It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnessed good evidence of Indoctrination today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The following evidence is presented to you through me. You have to take my word on it, and if you don't believe me then I can't convince you. There is no videotape or voice recording only my testimony. It isn't some crazy thing but being there, honestly dropped my jaw. Here we go.

I clocked in today and moved to my desk up front to begin another grueling day of monotony. About fifteen minutes after my arrival one of our sales reps came in, she happens to be someone that I have talked to closely over the years. As usual we got into the political talk and in between laughs about Nancy Pelosi's getting booed off stage, and the video of John McCain saying he would hire me for 50 bucks an hour to pick lettuce, we got into some serious discussions. Now she has known me for four years and knows very well that I am a capitalist pig. I got nothing against this modern form of slavery as it beats the previous form of slavery. I at least get to come to my own house and play my games and relax a bit.

In our talks I stated the following "We would be better off if no one in this country was allowed to be in office if they have made more than 100k a year." This is truly my opinion. The way I figure it is this, if you are elected to represent we the people, why not live like the 80% of us that live paycheck to paycheck instead of the 20% or so that don't. Anyways that was the statement I made and I stick to it. After I stated my opinion on that, she immediately muttered the following phrase (pay attention) "I believe that they should be allowed to spend there money how they want to!" Let me put this conversation again only in screenplay format.

Me: "We would be better off if no one in this country was allowed to be in office if they have made more than 100k a year."

Her:"I believe that they should be allowed to spend there money how they want to!"

I immediately knew what happened. Personally, I am an avid news watcher and the two hours of tv I watch a week happen to be fox news. Mainly because I like Shephard Smith and Neil Cavuto. I can see through bias well enough to not get suckered into it but this put my jaw on the floor. I know this woman and she is very very nice. But I happened to find out today that she is highly indoctrinated as well. The talking points of Beck and O'Reilly among other conservative hosts have sunk in well. Now me as Libertarian, I share many beliefs with some of these people but I do not condone indoctrination. Sorry if this post is bad, but I needed to share this with you. I always knew about the brainwashing but this by far has been the most proof that I have seen. I simply stated my opinion, she knows where I sit on the fence, neither of us give a s**t if our opinions matter to anyone else, but here we were seeming to disagree on something that I know we both agree on. She doesn't like the elites, she doesn't like D.C. but on a whim she defended their right to have money and spend it how they want to when it offered nothing of substance to the conversation.

I am sure this is happening all over the place and not just in the political arena. There is so much info too be consumed out there through the satellite data compression that this could happen in any area of daily life. From the console wars to prime time programming.

That is all my evidence. This was hard proof for me, though I always knew about it, just not to what extent. Thought you guys might be interested. As always, I am writing this after work and have had a few beers, so if you have any questions or comments, sound off. Some things may not make sense so please inquire before the flaming process. I am quite busy tomorrow so I will try to get back to you ASAP. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well I can see where you are coming from.

It's this free spending and no accountability and being able to take 'contributions' from whatever company wants to throw them a few million bones that helps to corrupt them and make them bad leaders who care more for themselves and not the people.

I think this should be obvious to everyone.. but apparently not your lady friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yep. I am not saying that my opinion is right. It is merely my opinion. I used to watch fox non stop so I know all the talking points. It is almost like I said a keyword and instinct for her was to defend rich people. It honestly scared me a little. When I joined ATS I was a staunch republican and two weeks later I was a libertarian. Not to make this political but I started seeing the two party system for what it is. It really scares me that I was once one of these people, until I turned off the boobtube that is.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Do you think that she may have misinterpreted what you said. Maybe she's hard of hearing.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Nope, I wish I could say that. No background noise and we are both southerners. I speak with a veeeerrrry long drawl. I know it is hard to believe the story but it is true I swear it. I speak deep and loud. There is no mistaking what I say, trust me, my mouth has gotten me into plenty of trouble.

Star for clarifying my post and making me realize my sig has an awesome link for such situations.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ventian]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am very opinionated myself. I am registered as "Other" at the moment because I do not subscribe to either party.. to only have two choices to me is a monopoly unto itself.

I agree with turning off the TV. I have a brand new 27 inch hooked up to an SDTV antenna and if I need more than that I use the internet. The TV is 2 years old but it's been used perhaps 10 times. I do have 3 computers in the house that are used constantly.

What I do is I get some morning news and then read several stories of the same thing from either side then let my judgment tell me which I should feel is closest to the truth.

I listened to a lot of shortwave back in the 80's and would hear live unbiased reports of news as it was happening only to find out 30 minutes later when the then new CNN channel picked it up it was edited/censored/flavored or just plain twisted around backwards This is what started me on my journey of finding out what really is truth.

Most people don't want to know truth. It's too uncomfortable. It's much easier to just believe what your told and not have to get out of your comfort zone and deal with the ugly world around them. Then that might cause them to have to change.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Awesome post. I too am constantly hunting the truth. Someone set me straight on this board about my political beliefs and I am man enough to admit it. I believe they were liberal and I became a libertarian, it was about the corporations buying into campaigns by the supreme court. People have always been uncomfortable around me for this reason. I don't beat around the bush. In high school I was a green mohawk wearing, pierced up goth, that played football for 5 years (neck injury in senior season). Needless to say, I never fit in. Never understood why people let opinions bother them so much.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You were talking about regulating political offices to negate potential problems.

She was talking about personal rights to spend your money the way you want too.

2 totally different subject matters.

I agree that it was her indoctrination, but it is also a combination with a lack of critical thinking. She did not understand half of what you were explaining to her.

I am pretty super pro-capitalist like you, for the same reason. It's better than the last form of slavery.

But I also believe there should be VERY strict rules about holding political office.

Setting up regulations to prevent shenanigans would actually help foster True Capitalism. LOL!

Because what we have now is Not Real Capitalism, we all know that. What we have is the Monopoly of Two.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is what worries me. She is in her forties. Her lack of critical thinking is shared by ninety percent of Americans and makes it easier to indoctrirnate. Good post.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
YEA~!! I TOTALLY AGREE with this statement!! There's seems to be a super crittacal lack of critcal thinking in the US and perhaps the world. So, as some of you might know, I'm pretty staunch about 'the moon shot' and how something just DO NOT add up for me in my mind. Ok.. with that being said, I'm watching the vids of JW and my friend at work says..

"what's that?" ..
ME: It's a video of an Aussie doing some research about the NASA landing on the moon.."

Him:" so what's that video about?"
ME: "he's showing how a 500PSI rocket engine is blowing a hole in the pavement..while the one at NASA and astronauts said that the LM ws 1200PSI and did blow a hole in the moon surface.."

HIM: "how do you know he's not lying?"
ME: " you mean the main engineer for the company that made the 500PSI engine?" Why would he?"

HIM: "well.. you know since you didn't talk to him yourself he could be lying to the intervier...."

I WAS TOTALLY taken back !!!..

I said "you mean to tell me that the Senior Engineer at the rocket manufacturing facility would feel ok to LIE to the publc and endanger the lives of perhaps 1000's human beings so .. he could ... what... prove JW a hoaxer and lose his job with possiblilites of going to prision?!!!!"..

HIM: "well... you never know..."

NOW, I don't know about you but that was the worst excuse for debate and ditching the subject as I have ever seen !!!! I mean.....so, if you can't come up with a solid reply.. just blurt out what ever comes to mind.. LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and your lady friend's answer was much the same IMO, because, the statement you made was THEM MAKING money off the tax payers NOT spending it......and it's the same 'thinking' if that's what you want to call it, as my friends.. if you don't want to 'own' up to the fact that we've been totally suckered for the last 50 years...

JUST Blurt out whatever comes to mind.. and I concur she really is indoc'd .. and that makes me sad.. and mad at the same time.. but.. to those that are doing the indoc'n ....I have only 1 thing to say....

you will have to answer to your crimes and it WILL come back on you.. eventually .. if you sow decit .. you will reap the same amount as youe dish out!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is what worries me. She is in her forties. Her lack of critical thinking is shared by ninety percent of Americans and makes it easier to indoctrirnate. Good post.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I don't get it ventian. I agree with you that no millionaires or billionaires should be voted in to office and that no one should profit from holding office. We are in the minority though, the rest of the world doesn't believe there is any problem. My point is that I don't see this as indoctrination unless you mean defending what its been like for as long as we've all been born?

This is where that slippery slope argument comes in. Everyone gets up in arms over a loss of freedom bill but the truth is that the next generation never argues against but rather defends it because that is the way it has always been.

Just take parking meters. No one today bats an eye at paying a parking meter for the right to park on a public street.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
People who work in government are supposed to be public servants. Yet ironically, the servants are paid more than their masters--the general public. IMO, no public servant, including the president, should be paid more than the "average" private income. That way, only those who really wanted to "serve" would apply for a government job.

I have a friend who just quit his 75,000 a year job at FEMA, and he was far from the top of the food chain there. Why did he quit? Because all anyone ever did in his office was NOTHING. He was bored to death, because his department had no direction and nothing to do. Moreover, he told me there was a race war taking place in his department. Black managers, mostly female, were doing everything they could to get rid of white and even hispanic employees, to be replaced by black employees. They were like petty tyrants. (Btw, I have never heard a single racist word out of his mouth. He was simply recounting his experience.) He was so disgusted by the stagnant atmosphere, which mainly consisted of gossip and backbiting, that he couldnt take it any more and so he turned in his resignation. He is currently unemployed (with 2 masters degrees).

I have no reason to doubt his reports. He is a straight up guy. If this is any indication of what is taking place inside the ranks of our government, which is the largest employer in the US, then we are in serious trouble. The average wage earned in the public sector is almost double that earned in the private sector--yet our public servants are completely non-productive. They dont add a thing to our economy, except consumption. Something is not right here.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Angiras]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just...hmm. ok. I hope people dig a little deeper...or see rather...I'm on the radio. I'm "the logical liberal". WWPR Flag Station. I know todd schnit and I've networked with other large personalities. They're people. They're entertainers. I use to argue with my "bring a lawyer Friday" and id try and say there's no black and white...reasonable. that didn't get ratings. What gets ratings are bold opinions...a sense of belonging...and trying to get the caller to say what you want to say. Id rather have 10 people on the lines wanting to argue with me then 10 people trying to concure. "18004011490" (number by number..) "or if your a conservative.. 401 "fourteen ninety"). Har har. Now a lot of times people follow the bandwagon... VAT got popular..no idea why. I'm in Florida.. the producers for the big shows are normal people...I just don't know where the "men in black" fit in

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can't edit on mobile so if a mod moves this to my above post...I just want to add that...one of the best quotes I ever heard from a politican... was when I had congressman alan grayson on..(who loves attention)...but he said "you can't out wallmart, wallmart." and it didn't click until I thought...yeah. if you built something to compete...if its the same exact thing..it will fail. Best Buy is alive because of offers like geek squad and the fast 1x1 help. Does that make sense? If I wanted to create an awesome super store that will offer all day low prices and have it be a drug store mixed with a clothing store mixed with a grocery store..I get wallmart. Radio personalities have to "stick out"... I know for a fact Beck just adores the idea he's apart of a huge conspiracy. Heck, it'd get my ego really going...id do stuff just to keep that rumor alive! Ok gotta go

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

The Men In Black are more than likely the ones that are handing out the talking points. Someone above the producers, maybe the executives. I don't really know the chain of command.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Hi Ararisq,

I believe there are many forms of brainwashing. One that I believe holds true for most MSM outlets are repetition. I simply uttered a key word and the wires seemed to tell her what to say. As I stated, I speak very clearly when I talk so there was no misunderstanding, I just uttered the key word. It is strange for me as I understand what is happening but I watch fox news when I watch tv, I am well aware of what happens. This was the first time I had literally seen it in action though.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Shameless final bump for the day crowd before it goes in the vault only to be bumped by some noob years later.

top topics

join