It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fertilizer purchaser could make bomb: Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

cnews.canoe.ca

TORONTO - There’s 1,625 kilos of ammonium nitrate out there and police preparing for the G20 summit don’t know where it is.

Police sources confirm a man purchased 65 of the 25-kilo bags of the fertilizer on May 26 from the Vineland Growers shop in Lincoln, in southern Ontario.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is interesting in anticipation of the g20 summit in Toronto on June 26-27.

What I dont understand is why it was brought to the public's attention over a week after it happened. Maybe they are hiding something?

Thats enough fertilizer to blow up something quite large!!!

Btw this is my first thread so I hope I did it right

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spewn

People want to bomb the G20 summit?

Well, I don't condone such violence.

Conversely, I don't denounce it either in this case at least.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i wish it would have happened.

i do condone violence. no ones going to stop until bodies start dropping, simple as that.

i mean really, do you think an oil tycoon sitting on a couple billion dollars gives a # of your opinion and is ever going to listen to you over the sound of his 14 high end cars? nope.

let the bodies hit the floor.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hope he puts it to good use!

Second line...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just heard on CTV news that he is a short stocky man who is missing fingers on one hand.

Lovely....bet he blew those off the first time he tryed to make a bomb.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spewn

cnews.canoe.ca

TORONTO - There’s 1,625 kilos of ammonium nitrate out there and police preparing for the G20 summit don’t know where it is.

Police sources confirm a man purchased 65 of the 25-kilo bags of the fertilizer on May 26 from the Vineland Growers shop in Lincoln, in southern Ontario.

Perhaps they should look on some farmers field. Seems like the most logical place to look first.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Perhaps they should look on some farmers field. Seems like the most logical place to look first.

Logical? We are talking governments here, correct?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I use to sell fertilizer for a now defunct fertilizer warehouse in the Central Valley CA. Selling 2 tons of ammonium nitrate isn't unusual. I don't know why this is news unless they are trying to point the finger at some "terrorist."

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Im afraid some of the posts above are sickening.

Thats awesome guys, so the people in power are killing people right? So you say kill more people. That will show em!

Grow up

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What is the big deal about now knowing where this stuff is??

Do you normally have to fill out forms saying where you live and how you intend to use this stuff?

This doesn't sound like a lot of fertilizer. I can think of many mundane places who could use this much.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Think about it.

1. That's enough to make a realy big bomb.

2. Yep, you need to fill out forms to buy it.

3. Not a lot, realy ? If your only need is to make a bomb, see line 1.

Knowing where this went is a good thing the way I see it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If it shows up in a ryder truck...

Ok, i won't go there, that would be rather tacky. Really though, how hard is it to find someone who buys 1600 kilos of the stuff? That's like 3500 pounds! Come on, it isn't going to be that easy to move it and you have to store is correctly too. Not to mention, I'm quite sure if the guy use a credit/debit card he'd be easy to find. The neighbors would probably notice that much as well. They might want to check his field though. Guy might have a hell of a soy field farm or something.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Business as usual.

The Canadian government is getting reamed over the fact that they are spending 1.2 billion (and counting) on the G8/G20 summits: 550 million of that is for RCMP security.

This story is nothing more than a distraction to provide a justification for the IMMENSE cost of this meeting. Cry bomb, maybe show some pictures of OKC for perspective and hope people will look away from the real story.

The latest revelation is that they spent 2 million creating a cottage scene complete with lake inside a convention center. Odd thing to do since there are real lakes and cottages in the region (they could have saved money by renting helicopters and flying everyone around what is nationally refered to as 'Cottage Country' a short distance from Toronto).

As another poster said, this has already been spread on a farmers' feild.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If could have been a farmer, or even an amateur gardener who purchased the fertilizer. Many people are growing food these days to cut down their grocery bills! I feel sorry for those who live in urban areas, and are not able to grow their own food.

So.....it could be a terrorist plot, or someone had a craving for organic veggies!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Something I didnt think of either was it could be a survivalist stockpiling.

I agree with the distraction comments though.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hahahaha
Hahahaha

Realy. Wow. The RCMP sure are losing their touch these days. We had the same story back west here in BC a few weeks before the Olympics. Right down to the same amount of fertilizer.

And yes, it ended up on a farmers field or some other such logical place.

The Olympics had a similarly obese security budget. You can find the story in the Vancouver Sun regarding the fertilizer and verify yourself, I have to go to sleep.

Bottom line, this is deliberate obfuscation on the part of the RCMP and the Government to justify the absolutely obscene security budget they shelled out to protect a cartel of rapacious murderers.

Obviously there was some mis-communication in the forces, and those out east were unaware the boys out west pulled this particular tactic a mere 6 months ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one

i do condone violence. no ones going to stop until bodies start dropping, simple as that.

Wether or not you agree with another persons position is no reason to condone violence. IMO, There is always a better approach to situations that cause you to suffer than to condone violence against your enemy.

Two old sayings come to mind; "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You" and "Those Who Live By The Sword Also Die By The Sword."

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just imagine its a home grown terrorist. His reason for bombing? Because they spent 1.2 billion for security. That would be tragic irony in every sense.

(Thinking about it, that is actually a small possibility. I know when I read the news article that the government in Canada was spending over a billion in security I was outraged, and I don't even live there.)

MBF

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I can get 8 tons of the stuff on a trailer to put on my fields. That is NOT an unusual amount for somebody to buy. Most places know the person buying the fertilizer so it would only be unusual for a stranger to buy that much and pay cash for it, then they still have to have your name and address.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join