It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just in case you missed it.. this is video from last night:

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul

Originally posted by packinupngoin
You tube it!!!!

Was already in the process lol. Here you go:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm looking here

OIL FIRE

Now it looks like it's just lighting and they moved camera, probably people complained about fire, they should move this feed 180degree now because oil is blowing into the lens.

If this thing really is on fire which probably isn't we'll know eventually because it will explode right down the broken riser into BOP and probably collapse the well..

They should have drilled down to 14000 and set off a nuke earlier on and squeeze it shut. If this explodes we're in huge problems...

This whole thing is a circus act

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For the people asking about dispersants I recorded and posted this earlier. When they FIRST started using dispersants this is what it looked like:

edit - This was recorded on June 3rd

[edit on 9-6-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Well said and summarized! Thank you.

Still not sure why this pipe can't be buried back into the ocean floor...... but let me throw this out then.

Why would they allow camera's down there, for the whole world to see and deny it's on fire?
Are they really laughing that hard at us?

I don't think it's fire mainly because I can't wrap my head around how fire and water would mix.
But secondly, they wouldn't advertise it (and deny it) would they?

Somethin's gotta give. We can't keep up this chaotic pace any longer. No one trusts anyone anymore and most are at the edge of their seats....bracing for something.
It's no way to live. Well hell, we haven't really 'lived' peacefully in a long time. We're really just surviving now.
How sad!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Technically, tomato is a berry.

If one sees flames, how long before the surface burns? If there are flames down there, it might be possible that whatever ignited the spill allowed for enough heat to split the water atoms into hydrogen and oxygen. It might even be possible that the heat of the subsequent fire is enough to keep on splitting atoms to keep the fire going. But at the rate the oil is gushing, i find it hard to believe that those are flames, as it would make more sense that either the flames would reach the surface sometime soon afterwards, or the water pushing in would kill the flames.

And if there was a fire, there would need to be some form of ignition. As it has been mentioned (sorry, i forgot the poster's name), the needs to be high heat, fuel and air. The fuel is there, the air is unserviceable in its binding at that depth and the heat is pretty low.

But i think someone who does underwater welding should be more knowledgeable about this than i, i only have basic welding.
[edit on 2010/6/9 by J.Smit]

[edit on 2010/6/9 by J.Smit]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think Doc V. is right -- if there were somehow the variables of fire a mile beneath the surface, we would see the flame just at the point of combustion. What we would not see, is the "fire" swirling around the site, as it would be extinguished at the point where the partial pressures equalized with the immense pressures at the site.

I also believe that Doc might be right about the dispersants contributing toward the orangish color, and I think the lights backlighting the scene from our point-of-view makes it seem to flare. I am watching ROV2, and the orange color just swirled around and momentarily overwhelmed the camera view. Not fire, IMO.

I am so incredibly ticked off (ticked off doesn't begin to express it, however more colorful words are inappropriate for this site) at BP for using dispersants underwater. What is the point? I continue to think the point is to mitigate the surface appearance of oil. It's creating (again IMO) a mousse that remains cohesive, yet underwater, and let me tell you, skimmers can not pick up that crap. It just continues to migrate whever the gulf currents take it, and the world be damned. Why is this being allowed? Why are there not a super-flotilla of tugs with sorbet booms and hundreds of skimmers working the captured oil???

I believe this is long past a "gulf problem". Sure, this might be characterized as fearmongering. Another way to say it might be the beginning of sea death of a significant portion of the planet's oceans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
reply to post by OuttaTime

Well said and summarized! Thank you.

Still not sure why this pipe can't be buried back into the ocean floor...... but let me throw this out then.

Why would they allow camera's down there, for the whole world to see and deny it's on fire?
Are they really laughing that hard at us?

I don't think it's fire mainly because I can't wrap my head around how fire and water would mix.
But secondly, they wouldn't advertise it (and deny it) would they?

Somethin's gotta give. We can't keep up this chaotic pace any longer. No one trusts anyone anymore and most are at the edge of their seats....bracing for something.
It's no way to live. Well hell, we haven't really 'lived' peacefully in a long time. We're really just surviving now.
How sad!!

Sad but true

My issue is that this is a runaway and the well casing becomes eroded,under the BOP. which ram sheers are partially closed, if this happens you unhook BOP and drag it up into surface ship. So at least we know what happened. BTW coast guard should seize that BOP NO SNAP WAY WOULD I TRUST BP TO INVESTIGATE THE BOP....That said now you just have well going crazy so you could try to encapsulate it....or build another tophat and drop right on well......

BTW i think September is more likely on final kill if even possible

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by patmac

That's what I was thinking but in alot of the footage, the yellow is the same size and proportion of the plume and not a pipe in the center of the plume. The pipe is already supposed to be cut and made me wonder ahy a pipe would still be exposed above it (that changed shapes no less).

I was watching it for a while, but I never saw it change shape. Imagine billowing smoke sitting in front of a reflective looking pipe. The smoke is thick and clumpy at times. You'd swear the pipe was flames. And also, just because it's cut, doesn't mean it's removed. You can cut a coax cable off of your wall, but the other side just sits there until you remove it entirely.

Hmmm, in the new HD footage on CNN there is no fire at the wellhead, but it was filmed on the 3rd (just now released :@@
, but I didn't see a pipe extension (which still has the jagged end like being bent and torn free). It was leaking 2 different colors from 2 seperate orifices in the same wellhead, and the oil seemed to be producing bubbles (probably from expansion or cavitation). My thoughts on the cut were if they already cut the pipe and tried to fit the cap on it, then the scrap from the cut would have to be removed. The cap would require a relatively clean cut to cap, just like cutting EMT pipe to put a coupling or connector on it (like I did in electrical work for so many years). There can be no 'extra pipe' sticking out if they want to cap it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know that to you it might look like fire, but that is impossible. So what do I think it is ? My opinion is that the majority of what we are looking at in the live feed is METHANE in the snow like crystal form normal at that depth of water. The red colour is not coming from the OIL, but rather I think that some less solid, more liquid oil by product like paraffin or benzene or petrol is flowing out with the same liquidity as the water into which it is discharging ? It might be that the discharge is including some mud material which is colouring the water ? Perhaps the methane crystals are absorbing light at the blue end of the spectrum, thus creating a red colour in their shadow ? It might be that the methane crystals are turning yellow and orange and even red ? Methane is just one of the possibilities. The hydrocarbon chemistry is very complicated. Basic methane is CH and CH2 and CH3 and CH4. Carbon with hydrogens attached. It is the most basic of hydrocarbon molecules. The oil is much more complicated being long snake like molecules which slide over each other thus giving that slippery oil texture. Notice all the methane snow floating around obstructing the view. Methane is the biggest problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One barrel equals 160 litres. Trillions of barrels of methane snow crystals have leaked into the Gulf of Mexico since 20 April 2010 and will sublimate into methane gas bubbles at the rate of one litre of crystals forming 650 litres of gas. Over the next year enough methane is going to come to the surface in the Gulf of Mexico to produce something like as is reported about in the above video from the History Channel.

"Lately, I’ve heard many talking heads in the news media suggesting that the only way to stop the BP oil leak might be to detonate a nuclear bomb under the leak site. Before they consider that option, they might want to watch this video of Dr. Gregory Ryskin, Professor of Chemical Engineering at Northwestern University. In the video, Dr. Ryskin explains how a prehistoric methane gas explosion could explain the Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, a mysterious period in Earth history where 95% of all species went extinct. Given that the amount of methane gas that is leaking from the BP spill site is at least equal to the amount of oil, it would lead one to believe that there is a huge underground pocket of methane gas buried there. Now, if Dr. Ryskin’s theory is correct, not only would detonating a nuclear bomb near that underground methane pocket end the oil spill, it might end all life on Earth as well".

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.youtube.com...

Assuming the leak in the Gulf of Mexico to be 12,000 barrels per day. It could be as much as 20,000 barrels per day or more. One barrel equals 160 litres. The amount of methane snow is four times more than the oil. So the arithmetic is as follows.

12,000 barrels of oil per day = 1,920,000 litres of oil per day.

To find the amount of methane snow leaking per day we multiply that by a factor of at least four.

1,920,000 x 4 = 7,680,000 litres of methane snow per day.

From 20 April 2010 until today 9 June 2010 is approximately 50 days of continuous spillage.

7,680,000 x 50 = 384,000,000 litres of methane snow crystals floating around in the water.

Each litre of methane snow crystals will sublimate into 650 litres of methane gas.

384,000,000 x 650 = 249,600,000,000 litres of methane gas.

Since the methane snow is coming out of the seabed over a wide area this is an out of control ongoing process that cannot be stopped.

250,000,000,000 litres of methane gas spilling out every 50 days ad infinitum.

This estimate is possibly a grave under estimate of the real amounts of methane spilling out into the environment in the Gulf of Mexico. My understanding is that over time all that methane is going to spead out horizontally over the surface of the waters and low lying land to a depth of fifteen meters worldwide. It is not going away but simply accumulating and accumulating increasing in density. A layer 15 metres thick all around the world at sea level. This is happening right now and has been going on accumulating since the past hundred years since oil explorations began. The methane does not go away. It simply floats about as that layer all around the world as it very quickly spreads out between the air above and the water and land below. The density at which it will ignite is when the methane is about 5% of the atmosphere. Obviously that level has not yet been reached. But when it does reach that density it will be a fire explosion literally all around the world, leaving the entire atmosphere with no oxygen, thus we all die out, mass extinction, from lack of oxygen to breath. Only the plants will survive it. Plants breath carbon dioxide and water producing oxygen which we animal life require as well as our food too obviously. H2O + CO2 = CH2 + O3. Interestingly this 15 metre thick layer of methane [odourless] is causing weather phenomenon. Methane is very "green house gas" thus that layer of methane worldwide is causing wide spread weather phenomenon. Flash floods. Freak storms every where. > ICEAGENOW < I recommend that you use GOOGLE EARTH [it is free software] to monitor the global weather developments as this ever more dense 15 metre thick layer of methane affects everyone everywhere worldwide.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I've been waiting for Green Peace to show up .

Are they someplace in the world saving the whales?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

There was another post on here a few weeks back where someone mentioned something about fire, and I had to squint to make it out. I expected the same thing when I looked here, but wow... this certainly does look like fire.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

can someone wake up PHAGE.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I had suggested they bash it into the ocean floor with a wrecking ball and drop a pile of rocks on it and build a mountain of concrete around it, after they filled in the gaps with the buttholes that spent a month pointing fingers at each other. It wouldn't hold forever, but BP had already discussed drilling a relief well to reduce the pressure.
Yes people are fighting mad about this whole thing and we want results! We as a populace are just fed up with the lackluster performance of our unfriendly gubmint. Our country, along with most of our ecosystem is in grave danger from this mess, and there seems to be little positive action taken. Just coverups, old stock footage, 2 faced CEOs, no emergency contingencies, the Halliburton factor, the stock shorting before the explosion, lies about the wellhead flow and total leakage, and so on.
I tried to watch HLN for any good info, but they were pushing their hollywood drama news. More Gladiator games from the stadium to keep the masses pre occupied...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And yet again it looks to be on fire...

With flares in it. 9-june 2010, 22.45 CET

www.bp.com...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Searchalot]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by argentus

I've been waiting for Green Peace to show up .

Are they someplace in the world saving the whales?

Absolutely. A very good question to ask. Green Peace are actually nolonger in existance, since due to the fact that the organization was highjacked by militaristic minded "Militant Faction", the original founder of Green Peace abandoned it and is campaigning to shut it down completely. Since the militant faction took it over in around 1980 onwards it now serves as a platform for disinformation, like as the global warming propaganda, which serves to create a political environment where in the governments can justify a whole new generation of nuclear power stations, which will provide them with the material with which to build nuclear weapons for their "Agenda 21" Bilderburger inspired depopulation programme, which is simply genocide. So in light of these facts we suspect "Green Peace" are basically not going to say very much. It might even be that "Green Peace" activists [terrorists] caused the explosions which started the spill ? Why ? So as to create that political environment in which they can justify the building of nuclear power stations. [url=http://www.iceagenow.com]> ICEAGENOW

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't think dispersant is working the way we thought now, Initial conclusion was microbes would break down the oil faster. Unfortunately we have a shortage of microbes now IMHO. Therefore oil is suspended in subsurface layer snot globs as diver reported in oil dive. NOT BREAKING DOWN

best solution is stop using dispersant and add natural microbes bp must be aware of this and is criminally using dispersant in order to hide large portions of the oil from the surface???

EPA SUCKS OSHA sucks also I don't think any of those cleanup workers (beach workers) could score a 70% on the hazwopper exam. So who graded these exams and where was the 40 hour class held? um um NOPE and still not wearing respirators.....This is a bigger tragedy versus almost Hiroshima now better to die quickly versus in a hospital bed suffering from oil poisoning.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
it can't be fire...that would be impossible.

although the shot does appear like fire,

my guess would be lights behind the oil plume,
note the colour of this crude oil, it has a distinctive "orange" colour to it...so if you have strong lights behind it it would indeed glow a bright orange/red.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

YES MAN YES!! THIS IS what I've been talking about!!! THANK YOU MAN SO MUCH! I been watching the feeds on and off since they started it, I have only gotten 3 still images of that arm INJECTING dispersants. Out of every post I made about the topic no one cared to comment it. YOU SIR are a life saver[to me] I am now free to walk around and stretch my legs. THIS VIDEO IS HARD CORE PROOF that the OIL SPILL is BIGGER,BADDER, then anyone ever thought. HALF of ALL the oil coming from the well head is being dispersed, Imagine what it would look like Top-Side without the dispersant, Gulf Of Mexico would be the new "Black Sea".

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

I believe that was their original intention, to use the dispersants at the wellhead even though it had never been tested at a mile deep. So in their response, they were injecting CorExit into the wellhead and chemtrailing it at the same time to keep the evidence suspended underwater.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
For the people asking about dispersants I recorded and posted this earlier. When they FIRST started using dispersants this is what it looked like:

edit - This was recorded on June 3rd

[edit on 9-6-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

More praise for your efforts! Thank you for helping me judge the true magnitude of this gusher. We the people are only seeing half, due to those dispersants at 4826FT.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join