It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department's Worst Nightmare

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
I read that as the accused pleading guilty or deciding to have a judge trial rather than a jury trial which is a right of the accused, not that the courts or the government can take away the accused's right to a jury trial.

It's possible, I guess, we were always told that as a civilian we might not be able to have a jury empaneled for us, depending on the project. As military personnel, you're pretty much guaranteed one.

There are projects that No Man Was Meant To Know Of, and I could see it being a tough go to get legal staff and jurors. Not but a few are this sort of thing, though. I'm sure I could blow a nice hole in Sandia's new warhead design and I'd only get 20 years or so.

The Proteus weapon, for something like that, you'd get the 3S treatment and end up sharing a plot of ground with Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

There are projects that No Man Was Meant To Know Of

Hehe, you are talking to someone who believes it is humankind's destiny to evolve into the Q as seen in Star Trek TNG so I'm not sure if I would agree with you there.

I'm sure I could blow a nice hole in Sandia's new warhead design and I'd only get 20 years or so. The Proteus weapon, for something like that, you'd get the 3S treatment and end up sharing a plot of ground with Jimmy Hoffa.

Are you referring to the HAARP particle accelerators or Scaled Composites Proteus or something else?

Are you saying you've worked on warheads at Sandia National Labs?

If not, I could be wrong, but if you have never worked on warhead design or related projects, and yet you think you figured something out about their latest design, discussing it would not subject you to any criminal penalties. The 1st Amendment has been beaten to a bloody pulp but I think it is still alive.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join