It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop rapes woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

While driving north on Highway 273 toward the jail Benson began talking sexually to the woman and asked her if she knew what men liked. When she didn’t answer he grabbed her hand and put it on his crotch and then tried to push her head there too, the report said. “OK, I’m not doing that,” the woman said she told Benson. Benson and the woman went back into conversation, with him staying focused on sex and her trying to change the topic, the report said she told police. She said Benson turned the car onto Buenaventura Boulevard and pulled off into a gravel lot. He asked the woman if she’d give him oral sex, she said, and she refused. “OK, we’re going to have sex then,” Benson allegedly said. The woman said she responded with pleas to go to jail. “Please just take me to jail, please just take me to jail,” was her reply, she told officers.

www.redding.com...

His partner should have reported it right away, instead of waiting until he was questioned about it 3 days later. At least the police department is taking responsibility and this cop is actually being punished for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Typical police, usually they just murder people for no reason.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
And the other a-hole was complicit because he was told about it and kept it quiet till he was confronted but they say he didn't do anything criminal... Sigh! Sounds to me like this is routine for these scum. Hope they both fry!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Typical cop stuff, especially the partner covering for him.

Cops are just Catholic priests, they protect their own. It's a good bet that he's done this type of thing before. Usually local police departments with poor standards can end up employing many officers like this guy who are too violent and stupid to hide it to be on a real police force.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I read the full report on the link and this really boils my blood... That cop deserves to have his life ended.. He deserves to get a bullet through his skull.. I am at a loss for the words I want to use...maybe an email or letter to this agency with the suggestion they take care of this the old fashioned way and and lynch him to closest tree nearby..

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Why doesn't this officer just do the decent thing and resign, Save dragging his department and fellow "professional" colleagues names through the mud,

I mean from what i make of the alleged crime, There was a deal done and he reneged, But the girl was wise enough to cover herself, leaving DNA evidence on the car tire ..
From WWW. redding.com

"Redding police investigators found semen on the back passenger tire of Benson’s patrol car, Benito said.

Investigators also found tire tread marks matching the car at a turnout along Highway 273 and behind the building where the woman said the assault occurred, he said.

During the investigation the woman also told Redding police that Benson said he and his partner could “fix her test,” referring to her breath tests, and said “she owed him” because he hadn’t impounded her car, saving her $3,000."

Do the decent thing Fella, resign...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This stuff happens so much I am actually suprised it even made the papers or internet. There's been a number of cases in Tampa alone where women who have been arrested have been offered too "be set free" if only they give oral sex or have intercourse with the arresting cop. If the women makes a case and it is true..Usually the charges are dropped on the women and the police "Don't have enough prove" to charge THEIR officer in question...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Originally posted by andy1033

Typical ignorance, make pointless generalizations to justify your emotions.

Fail.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
To be honest I was completely shocked there was even an investigation done, instead of the entire force trying to keep this hush hush or accusing her of lying because she got caught committing a crime. I wonder if his partner will receive any form of punishment for aiding the rape. I think his is almost as guilty because he could have prevented it. Even if he didn't know the girl was going to be forcefully raped he knew that if his partner had sex with her it would still be a crime that would be considered rape.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Me or you and it would be "aiding and abetting"

Another cop is considered good for eventually coming forward during questioning...Stinks...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Just resign??? You really think thats enough???

If it was my daughter!!!! He wouldn't be resigned for long...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes resign, And then face criminal charges of cohering a suspected drink driver (prisoner) Aid and abetting bringing the Redding police department into disrepute. And SUED for the court costs.
Appolz if i did not come across properly vigrom129..

I did not want to come across he "gets off" scott free.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Thanks for that..In Australia there are many probes by the OPI (office of police integraty) but the kicker is, if the officer resigns during the investigation then they can no longer investigate....

Kinda BS huh, and like the US, most cops here are suspended, with full pay, during the investigation...

Dont ya just luvit??

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
horrible.

if you ask me this merits a town uprising.

tax dollars paid for this act.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just send him to prison 6 months, he'll know what rape is all about... Go to prison for hurting/raping a woman or a child your dead meat... now a cop woman raper in prison... dear God... he'd be the qween of the ball....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
well its does say one this cop is in jail (for once) two if convicted could get 11 years .Translation he will be convicted to much evidence to hide on this one but take a plea deal getting 5 years then getting out in 9 months 18 months in prison .
Then have a felony charge and sexly thing that is always for ever on his record . This guy is about to find out just how the other half lives.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by andy1033

Originally posted by andy1033

Typical ignorance, make pointless generalizations to justify your emotions.

Fail.

This is full of win. I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way about these kinds of post. They add no substance to the thread at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've noticed this youtube channel PoliceSexOffenders evidently devoted to the subject...

I certainly have not independently reviewed the cases presented in their videos to see if they are being presented properly, or anything...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We just need to make it a law that all police cars have dashboard cameras...that face the interior of the car!

It takes a power-hungry personality type to pursue a law-enforcement career (okay, not all, but most). Rape is a crime of power, exerting your will over another. Not surprising given the right circumstances that this is happening.

Then you have their "code" to complicate matters further. Ratting on another officer (especially your own partner) could get you killed, family members arrested, children's futures destroyed...etc.

Not too many family men are willing to risk this over some "perp" they don't give two cents about.

I can hear the rationale of the partner..."Stupid b#&$! shouldn't be DWI in the first place"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A cop raped a woman therefore all cops are rapists.

A doctor molested a child therefore all doctors are pedophiles.

A Judge took a bribe therefore all Judges are crooked.

A nurse unplugged a ventilator therefore all nurses are murderers.

An OP is narrowminded, therefore all posters have narrow minds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join