It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop rapes woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I completely agree. While I certainly have a great mistrust for cops, Ats has proven to me that there are some decent cops out there. I can think of a handful of cops here on ATS that if they had been offenders partner, this guy wouldn't have even attempted it. I would really like to hear from some of the officers here on ATS on this.
While not all cops are bad, it is a potion that does let those who became a cop for the wrong reasons, get away with stuff that a civilian would never get a way with.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am a Police Officer and all i can say is if my partner would of done this he would of been placed under arrest and handed over to the sate police to investigate it. I have no tolerance for Police Officers letting thier powers go to there heads. We have a policy when we arrest a female we give are mileage when we head to the jail and ending mileage when we get there that way they no we went right to the jail plus are cars are all tracked with gps so they no where we are at all times. I have a camera and audio in the car it is on anytime anyone is in the back going to the jail. Just in case a person would try and say we did something like what happened to this poor women. I'm not one to defend cops but not all of us are bad I do my job with the upmost respect to everyone i come across.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm not getting into the 'all cops are evil' side of this debate, but I think this does illustrate a great point.

The 'always have your partner's back' mentality is very flawed. A cop should be ready and able to stop any crime they see, any time. That this officer's partner didnt attempt to stop it, and didnt report it immediately, is an indictment of our system.

THe partner should be tried as an accessory.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by labzrule

If that was the policy every where, this would have never happened. Kudos to your department.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I am not a LE officer, but my nephew is. He had to undergo rigorous examination to be accepted, including psychological evaluations, and polygraph tests.

People can slip through the cracks in any profession. Law enforcement is no different.

Lets hope the individual who is the subject of this thread, will go from officer ...... to inmate.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
www.redding.com...

Both Goodwin and Benson has been placed on paid administrative leave, pending an internal investigation. Redding Police Chief Peter Hansen said today that Goodwin could face charges of his own for failure to report the rape. “That is the question of the day,” Hansen said. The matter has been forwarded to the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office for review, Hansen said.

It looks like his partner may face charges as well. I for one think he should be held accountable for this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Cops doing their daily routine...
No offence to those (few) who are honest and real.

I hope he get's raped in jail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join