It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON:UFO Caught on Camera While Ghosthunting [Admin Update]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So has anyone attempted to obtain the original raw image or is everyone still trying to analyze a photoshopped photo?

It is not the original picture - as you can see - someone opened up an editing program and added text. Who knows if they added the "ufo" too?

I mean, I agree it could be double exposure - it happens.

But the original raw image is needed before legitimate analysis can be done - to rule out that the "UFO" was not photoshopped in.

Just my lil ol opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This picture is from the group's website societyoftheunknown.com. Take a look at the white object on the ground on the bottom left hand corner of this picture.
Isn't this the exact same object?

www.societyoftheunknown.com...

EDIT: APPARENTLY the people at societyoftheunknown have also made this observation and have identified their UFO as "a flower basket turned on its side. Somehow the camera superimposed it into the tree tops."

A blow-up of one of the images picturing the flower basket... object pictured in bottom center between grave stones.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Tearman]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Looks like a hatch of some sort on the bottom side.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

LOL... and how did the flower basket become part of the photo at night time???

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by Tearman

LOL... and how did the flower basket become part of the photo at night time???

I don't know, but I have to admit that it looks pretty much like the object in the night image -- too much so to be a mere coincidence, in my opinion. Or, at least it looks similar enough to warrant further examination.

Like I wondered aloud before -- is it possible that the object in the OP's image is a reflection of some mundane object on the lens? Is it possible that they were standing over the basket when the picture was taken, and the bright flash somehow projected the "ghost image" of the basket up to the lens? (again, as I said before, something like when you could see your retina reflected off of your eyelid during an eye exam).

Nice find, Tearman.

EDIT TO ADD:
This is a better picture of the basket (looking more like the object in the OP)
...and, OMG, two orbs!!! (just kidding
)

[edit on 6/11/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was going for a railroad lantern but I guess it's the flower pots mom. Oh well line 2

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah somehow the picture i took superimposed an eater bunny and some ufos on itself

[edit on 11-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
I have examined the second picture for an hour now and i cant make out what part is which if it is a UFO

But the picture has quite a bit of detail on the parts you can see. The story in its self seems very intruiging and i want to know what you guys all make of this. I'm still undecided on what it is in the picture.

Kind Regards
True-Seer

[edit on 8-6-2010 by True-seer]

Well here's my $.02:

I opened both photos in Photoshop, and superimposed them so I could toggle between them. I then ran some filters and levels and I have come to a conclusion, as a professional who uses Photoshop daily and has since v1.0.

It looks as though there is an object in the second picture that is not there in the first. It is behind the trees and appears solid. If it is a hoax, it is a physical object that was placed there and was not something that was photoshopped in later. That kind of photoshop skill doesn't exist as far as I have ever seen. I see no evidence of pixel cloning or anything else suspect in the images.

What the object is - Anyone's guess. There is no way to tell if it is suspended in midair, or part of it is resting on the ground. To say otherwise is pure speculation. Definitely an "Unidentified Object", but can't determine if it 'flew' into that position. It could have been driven there for all you know.

Add: After seeing the flower basket picture (how did I miss that?) I am going to amend my findings and say that it is an accidental double exposure. If it is a combination of two photos superimposed, then they did a good job because the lighting on the basket looks remarkably correct. I think it was probably a fluke and the photographers went all irrational when they saw it.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I'd have to say "case closed" on this one. Whether or not it's an intentional hoax I don't know. I just don't see how that object places itself in that photo. It's not even at the same angle as the reference in the third photo. To get that view you'd almost have to specifically be taking a picture of the planter. ..at almost ground level.

T.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Triangulum

Case closed? I'd say pretty much so. Questions still remain though. True, they did get around to identifying their UFO as a flower basket, but they did decide to first run off and make a report to MUFON while the solution to the mystery stood out in exceptionally plain sight. Had they looked at the other photos before making their report? If so, why didn't they catch the flower pot?

I'd like to know more about double exposure. Is this really something that can easily happen accidentally with modern cameras, or does it typically require intent?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Case closed i think not. Can anyone proove that the "flower basket" is in fact not a small scout ship that landed on the ground? Can anyone proove that this "giant flower basket" in the sky (
) is in fact not a mother ship comming out of cloak? If you ask me what is more plausable giant translucent flower basket in sky or alien mother ship i think i will go with UFO on this one.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If someone was taking pictures at the spot, why didn't someone see it with their own eyes?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

That's it, flower basket
I guess that ring on the bottom is there to prevent it from tipping over.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triangulum
reply to post by Tearman

... It's not even at the same angle as the reference in the third photo. To get that view you'd almost have to specifically be taking a picture of the planter. ..at almost ground level.

T.
I think so too.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
reply to post by Triangulum

Case closed? I'd say pretty much so. Questions still remain though. True, they did get around to identifying their UFO as a flower basket, but they did decide to first run off and make a report to MUFON while the solution to the mystery stood out in exceptionally plain sight. Had they looked at the other photos before making their report? If so, why didn't they catch the flower pot?

I'd like to know more about double exposure. Is this really something that can easily happen accidentally with modern cameras, or does it typically require intent?

Good points/questions. After this, if I was a believer in ghosts, these would be the last folks I would turn to to find out anything about them. No, there's really no such thing as an unintended double exposure, in the traditional sense, with digital cameras. I can't rule out a strange reflection (as described by Soylent Green Is People) causing something like this. I think I can rule it out in this case though. IMO you wouldn't be able to get that shot of the object, as it laid on the ground, without laying on the ground yourself.

T.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So has anyone attempted to obtain the original raw image or is everyone still trying to analyze a photoshopped photo?
It is not the original picture - as you can see - someone opened up an editing program and added text. Who knows if they added the "ufo" too?
I mean, I agree it could be double exposure - it happens.
But the original raw image is needed before legitimate analysis can be done - to rule out that the "UFO" was not photoshopped in.
Just my lil ol opinion.

Greeneyedleo.....

It's always a great pleasure to work with you on these things!

Please see the images & EXIF data below, as per my 1st post.

The EXIF data indicates the s/w utilised is "Option A20 V 1.00".

This is the s/w utilized as per the camera type "Pentax Optio A20" as per the EXIF data.

www.dpreview.com...

Notwithstanding I have shown how EXIF data can be edited…..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THE BEST CHOICE TO EDIT EXIF DATA IN IMAGES

”Opanda PowerExif is a professional tool to edit Exif data in images. As the best assistant to edit & modify images information for photographers, image pickers, PowerExif allows to edit & modify all Exif data freely”

www.opanda.com...

I cannot see a reference in the EXIF data to demonstrate the image has passed through Photoshop.

Or, have I missed something?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here’s the EXIF data I extracted.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The next pic should definitely close the case as to what the object is.

Taken from here.www.societyoftheunknown.com...

It has all the patterns and shape...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Aresh Troxit.....

Good work…..this case is 100% closed!

Your post covers off:

- The image issues

- My questions pertaining to EXIF data as posted above

- Confirmation by the person who took the photos

I have posted the original photos & confirmatory text as per the website:

The text underneath the photo states:

”This is actually a flower basket turned on its side. Somehow the camera superimposed it into the tree tops”

The text underneath the photo states:

”Disregard the red hue around me. I was experimenting with an infrared light in this shot. But it does show the flower basket in question down by my feet”

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

But how did the flower basket make it into the image? It somehow superimposed itself, yeah right. It's not even at the same angle.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

But how did the flower basket make it into the image? It somehow superimposed itself, yeah right. It's not even at the same angle.

How the hell should I know?

To quote the famous CaptainTyin'Knots.....

"Not my basket.....not my problem!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join