It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says 'virtually all' oil to be captured soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

www.breitbart.com

A top BP executive says the company expects to be capturing virtually all the oil leaking from the Gulf floor by early next week.
Chief operating officer Doug Suttles told The Associated Press on Tuesday in Gulf Shores, Ala., that the flow should decrease "to a relative trickle" by Monday or Tuesday.

President Barack Obama plans to visit the region the same days.

Suttles says a second pumping ship should improve the process. And he says a new containment cap being built will seal bette
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Don't know what to make of this. A 'relative trickle' relative to the amount gushing out now could still be quite large. And I like how he says:

oil will probably continue to wash up for about the same period after the well fully shuts down

...So that when oil continually is washing up on the coast in December, people don't get too alarmed. Going to take this whole thing with a grain of salt since they lied to the world before but, maybe this is going to end sooner rather than later.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And I am going to grow up to be seven feet tall, by next week!

I am excited now!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is about as believable as seeing reports that Osama bin Laden has been found, all of the troops in the Middle East are being brought home, and that the Federal Reserve is being dissolved. Pure rubbish.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
They have been wrong about just about everything
since day one it seems, I will believe when I see it.
Also he needs to define "trickle".

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I Do Not want them capturing all the oil !!!!

I want them to cap this and get the Hell out of My Gulf !

They can stay the Hell out of My United States too.

Why should we continue to let then have the oil and gas for their financial gain after they things they have done.. That makes no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Breaking News:

Monkeys just flew out of my ass!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How in the world are we supposed to believe anything they say at this point?

At this point, even the last attempt was seen as capturing a negligible amount, and yet BP is attempting to spin it as a major development...

Nothing they have said thus far has been honest or verified.... without other scientists checking out this stuff we'd have a full load of BS that was given to us by BP...

I'm tired of the lies

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Also he needs to define "trickle".

Definition of "Relative Trickle"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dff07fc8836.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I love the word virtual, it is just amazing, it could mean anything

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
In BP I trust. Believe what he says (but don't ask questions)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well if that guy was Pinocchio, we could use his nose to plug the leak.

2nd line by Cinderella on a date with Pinocchio, "Lie to me, lie to me."

[edit on 8-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is the definition of

BS

GOTO HELL BP

What really pisses me off is the fact that people are getting arrested for taking pictures, or talking about what is happening.

What can we do to stop these people ? Some please tell me...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by R3KR]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Don't believe it for a second, I remember last week or the week before waking up to my bbc news app on my phone telling me top kill was a success turned on the tv and it was anything but a success. I'll believe it when I see it BP.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
what by next week!?

yes, and I am the return of JC. Bow before me infidels!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Is that a fact ? Guess we have to believe BP as they certainly wouldn't want to be accused of "massaging the truth" and that the following plume images taken just a few mins ago must be nothing more than a glitch in the video feed coming from the rovers and grossly over-exaggerating the amount of actual oil leakage.

Yep ... BP's definitely got the situation almost under total control ... we can all sleep easier now !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f7de9a262ef.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
They may be telling the truth. They may have calculated that they have leaked enough oil into the gulf to kill all marine life in it and the economy and require the evacuation of 50 million people so now it's time to start collecting the oil and selling it so they can get paid for thier foul deeds...

When will Americans wake up???

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I Do Not want them capturing all the oil !!!!

Why not? What would you suggests they do with it?

I want them to cap this and get the Hell out of My Gulf !

Its not your Gulf and capping it would only lead to re-drilling again in the future, people know the oil is there, it will come out the ground some day one way or another.

They can stay the Hell out of My United States too.

Little possessive aren't we? It was "Your" United States that sold BP the drilling rights and mineral resources there in the first place.

Source-: On the United States’ side of the Gulf of Mexico, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) is responsible for overseeing all offshore oil and gas drilling including leasing the mineral rights to these blocks. MMS is a bureau of the Department of the Interior and collects over $5 Billion in revenue each year from the sale of inland and offshore oil and gas leases.

When oil companies decide they want to drill in a particular block, they must first make sure no one else owns the rights. To manage this, MMS has periodic auctions for any unleased land eligible to be drilled on. Oil companies can submit their bids to MMS to drill in a particular block and if they are the highest bidder, they are usually given the right to do so.

The higher the probability that oil exsists on the block, the more an oil company is willing to bid on the lease. As an example of how high these bids can get, Anadarko and Mariner Energy recently paid over $52,000,000 for one single block (Walker Ridge 793) in the Gulf of Mexico.

Diesel goes into my truck, I assume you or someone close to you also has a motor vehicle that burns hydrocarbons. I'll hazard a guess that the keyboard your typing on is made from plastic as well. Yup the oil industry we don't need it. lol

Why should we continue to let then have the oil and gas for their financial gain after they things they have done.. That makes no sense to me.

What? So your saying that we should just stop being dependent on oil overnight or just BP should all of a sudden not be allowed to be a business?

I don't dispute that this could well turn out to be the worst environmental catastrophe the world has ever seen.

I'm just left wondering after reading here and not just this particular thread, is there anyone left in the world apart from me who thinks this might have been a terrible accident no-one wanted, not even BP?

I mean come on, a huge corporation like BP, not one person let it slip this was done on purpose? I don't believe it. BP has thousands of employees this couldn't be orchestrated overnight or by one or two people. I'm sure some of them would have preferred this didn't happen and if they thought it was planned or in the works, some one would have spilled the beans as it were.

It concerns me that as anger grows against BP were going to be reading headlines about BP employees being lynched. For example...

"BP Delivery Truck Driver; Father Of Four Attacked By Angry Mob" etc etc.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

If the same amount of effort spent trying to establish this whole episode as some giant conspiracy was put into cleaning up the mess I reckon we'd be alot further along sorting it out.

Far too many people getting mad and angry, simply bandwagoning because they can in my opinion.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Why not believe them? They say they will have it all contained, I am sure they will.

The Exxon disaster in Alaska was all taken care of, right?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Having looked at the recent feed from the ROV's I do not think they are going to stop or capture more anytime soon I'm afraid !!!

edition.cnn.com...

If anything this looks more powerful and sustained !!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join