to you. It would be a waste of time if I tried to.

It cant be shown in materialist terms or with materalist tools or with links or reserach-papers because it requires a different way of looking. Just go and look and study for yourself if you feel inclined to and dont do it if you dont feel inclined to.

?!?!

So, you've studies the invisible? what did it look like? Do you have anything tangible to say?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Researchers of the Occult know that Voodoo deliberately invokes negative energy and when that energy spins out of control it can and does create "natural" disasters. Vodou is not the "peaceful ethnic religion" our ignorant media makes it out to be. It is powerful, it is real and when practiced with bad intention it has devastating effects.

is there ever any true mastery of the negative vortex?

and i'm wondering about the deliberate invoking and direction of negative energy practiced with GOOD intention - and by that i mean toward others - wanting to improve the way for those who have it hard - to even out the edge a little for those who suffer.

not doing it out of just plain rage or resentment or a grudge or petty anger...
doing it out of love.

harnessing the darkness for the benefit of others.

do you know about anything like that? have you heard of anyone practicing in that manner instead of the usual way guaranteed detrimental effects?

what about the Queen Marie Laveau? it seems to me that i have heard she is a good soul and not evil. and i don't mean from the view of the outsider but in the eyes of her own people?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Some things are invisible to the eye. Many only study whats in front of their nose. Some - a rare few - are interested in whats beyond that.

I realize how earth-shattering it must be to find out there is more to the world than meets the naked eye.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Certainly not all forms and types of voodoo are detrimental. Have a good intention and good comes back, have a bad intention and bad comes back, Im sure you'd agree.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How interesting. A poster who loves claiming the Israelis are God’s chosen people and thus immune to judgment for crimes against humanity, is now telling us that a British Corporation, operating in the middle of a vast ocean, that has unleashed a ecological disaster upon MULTIPLE states within the union of the United States, and quite likely Mexico and Cuba and other Bahamian and Caribbean Isles was all because the same said God doesn’t appreciate people practicing Voodoo on dry land, in one city, of one of those states, out of the multitude of countries and states that are going to be affected.

Of course let’s forget the fact that you are promoting the notion of an all powerful, vengeful deity for the sake of your primary posting focus Israel and it’s concepts of God it doesn’t even follow itself. Since the Hebrew Testaments clearly state only the Hebrew Messiah can repopulate Israel by leading the Jews of the world there.

Let’s not forget either of course that you live in the UK the home of the incompetent British corporation that unleashed this accident that is going to bring so much suffering and loss to so many, in many states throughout America and nations throughout the Caribbean.

I would prefer just to focus on the incredible lack of compassion and cruel reliance on superstition that the post relies on, that is of course, no different than voodoo it self is.

The Israeli Internet Defense Force has hit a new low in propaganda!

[edit on 9/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
How interesting. A poster who loves claiming the Israelis are God’s chosen people and thus immune to judgment for crimes against humanity,

wtf...

Bizzare. What gives?

You wont be able to show the readers where I said this, because I never did - ever. Neither would I say it.

That makes you vulnerable because it exposes you as the liar you are accusing me of being.

So where does this attack really come from?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by queenannie38

Certainly not all forms and types of voodoo are detrimental. Have a good intention and good comes back, have a bad intention and bad comes back, Im sure you'd agree.

yes
i do

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Members posting histories speak for themselves.

Proto has said all he has to say in regards to this perverse machination in opportunism that exploits the suffering of untold millions that has yet to even be fully realized for the sake of promoting a distorted concept of God.

It is obvious you are planting seeds for the superstitious masses, as a fundamental and rudimentary concept to enforce unsubstantiated perspectives, for long term political gain, for the one entity that is best suited to capitalize on it. That entity being the nation of Israel, who’s arguments often rely on proclaiming that they and they alone enjoy some greater benefit and knowledge of God than any other nation, and should never be held to account by their fellow human beings as a result.

What indeed.

It is morally repugnant and hideously cruel to suggest that this disaster had anything to do with the premise of your opening piece. It is simply the promotion of superstition to cause fear, shift blame, and provide future defenses for other repugnant and hideous actions along the same line of unsubstantiated and purely wishful thinking.

Proto denounces this practice!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Nope, not sufficient.

In the Terms and Conditions of this site it says:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

I expect your aplogy toward the readers and the site for off-topic and dishonest posting.

Or you provide the post where I said that Jews are Gods chosen people and should not be subject to the law.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Nope, not sufficient.

In the Terms and Conditions of this site it says:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Ok, fair play. Could you please provide proof that the oil spill, Katrina, and the earthquake were caused by Voodoo?

I've asked you several times, and I think your thread title alone is misleading.

You have yet to prove what you say is true.

Oh yeah, but all the reaserchers work is INVISIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Pot, meet kettle!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Who said anything about God?

Said the person talking about "demons", "spirits", and giving the similar religious-based claims regarding Haiti and Hurricane Katrina made by Pat Robertson a run for their money.

Its okay don't worry about providing facts just keep posting pictures of baby dolls, people standing in floods, wide-eyed children, and old figurines as evidence that third-world religious practices are a threat to the entire world.

You have a solid case there with the whole, "It's an Invisible Thing, You Wouldn't Understand".

That or this is some sort of test you're conducting here at ATS to prove a point.
Which is more likely than someone believing the nonsense in the opening post.

Good luck with that,

- Lee

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I must admit, the notion that this thread has anything to do with Israel is even more bizzare than my own opening post.

Id also be interested in how you know I live in the UK because I have never mentioned where I live.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sorry but this is all straight up superstitious nonsense.

Show me any solid evidence whatsoever that voodoo or dark energy can cause an earthquake and I will eat my shoe.

Edit to add- this is along the same lines of a theory another solid critical thinker came forth with right after the quake hit Haiti.....his name was Pat Robertson. Ever heard of him?

The same man who said 9/11 happened because Americans legalized gay marriage

[edit on 9-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Perhaps there are supernatural forces which occasionally govern what happens to us. Who knows?

If so, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with voodoo, hoodoo, or little dolls.

Voodoo is psychological warfare, a little "mind game".

Can you site a hundred cases where it has "worked"? Of course. It works at times, and here is why:

1. You must first have a victim who believes in "voodoo".
2. You must somehow inform the victim he is being "hoodooed". You can create a hundred little spells and dolls, but if the victim doesn't know it, it doesn't work. (Wonder why that is?)

That's all it takes. The victims take over, and does everything else to/by themselves. They are sometimes driven insane, or commit suicide. (By themselves, of course.)

Voodoo is an extremely primitive idea, practiced by primitives groups.

It's a superstition.

When it is discussed in psychiatry, this true example is given:

A very wealthy woman lived in a small town in the south. She was greedy, and hated by the townspeople. They came together and decided to put a "spell" on her.

They waited until one of her servants was shopping for her at the market.
They told among themselves their plan for placing a spell on her employer. They made sure the servant overheard them, so she would return and inform the victim, which of course, she did.

The woman was a believer. When she heard the news she was determined that no spell would be placed on her. She was aware that the so-called "hexers" needed a part of her person, such as fingernail clippings, hair, or excrement.

She began shaving her hair and burning it. She kept her fingernails very short, and burned clippings. She became terrified they would somehow get hold of her excrement, so she started storing her urine in barrels inside her house, along with containers of feces. This went on for several years, until most of the rooms in house were full of the barrels and containers of these substances.

She never left the house in all this time, fearing they would get something of hers. No one from the town was allowed in, so she completely isolated herself.

She soon went completely nuts, insane, and died from what we would now call "failure to thrive".

Did the voodoo work? I guess so. The townspeople sure thought it did, and used it as a threat to get what they wanted in this little town for years after she died.

I can cite multiple other cases where very serious spells were placed on "non-believers", who laughed in the face of it, and there was absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Why? Because there is nothing to it. It's a superstition, plain and simple.
A mindgame for the simple believers.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I must admit, the notion that this thread has anything to do with Israel is even more bizzare than my own opening post.

Id also be interested in how you know I live in the UK because I have never mentioned where I live.

Once again Proto is done here, such inflammatory and baseless topics as the one in question regarding your opening post should be given short shrift.

Once again posting histories speak for themselves.

So you better understand where your arguments become transparent beyond your own posting history, is that the God being evoked to foster these accusations is the God of the Israelites, I assume we are not talking about Apollo or Odin here?

Who is best served by weaving myths and superstitions of the Israelite God? Israelites!

Very simple, now here is what some other people might now want to consider.

Who are the people who practice voodoo, for the most part, extremely poverty stricken descendants of former slaves, with incredibly low per capita income standards and educational standards, because the very same society at the top of wealth and education pyramid promotes these concepts of superstition based on the Israelite God to turn them into beasts of burden and superstitious people who accept there lot in life based on God’s will.

Now the same entities promoting the whole system that has disaffected them in such a way, is going to proclaim everyone is suffering as a result of these very same disaffected people not following the rule of the Israelite’s God’s law.

All of this is rudimentary to understand, the base superstitions and the manipulations and who is best served by it and why.

No apology will be forthcoming.

As will no further explanation.

Once again Proto denounces these practices

[edit on 9/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Sorry but this is all straight up superstitious nonsense.

Relax, its just an idea being put forth like thousands of others every day.

Show me any solid evidence whatsoever that voodoo or dark energy can cause an earthquake and I will eat my shoe.

Show me any bad event that was not preceded by negativity and I´ll eat the shoe you spit out.

....his name was Pat Robertson. Ever heard of him?

Ive heard of him. Who cares? Christians are not the only people intersted in Spiritual Forces. Nor does everyone who believes in these forces also condemn homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Relax, its just an idea being put forth like thousands of others every day.

It's not just an idea, when you title states these disasters were caused by Voodoo. You stated it as fact, not as an idea or opinion.

Show me any bad event that was not preceded by negativity and I´ll eat the shoe you spit out.

Will that be with salt and pepper? A dash of cajun seasoning? Negativity happens everywhere all the time. So does positivity. I lived in Louisiana, not far from New Orleans, and went through Katrina. I can guarantee you that not everyone in the state, or New Orleans was negative at the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Of course the people of New Orleans were not negative. New Orleans is one of the most lively places in the country, that's why it's such a hot tourist spot.

And lets remember the eye of the hurricane didn't even hit Louisiana. They survived the hurricane fine. The levee's breaking is what ruined New Orleans. Human neglect, and human greed in not spending the money to build adequate levees.

Can we predict it will happen again? Sure. The levees are still inadequate, and the government is still unwilling to spend the money on decent levees.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I lived in Louisiana, not far from New Orleans, and went through Katrina. I can guarantee you that not everyone in the state, or New Orleans was negative at the time.

You are not trained to see mass-energy and karmic unfolding of probability.

Train yourself or remain oblivious to the worlds events.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
the energy in N.O. after Katrina has nothing to do with the energy that brought the storm brewing on the shores!

if there was a sentient mind, somewhere in the world, that consciously harnessed negative energy resulting in that hurricane, then that is the part of the equation that has to do with negativity.

being affected by negative energies, regardless of the motivation with which they are stirred, does not necessarily guarantee a negative outcome.

in fact, more often than not....good comes from the suffering and misery that we all experience as humans.

negative energy is not so easily confused with superstition and such when you think about a black hole. or a vacuum. the empty space left briefly in the aftershock of an explosion.

it is the other side of the positive energy - that which emanates as light and heat.

it's as real as can be!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join