It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill - Humour !!?? Media Adgenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Oil Spill - Humour !!?? Media Adgenda

www.boreme.com

Clarke & Dawe on the BP oil spill
Australian satirists John Clarke and Bryan Dawe cover the oil spill that started in the Gulf of Mexico after an explosion in April 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but although this is mean't to be funny ?! is it ??!!

Is this another portion of the media making a light-hearted 'JOKE' out of what is a very serious situation in the GoM - A 'DIVERSION' or 'DISTRACTION' by the media !!!

or is it actually Comedy ??

I don't know...

www.boreme.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well if it is meant to be funny...

It's not working.. In fact, quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's Aussie humour. It's not a distraction or a diversion, but a fairly savage attack upon the oil company's response to the situation, highlighting the inadequacy of disaster scenario planning, as well as the inadequacy of their response to the situation. It also demonstrates the politicisation of what is an appalling corporate failure.

I know it may seem like a rather flippant approach to what is a shocking environmental disaster, but that's Aussies for you. Not everyone gets it, but I assure you that Aussies do. It's extremely black humour which lampoons the idiocy of BP and Halliburton.

The trouble starts when this pair of Aussie political commentators/satiricists get played upon a global stage. It's easy to misunderstand what they're saying and where they're coming from. But rest assured, we're feeling for you right now. The skit is one that demonstrates complete contempt for the buffoons running BP and their response to the situation.

Stay calm, citizens. It's a gesture of solidarity and not for the oil companies.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I thought it was a good video, great job by these guys highlighting the stupidity of BP! It nice to get a reprieve from the doom and gloom oil spill is gonna kill us all stuff. Not that I don't take this seriously I'm as pissed as anyone else about this, but this was funny, like I said they highlight how stupid BP is and how ridiculous it is to have such a risky business unregulated, and also highlights how dumb it is to blame Obama! Great video!

top topics

join