It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am performing an experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In the next few weeks I will be conducting an experiment to prove a hypothesis I have concerning the attitudes and beliefs of people on this board. I will not reveal the hypothesis at this time, because the experiment will be single blind.

I expect anyone and everyone who reads this post at this time to find it cryptic. I am just posting at this time to "time stamp" my experiment. In the next few weeks when my experiment is over, facts will come to light.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OK then.

You are right, I find this cryptic. A bit more explanation would be useful, if possible.

If the intention of your experiment is to see who can be lured into posting in a thread about a vaguely-worded, ambiguous-if-not-downright-meaningless topic, well congratulations...you've just hooked at least one sucker (me).

[edit on 6/8/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Okey dokey. I was going to say "okay, then" but was beaten to it.
Sucker #2.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You've got my curiosity - sucker #3

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The people around here sure seem to love the facts so the good news for some is that they will eventually show up! I myself will just be curious to watch and see. I love a good mystery

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Actually, I was not attempting to sucker you in. I expected this thread to get no responses and to fall to the bottom of the page because it was cryptic. I was only going to revive it once my experiment was over in order to report my findings.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Your experiment didn't work on me. I didn't think your hypothesis contained enough information to make a judgment on it.

Just because you said the everyone should find the message cryptic, didn't make it so.

However, I do see where people tend to take the ball and run with it around here quite a bit when they shouldn't.

That's how fear mongering works.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I am not telling anybody my hypothesis. My experiment involves measuring people's attitudes. If I told everyone "I hypothesize that people on ATS hate dogs" this may influence comments people may make about dogs during my experiment.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ok. i look forward to your findings

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i bet this is about some kinda "jew" thing.
We allowed to make bets about what it might be?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

I am not telling anybody my hypothesis. My experiment involves measuring people's attitudes. If I told everyone "I hypothesize that people on ATS hate dogs" this may influence comments people may make about dogs during my experiment.

You don't have to say anything more, than you told everyone to find your experiment, cryptic, without providing details.

'Nough said for me!

I'm enjoying it though, and can't wait to see what other kinds of quesses you get by way of responses.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I DEMAND OUT OF THIS EXPERIMENT IMMEDIATELY

How dare you include me, you won't get away with this...

At least I knew the census workers were coming!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Has it started yet? My son used to do this from school. I turned out to be the only parent that would help him. Which was the actual test.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Quite interesting.

This may be fun.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

I am not telling anybody my hypothesis. My experiment involves measuring people's attitudes.

What kinda instruments are you using to measure their attitudes?
Will this report be in metric or imperial?
Can we have pics plz?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am guessing your experiment has to do with peoples attitudes at certain points in the thread.

Or, Certain times during the day will bring different attitudes.

Or, the pattern of different types of responses as the thread progresses. (example) 1st 10 posts:: Fans.. next 20 posts haters.. next 30 posts, hater and fan war... and the last 10 posts, people who found the thread 2 years too late and had to comment anyway.

Or, to prove that meaningless topic-less non important threads get way more attention than threads with actual relevant information.

Or, you are finding out when people are home on their computers by recording every ones time stamp so you can paint a picture and find patterns as to who is home when.

It is strange that now my response here is part of an experiment. I am now being experimented on. I guess that is better than not being part of an experiment.

Good luck experimenting.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.

Funny actually.

You wrote a thread with nothing in it... Yet I'm completely fascinated by it.

Hey
Snowsprite.

Was it a positive or a negative result ? You helping your son I mean.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is my last reply until I carry out the experiment, which will be several days, maybe weeks from today.

1. My experiment has nothing to do with how you respond to this thread today. So chill out. Although some of your reactions are interesting, nobody has proved or disproved my hypothesis by any of their posts.

2. If you do not wish to participate, that is fine. You just need to surgically remove the microchips I implanted in all your brains last night.
I am a fan of the environment, so please recycle them. But in all seriousness, those who will participate in the experiment are not going to be asked to do anything or forced to do anything. They just have to do what they would have done whether or not the experiment is in progress.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

"Hey
Snowsprite.
Was it a positive or a negative result ? You helping your son I mean."

very positive. None of the other parents wanted to bother with the homework - drawing a world map from memory. I failed the map, forgot India, but the test was whether or not parents would even try.

So I passed!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Every odd post is cryptic but I hope I stumble on it and am counted... lol

Mysterious.

A few weeks? Can you make it a shorter experiment?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join