It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We All Forget Rudolf Hess?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Its always intrigued, why Hess the deputy of Adolf Hitler and apparently much loved and admired by A. H. would fly a plane to England knowing it was a one way journey?
He was locked up and died in prison long after WW2.
Did he carry documents authorising him and validating him as the legitimate new Leader of Germany?
Did he in fact have the signatures required on the documents he required to make this work?
This is the only explanation that has any logic to it.
He was in fact carrying the papers legitimising himself as the exiled german Leader?
The generals all would have signed it and major German figures in politics and Royalty also.
So the question is why was he rejected?
Why was he locked up for decades?
Has any new info come to light under freedom of information laws?
Is it that the west didnt want peace in any form?
Until Germany had weakened the USSR and itself?
I find it starnge how its rarely mentioned.
Does anyone have any thoughts on Hess and his" mission to England? "

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

i think about Rudolf Hess frequently - especially on the anniversary of his ill-fated flight, May 10.

i do not think that ANYTHING in the world could have justly warranted the treatment he received after that night, for the remainder of his life.

it was extreme in the nth degree and i think it says a lot about what was really going on under the surface, during WWII.

for those who aren't afraid to find some secrets, that is.

the fire went out of his eyes.
that is what breaks my heart.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
no profit in peace mate
move along nothing to see here move along
SandF

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

i think about Rudolf Hess frequently - especially on the anniversary of his ill-fated flight, May 10.

i do not think that ANYTHING in the world could have justly warranted the treatment he received after that night, for the remainder of his life.

it was extreme in the nth degree and i think it says a lot about what was really going on under the surface, during WWII.

Some say he was mad, but they were the British guards ect, was he a doubl agent for the Brits?
But then again wouldnt they have just shot him and said he died in the plane landing(made it a crash site)?
He was never tried at Nurumberg but made out to live his days in isolation.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by queenannie38

Some say he was mad, but they were the British guards ect, was he a doubl agent for the Brits?
But then again wouldnt they have just shot him and said he died in the plane landing(made it a crash site)?
He was never tried at Nurumberg but made out to live his days in isolation.

Rudolf Hess was tried in Nuremberg, see the link; en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

My kudos to you for starting a topic this World Two Buff has also often wondered about .
Certainly the amount of time Hess spent in Spandau Prison and the fact that documents related to this matter have been classified for so long suggests a massive cover up of some kind of sanctioned diplomatic mission . Maybe the Germans wanted to make peace in the West before invading the Soviet Union or Churchill was looking for a breather because of uncertainty of US involvement in the war . Just my ten cents .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Lord Halifax wanted to sue for peace with Hitler to save the British Expeditionary Force on the beaches at Dunkirk France.

Always thought that Hitler wanted Great Britain to march along side his army whilst conquering Russia then the middle east to establish his NWO, Think,
Knight Templar, Knight Teutonic, Knight Hospitaller, Knight Malta,

Sir Churchill was a royalist and part of the elitists establishment,
Hitler was not a fan of royalism, So maybe a formal request (declaration) was brought to Scotland by Hess,

IMO

Edit to Add:
From The Telegraph..

Rudolf Hess, disappeared from Germany, and so created the most enduring mystery of the Second World War. At 5.45 on the evening of 10 May 1941 he took off from Augsburg, near Munich, in a twin-engined Messerschmitt 110 fighter-bomber. Late that night, a similar aircraft appeared over Scotland, and came to earth near Eaglesham, south of Glasgow. A man arrested nearby at first gave his name as Alfred Horn, but soon claimed to be Hess, and said he had come to seek peace with Britain.
There seems to be some speculation as to whether it was Hess or not.

And Himmler was behind this scheme not Hitler,
And if true, If It was not Hess at Spandau prison Berlin,
Where did he go during WW2, And why does his (alleged) wife maintain it was him..

S&F great thread OP

[edit on 9-6-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thanks to the informative replies, I apolgise for not knowing Hess was tried at Nuremberg and sentenced to life in prison.
He apparently hung himself in Spandau prison with an electrical cord,in the year 1987.
He had reportedly attempted suicide twice before.
It is interesting he had a Greek Mother and it is unclear whether is birthplace was Egypt or Germany depending on which" facts site " is read.
Perhaps he brought the news that Hitler was really dead? and that a double was in place, no one will ever know I guess.
Winston Churchill even stated that his sentence was unjust.
Its great to see that ww2 conspiracies are of interest to people still , there are so many odd things unexplained that occurred in the second world war, so many deaths ignored, so many deaths highlighted, I only just found out that up to 20 million chinese were butchered by the japanese in the years around and including WW2.
Many were buried alive, so Hess and his peace mission may have saved millions upon millions of lives who can guess?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Lord Halifax wanted to sue for peace with Hitler to save the British Expeditionary Force on the beaches at Dunkirk France.

I could buy that Churchill knew something was afoot but couldn't be seen to be involved with any kind of negations with Nazi Germany . Hess flight comes a year to late for the troops at Dunkirk . Maybe the Duke of Hamilton was the main man on the British side of things behind Hess flight to Scotland .

And Himmler was behind this scheme not Hitler,

I don't call myself a conspiracy theorist but the notion that Hess just took off on his last flight off his own back is just to far stretched to be true . Certainly someone perhaps aids to Hess and other Nazi leaders knew more about the flight then they let on .

And if true, If It was not Hess at Spandau prison Berlin,

That is what is alleged in the book The Murder of Rudolf Hess by Hugh Thomas well to be more specific from memory Hess is swapped for a double after the his plane crashes in Scotland . I have read the book and you only have the author word about Hess scar as it relates to his WW1 record .

As much as I abhor the acts of the Nazi regime there is no avoiding the fact that by the 70's Hess is a political prisoner . He was the last inmate in Spandau prison since about 1966 . Even with the policy of détente towards the Soviet Union the following must be considered when weighing up any diplomatic fall out from the western powers unilaterally freeing Hess . The sheer amount of tax payer dollars and resources used up in guarding one man would today be considered pork in American terms .

Its only fitting a tad of mystery surrounds Hess death . IMO Hess found enough sheer will power to commit suicide . For my mind the Flight of Rudolf Hess and the background to capture of crucial classified documents SS Automedon remain the two unsolved mystery's of World War Two . What I don't understand is that if Hess was on a diplomatic mission why he flew to Scotland instead of conducting negations(SP?) in Switzerland .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hess was unable to fathom why the British persisted in fighting Germany rather than join with them against the mutual enemy of communist Russia. He was convinced that if only he could speak in person to the British they would understand that they too were part of the master race and rally to his cause.

He just didn't understand the British ..... and I suspect our failure to see that he was totally right just added to his insanity.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
From the Glasgow post..

"But surreptitiously, it was rumoured Hitler himself had sent Hess off with a white flag in his pocket to set up peace talks with the Western Powers, so that all of them would be able to jointly overthrow these terrible Bolsheviks; Winston Churchill had never made any secret out of how much he hated these Russians".

I think Sir Churchill probably toyed with the idea of peace with Hitler, But when weighing it all up thought better of it.

To many memories of WW1 The massacres of British troops at Dunkirk, And the aerial bombings of mainland Britain.

Watched a good program last night about the 1st Bn parachute regiment
during WW2 jumping into France to capture Luftwaffe radar components,
A very successful raid by all accounts,
And Hitler was alleged to have praised the courage and skill of the British forces, He really did admire the professionalism of the British military..

What "possessed" Hitler to push ahead with the invasion of eastern Europe ?..

Found this article on Hess @ WWW.Spartacus Schoolnet.co.uk
(which it claims was being shutdown by the CIA ?)

Duke of Hamilton report to Churchill. 11 May 1941..

The fact that Reich Minister Hess had come to this country in person would, he stated, show his sincerity and Germany's willingness for peace. He then went on to say that the Fuehrer was convinced that Germany would win the war, possibly soon but certainly in one, two or three years. He wanted to stop the unnecessary slaughter that would otherwise inevitably take place. He asked me if I could get together leading members of my party to talk over things with a view to making peace proposals. I replied that there was now only one party in this country. He then said he could tell me what Hitler's peace terms would be. First he would insist on an arrangement whereby our two countries would never go to war again.

Rudolf Hess The deputy Fuehrer sent on a peace mission,
Churchill has declared war on Germany so really cant let him return to Nazi Germany, Perhaps a secret conspiracy involving a "Doppelganger" ?..

[edit on 10-6-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You are partial correct because you spot on concerning the racial ideology of the Nazis . Hess motives for the flight to Scotland were not ideological instead he was almost child trying to win back his father love . In the internal power plays inside the Third Reich Martin Bormann was emerging from the shadows and eclipsing Hess .

reply to post by foxhoundone

Hitler never wanted a war with the British he saw them as a racial idealogical ally . The war against the Soviet Union was what he wanted all a long so much that the desire appears in his book Mein Kampf . Besides we know today that the Soviet leadership at least wasn't an innocent party that suffered from German aggression its just that they were beaten to the punch .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I always thought Hess' papers were a state secret as it implicated some of the still living royal family in peace making moves.

Can't upset the Queen, you know....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't think Churchill ever contemplated peace. An old friend of his wrote him a letter asking him to consider making peace with the Germans. Churchill sent it back saying i'm disgusted and ashamed at you're letter. I'm returning it to you so you can burn it. Or something along those lines anyway.

I don't think there is any conspiracy about Rudolf Hess. He kept the fact that he was flying to Britain a complete secret. He had steadily lost influence with Hitler and Hitler only found out about Hess's flight when someone came and gave Hitler a letter on May 11th from Hess stating that by the time Hitler read it, he would be in England.

Hess wanted to make peace with Britain and secure Germany's western front, so they could attack the Soviet Union, without facing a two front war.

Hess landed in a small village in Scotland. He told a local farm hand his name was Alfred Horn and that he wanted to meet the Duke of Hamilton who he was under the mistaken impression, would be a good conduit for expressing peace terms. However Hamilton was an RAF Wing Commander at this point and it's highly unlikely he would be receptive to such ideas from Hess.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 10/6/10 by Kram09]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So many informative contributors to this thread thanks to all

I guess only a very few know for sure, my gut tells me he passed on some very juicy information, that he thought couldnt be ignored, but he underestimated the British ability to be ruthless when its to their advantage.
In the end the west was saved by the German /russian... titanic slaughter fest , two threats weakened, one fatally.
No wonder Hess went to the sanctuary of suicide.
He was after all perhaps the only one alive who knew millions were killed when they could have lived.
Perhaps the German Atomic research program had something to do with it all?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Dr Expired]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

That wouldn't be my first thought but who knows what they are so keen to cover up ?

Originally posted by Kram09
I don't think there is any conspiracy about Rudolf Hess. He kept the fact that he was flying to Britain a complete secret. He had steadily lost influence with Hitler and Hitler only found out about Hess's flight when someone came and gave Hitler a letter on May 11th from Hess stating that by the time Hitler read it, he would be in England.

So assuming you are correct for a moment .
Do you think that Hess was more eccentric(SP?) then cunning ?
Hess admitted to faking lunacy for tactical gain while on trial at Nuremberg .

Hess wanted to make peace with Britain and secure Germany's western front, so they could attack the Soviet Union, without facing a two front war.

On that we agree .

According to Albert Speer in his book Inside The Third Reich insufficient resources, expertise and a lack of interest from Hitler existed to make research into an Atomic Bomb a realistic war time project .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Sorry I might point out my information is obtained from the book I am reading at the moment.

The Third Reich at War by Richard J. Evans.

The Third Reich at War

[edit on 11/6/10 by Kram09]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
No one seems to be able to explain anything convincingly(no disrespect to anyone) its just one big well?

The whole war killed so many civilains of all creeds and religions.
A tribute to the powers of sociopathic prowess,
Winston is a hero, Eisenhower a hero, Stalin.....no dont anyone dare.
Hitler and his lackeys....evil demons from hell....but Germany knew the mass murderer on a cosmic scale ...Stalin was about to invade,the eastern reaches of Europe...sooner or later .
Germany it is perhaps plain to all was the Patsy of WW2, the fall nation that was manipulated to fight for the West under the pretence of its own survival?
We are all so many fools?
Millions of dead...the rich got richer, we are just pathetic fools.?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
its just one big well?

If you mean there is a lot of different possible theory's out there and no definitive answer then you are correct . Heck I read somewhere that fake psychics or fortune tellers were planted by British intelligence . See IMO we won't ever know the truth because it is to easy for documents to get "lost ." The best thing to do is to decided what you most likely think happened and why .

Germany it is perhaps plain to all was the Patsy of WW2, the fall nation that was manipulated to fight for the West under the pretence of its own survival?

The Nazis were more hell bend on wiping out the Jews and the Communists then anything else . Besides that is like claiming the Japanese were out to protect Asia from imperialism .

We are all so many fools?

What happened in Germany could happen any where so we must be eternally vigilante against such things.

Millions of dead...the rich got richer, we are just pathetic fools.?

Human nature isn't going to change so lets just be grateful that the allies won the war and that so many gave there today so we could have a tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Good sentiments, unless its all just a respite.

<<   2 >>

join