It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early NASA Vacuum Chamber Test Gone Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Early NASA Vacuum Chamber Test Gone Wrong

This event really happened. In 1966, Jim, Le Blanc, a NASA spacesuit technician was inside vacuum chamber at the Manned Spaceflight Center when his Apollo-type suit lost pressure due to an oxygen hose becoming unhooked. At the time of the accident, the chamber was only at a pressure equivalent to what is found at an altitude of 46,000 meters (150,000 ft), and fellow workers scrambled to repressurize the chamber and rescue Le Blanc.

Lets hope they have it cracked by now - must have been quite a fright

MJ2

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Looks like some one beat you to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remain Vigilant

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think this is from the TV show "Moon Machines", which was probably the best series of documentaries I ever saw about the Apollo missions. There were several episodes (six total) each dedicated to a piece of Apollo hardware: The Saturn V Rocket, Command Module, Lunar Lander, Lunar Rover, Navigation Computer, and (as this video shows) the Space Suit. Each episode discusses the development of the hardware with many of the people who were actually involved with the program.

This series of documentaries is on the "Science Channel" and "Discovery Channel" every so often. I suggest everyone watch these shows if they have the chance.

These can be seen on Youtube. Here's a link to Part 1 of 5 of the episode on the Space Suits (I think all of the episodes can be seen on Youtube):
www.youtube.com...

new topics

join