It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We All Forget Rudolf Hess?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So Dr Expired what do you believe is the most likely reason for Hess flight to Scotland ?
I have to admit that this thread has helped to clear the thought process on this matter . I now believe if you like that Churchhill had some inkling what was going but wasn't directly involved . The Duke of Hamilton was the man behind Hess flight to Scotland and for some reason the offer Hess brought to the table was unacceptable and as they say the rest is history .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The thing is even if Britain had made peace we would have just ended up as some appendage to a Nazi dominated Europe.

It would have been unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Recruiting Britian to the Ayrian cause would have helped Hess regain dominance over Boorman. Is it a coincidence that the Enigma machine modifications that enabled the West to discern the presence and intent of U-boats in the English Channel, were in use preventing/circumventing German invasion of England less than a year after Hess's flight?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
It would have been unthinkable.

In hindsight now that we know the extend Holocaust that is true. The full extend of the Holocaust wasn't revealed until some of the concentration camps were liberated by allied forces . When word first got back to Britain about the Holocaust the relevant people scarcely believed it . What I think Hess brought to Scotland was a diplomatic offer . He would have proposed that in exchange for respecting German conquests in Europe the British Empire would be recognized and left alone . The other core part of the offer would have been neutrality or siding with the Germans in any war in the East .

The other side would have wanted a German withdrawal from France , Low Countries and Norway . Poland would have to the victor in the war in the East regardless . Clearly unofficial negations broke down quickly .

reply to post by teapot

I don't follow your line of thinking .
Are you saying that the Enigma code breaking effort is related to this matter ?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Hess would have had to 'give' the British authorities something. My guess is that he offered information relating to planned German invasion of mainland UK. His information would have been treated with scepticism, he would have had to gain British/Allied confidence that he was not a high-level plant.

Information relating to U-boat or other war-machine technology would have been easy for him to demonstrate sound working knowledge of.

I'm just speculating on the available jig-saw pieces that make up this particular WW11 'mystery'. I would suggest he also gave information about Hitler's personal itinery.

If I were the commanding officer in this situation, my priorities would be to protect my own country's interests and liquidate the opposition's leader.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There are certainly things to mull over here, I believe (perhaps) that Hess , didnt jaunt over to Britain on any foolhardy whim.
He more than likely intended to reveal the true conspirators behind the Hitler regime.
Because he was not worldly on British sneakiness, he handed over his shattering info to the co conspirators of the true Hitler backers, so much embarrassment would have ensued, and as the Holocaust murders came to light, it was of paramount importance to silence Hess.
It wouldnt look good for Britain , France, the USA and even for some powerful Jewish figures?
Hess was trying to save his Beloved Fatherland, yet was betrayed by the Allies who wanted total war in Europe?
WW2 was about protecting rich dynastys and resources from the Stalinist barbarians?
But Germany was hated by the Brits and french we overlook this sometimes, the sentiment left over from WW1 was still acute, over one million brits were killed and many more maimed and sent mad.
Many still hated the Germans and saw them as an eternal threat.
Hitler was their stooge? Hess the whistleblower, who got it wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join