It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
Ram

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
reply to post by Ram

Ignored?

Probably because we all saw the video when it came out weeks ago.

Damn!!!

late again...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

OK.. now I'm confused.. In that feed I see the fin of the cap they put on last week which is white, but there is something yellow on it. I don't think it is the new cap.. I think they are going to try the new cap next week.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

There is information on this site about methanol, and also a BP diagram. It says the cap is white. Not that I believe everything they're handing out ...

Also, it says that methanol carries oxygen. Couldn't this create a potentially combustible environment?

markimoore.com...

I forgot the link - my apologies

[edit on 9-6-2010 by MotherofBlessings]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Heres from yesterday. Being since then they have changed the ^&@%#&^ cam views...

Green Arrow points out the Oxygen being injected.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

----------------------------------------

The Green arrow in this one shows the Flame. The Red arrow shows the injection rod. Notice anything else people?
-------------

BTW. For anyone who doesn't have this yet!
ALL LIVE FEEDS

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They already placed a new yellow cap last week. Look at this link below.

And again, NO flames. Serious look at the image....

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Oxize]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

a satanic mechanic come fix it?

Doc that's so cool! lmao
Where would someone go to school for that?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

Originally posted by One Moment
I'm not sure where to post my question but I'll post it on every Oil Spill thread until I hear an answer.

Seeing the leak is gushing out at something like 10,000 pressure-pounds per square inch, it's safe to assume, nothing will be able to 'clog' it at this rate, right?
So my question is this: Why can't they re-bury it? I mean.....submerge this leaking pipe back into the Earth?

How pipe(riser) is directly onto BOP/ BOP 5 stories tall Bolts cannot be loosened because ROV's cannot apply enough torque. Even if you exploded BOP with a Navy torpedo leak would still exist and what have you do?

BP could bring in tanker after tanker of cement and try to pur into gaping wound but it is 5,000 feet down and cement would harden due to extreme cold and drift all over the place......so lets say you build a mini mountain leak would still come up leaking forever until the 50,000,000 barrels is gone!

Where are you coming up with 50,000,000 barrels? Is that usually an oil-wells (for lack of a better word) capacity? Is this why they're giving this until August to be rectified? Because by then, it'll just be tapped out?

Please be patient with me because honestly, I wasn't really following the scientific aspect of this leak. I was too caught up emotionally and still am.

But, there's this oil source, underground/under the ocean floor, correct?
It has a 50 foot riser on it, correct?
Assuming I'm correct (I don't know if I am though)....this 50' riser canNOT be directed back down into the ocean floor?

Man, to think we HAVE to wear seatbelts while driving and these nimrods took absolutely no safey measures!
I am so pissed off at corporate Earth. I hate 'em all. I despise all governments equally.
At the hands of a few, we're all in danger now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

It's burning alright. BP has decided to, but they were talking of surface burns. It wouldn't surprise me if they ignited the wellhead. If it is so, it has the potential to spread rapidly without a means to control it. It's a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. Here's a link:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

Ah.. It looked white before, but it must be the lighting.. even in that photo it doesn't look bright yellow. That isn't the new cap though.. the new cap they are going to put on next week.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I read yesterday that the pocket of oil they are tapped in to is about 50 billion barrels, one of the largest in the area. 50 million barrels a day would be almost instantaneously disastrous. That's over 21 billion gallons a day, so perhaps that is a mathematical typo

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
Heres from yesterday. Being since then they have changed the ^&@%#&^ cam views...

Green Arrow points out the Oxygen being injected.

----------------------------------------

The Green arrow in this one shows the Flame. The Red arrow shows the injection rod. Notice anything else people?
-------------

BTW. For anyone who doesn't have this yet!
ALL LIVE FEEDS

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

I notice one of those eels a few minutes ago looking around??? was that it> those eels really like oil tough little creatures, in the beginning I remember one eel swim right into blow-out and nothing even happens to it. Maybe scientists should study eels now and figure out how they can be impervious to oil while most other fish die? IMHO eels live in what called eel pit and can dwell at -13,000ft and oil leaks out naturally into oceans all the time from cracks and fissure, so eels over eons have built up an immunity towards the oil.

Read the wik interesting creatures

EEL

Some guy experimented with dogs injecting eel blood perhaps something in the blood can be modified to treat sick gulf patients (clean-up workers) since they still FAIL to wear a 1/2 mask respirator?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Don't forget, the junk pouring out of the Earth down there is very dense, almost a solid, actually, and it contains lots of asphalt — it's a weird-ass concoction, and one of its chemical components does appear to be bright orange... Look at the stuff that's going to the surface:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42687a9313f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, imagine this orange crap coming out under intense pressure, being sprayed out of the wellhead, and illuminated by 2000 watt deep-water floodlights... Could conceivably look like orange flames or even volcanic magma.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Doc Velocity]

I hope this isn't off-topic but when I first saw images of these dense orange liquid, I thought of the planet Mars' surface. Could Mars' soil be covered in this similar type of inner-planet "junk"?

When I was a young child I had dreams that made me believe humans had already settled on Mars before fleeing to a new homeworld.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

I read yesterday that the pocket of oil they are tapped in to is about 50 billion barrels, one of the largest in the area. 50 million barrels a day would be almost instantaneously disastrous. That's over 21 billion gallons a day, so perhaps that is a mathematical typo

no only 50,000,000 barrels in this reserve although BP lies all the time so who can really say?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinciVirus
When I was a young child I had dreams that made me believe humans had already settled on Mars before fleeing to a new homeworld.

Wished that was so true. To bad it was just a dream.

Sometimes i get so depressed what happining all over mother earth. The wars, the oil spil, n-korea, isreal, etc etc....

wtb new homeworld.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Oxize]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Is there an end to it.....ever?

If not.....so much for the 'we're running out of crude oil' scare years ago.

You know, if this doesn't call for some non-violent takeover to take DOWN these governments and their corporations then, I don't know what else we're waiting for!!!!

They've ruin us.
They've ruin our currency.
They've ruin our planet!
They're taking over space.
They've taken over everything!
Unreal
What else is left?

I want to close my eyes to all this but I can't. And yet, when my eyes are wide opened, I get pissed and sadden. There's no winning.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I uploaded about 3 minutes of the feed from about 15 minutes ago, but I'm not sure how to place it in the thread, sorry..

My Upload

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

You're right. I watched CNN at a relatives house earlier today when they put up the new HD live footage. I saw many things wrong with the comparisons. The low resolultion footage showed a black oil leaking out and the wellhead was a bit on the square side. The HD footage had a rounder shape and the multicolored oil was coming out of 2 pipes. I also realized that BP said they had cut and capped the wellhead (kinda successfully), but the HD footage showed a torn pipe with no cut and no cap. This is their 'latest footage'. Again I call BP out for falsifying records and distorting media perceptions.
Then CNN indicated that the yellowish slivers seen in the footage was just a light anomaly. If the lighting is fixed, and there are no reflective devices near the wellhead, then why does it look like fire? Methane is combustible without oxygen, ya know
Again, BP has plans to continue trying to capture the oil for refining and selling, so their priorities are not with closing it off. It's all about sustainable profit, and not the ecological impacts. Oil companies have done the same thing before in other countries. It's cheaper to pay off the natives for dumping overwhelming amounts of sludge and contaminants. They made billions, while only having to pay out millions. That's how corporations work. As long as the profit is much larger than the penalty, "it's a go" project.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Lay off the drugs and HFCS. Those injection rods are stationary, they are not "EELS". They are not moving. And if that post was an attempt to be sarcastic you certainly didn't pull it off.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

I wish I could remember the source, but it wasn't BP. They said there was a 50 bil gallon reservoir of oil that many rigs were punched in to. But you're right, who can say exactly how much is down there. I'll bet if BP and BoyBama wait long enough it will all be in the gulf and we can weigh it

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
When I use to skin dive, we used underwater flares at times. These burned underwater so I guess you can have fire underwater. I know you can weld underwater but the torch has oxygen going to it for it to burn. I don't know if you can ignite the gas underwater or not either. But something sure looks like flames and no news service is reporting this. I'm still trying to figure out what is killing the crops in several states now. TN. being the worst hit. Looks like some sort of acid rain is doing it. I read that is could be the cortex dispersent BP was using had been pulled up by the sun and is now raining down upon the crops. I dunno.....
P/S..The thing about this only being the lighting is that the lights have been down there from the beginning and why has it just started looking like flames now. Should have appeared that way from the beginning. Right? I personally think they have ignited the methane somehow, but I don't know why.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Caji316]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join