It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
I have been informed that the "fire" that you and others are seeing, is indeed real fire. It is the benzene in the oil mixture reacting [oxydization] with the methane. The vaste majority of the material coming out of the well is methane. The oil is a mixture of all sorts and types of hydrocarbon molecules including benzene. Benzene is able to react with the methane much the same as oxygen would. Thus even though under the water never the less the fire is there. Yes it is fire. Occasional bursts of fire.

[edit on 10/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

Where is Doc Velocity???
Anyway I noticed there are flame like things going on the Skandi 2 cam. I also notice the view is now different.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
SEE and what did JBL say early on with this BENZENE! I knew that wasn't just yellow cap. Bp probably paint that yellow for camouflage and say "no it's just yellow paint" OK why is every other contraption BP build white and now this one yellow?? also I notice scorch mark and what look to be warping.. What happens with request from Markey and Boxer for HD video on lmrp??? we need HD video....Still I knew it was fire

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Do you have a link to a source? Very interesting, but still not convinced one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
could it be that hot stuff from the earths core is coming uo and out ? this don't look good to me with the well being 18,000 feet under the sea floor its no telling what they drill into. the chef maintenance guy on the rig that sunk said they have never seen a well kick over 1500psi but this one kicked at over 3000psi so may be they drill into a hot pocket of the earths core or a under water volcano.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerry3741
could it be that hot stuff from the earths core is coming uo and out ? this don't look good to me with the well being 18,000 feet under the sea floor its no telling what they drill into. the chef maintenance guy on the rig that sunk said they have never seen a well kick over 1500psi but this one kicked at over 3000psi so may be they drill into a hot pocket of the earths core or a under water volcano.

NO I think BP drill into huge gas funnel.....if a volcano bop would be melted by now......and doomsday scenario......still the pressure is so great with the gas cementing will not work imho

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
~i jumped the line here... but i will go back and review the other 6+ pages of posts & replies~

no flames no volcano...

however it is interesting the pressurized oil is 400 degrees F.

the drill spot was dangerous because the info was available to BP that the Macando reserve was both hot and had probably serious gas buildup down there.

as far as the illusion that there are 'flames'...
that is only due to the chemical reaction of the white oil dispersant that is being injected by BP into the dark brown oilgusher...

the dispersant is 11X the toxic level as the oil would be in the water subject to the air (in-other-words) on the surface!

the dispersant that the FDA told BP to cease & desist with, does not allow 90%+ of the oil to spread on the surface... it will remain below the waves & unseen, until it globs into those tar balls that immediately preceed a sea of jelletanous sludgey oil...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not saying that I believe this, but, in an interview with Keith Oberman, some supposed expert told him, when asked about those sparks/flames, that is is the dispertants being injected into the flow.....

For what it's worth...........

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
they burn the gas at the ship where it is collected.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join