It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol agent kills 15-year-old boy in Texas after rocks were thrown

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

I'm sorry, but if we want to fix the problem in the border we need to change things here first. And I mean with our government. Policies. NAFTA does absolutely nothing for Latin America. Nothing. Instead it's systematically making people slaves of corporations. An American company opens a factory in Mexico, while people here complain about outsourcing, do you think Mexicans are making the money you would be making?

Applause for your observation. Throughout all of this, most Americans refuse to acknowledge that the answers lies with our government officials if we really desire to take care of the issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by brainwrek

The biggest issue in all of this is if the agent shot into Mexico.

So it's less of an issue for you that rocks were thrown FROM Mexico INTO the US aimed at the US agents?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

So it's less of an issue for you that rocks were thrown FROM Mexico INTO the US aimed at the US agents?

Are you not one of those who scream about following the law?

Tell me, does a border patrol agent have the right to shoot across the border into Mexico because of rock throwing?

It all hinges on this as to whether the border agent was correct in what he did.

From the video, it looks like the agent had plenty of room to back up.

Now, look at the video and tell me what you think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as rock throwing, I don't condone it. It shouldn't be done.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Mexican Teen Killed on Border Was 'Known
Juvenile Smuggler,' Sources Say

Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereka was shot once near the eye
as U.S. Border Patrol agents on bicycles were "assaulted with rocks"
as they tried to detain illegal immigrants on the Texas side of the
Rio Grande.

Huereka was charged with alien smuggling in 2009, according to
sources who requested anonymity. Further details were not
immediately available.

"He is a known juvenile smuggler," a source told Fox News. He
was also on a "most wanted" list of juvenile smugglers compiled
by U.S. authorities in the El Paso area, sources said.

kind of gives it a new twist dont ya think ???

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Is it a new twist or somebody trying to make the kid look bad?

I just have to question if this really plays any role. The video appears to show the kid was on US side and the agent had a right to apprehend him regardless of whether he had a prior history.

However, the kid made it back to the other side.

The real question is if the agent had the right to shoot him from across the border?

Guess we will find out soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
sounds like a punk kid that should have been apprehended and held accountable for his crimes. shooting across the mexican border and killing the kid was still not the best solution. if he was a known juvenile smuggler why was he out of custody?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

By the way which COD
On X360 or wut? Gamertag?

First, on topic: Great story. I know that story very well. There are some in every society who crave "more". Not more stuff, but more intellect, more rational society, more logical peers. More.

I think this is the American dream. Some would not agree, but i don't want more money or more crap. I want more people who step up and act right. People who can make commitments and then follow through. Men of character. It is these people that make my heart ache. The ones who enjoy the septic society get no pity. But the ones who yearn for "more"....those are the ones that i care about.

This is a governmental problem. Both Mexico and the US have to get it worked out at the government level. You are right. Had this been done, this kid would not be in the position to have this happen to him, as Mexican authorities would have already taken care of it.

Off topic: I play xbox 360. We play MW2 right now, but have COD: WAW and COD 4. Gamertag is currently cS x zOmBi3 (my son picked it out...used to have it as "TheMagicalTurd", which i think is way, way better - for those who want a peek into my weird sense of humor away from this internet personality).

Currently i am 7th prestige, lvl 69 (almost there!)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Are you completely insane? Do you NOT think grapefruit sized rocks thrown at you from 60 feet can kill you, or at the very least render you a vegetable who's wife would have to wipe your butt for the rest of your life? I get the feeling reading your posts, that you're a racist who is standing behind your skin color before your country. Odd coming from a marine. This "kid" was a repeat offending coyote, and probably involved in the cartels. So much for mommy's little straight A angel, huh? If he would have maimed or killed the BP agent, he would have been a hero there, and protected by the corrupt Mexican government, guaranteed.

Funny, I don't see too much outcry coming from Mexicans when their cartels slaughter mass numbers of people, beheading and stringing up their bodies, to send their messages almost daily. But one BP agent gets caught in a tough situation and takes action to defend himself from mankind's first deadly weapon, and it makes the front page of every paper down there, with inflammatory headlines like "This is what Americans do".

I've heard rumors they are amassing down there handing out AK's and planning some 'revenge' on Americans, not sure if it's true or not. But if it is, things are gonna get interesting. I wonder who's side you will take...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Racist, huh.

Tell you what, look at this thread and see if you want to edit your post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also on page 1 of this thread

Based on the yahoo article, I would have to say the agent was within his rights.

Found this update

There is a difference between taking sides and trying to find out what really happened.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Then why are you seemingly still trying to defend this "kid" (who has likely taken lives himself)? Is it because light reflects the same off his skin as yours? Why else would it be? I live in Phoenix AZ, the center of all this. Legal hispanics take the side of illegals, in general, for no reason other than racial unity. That is racism in my book, if that's not the case with you, then I admit my haste to judgement. Only you know the truth.

What do you have to say about the corrupt Mexican cops wading across to the U.S. side, picking up the shell casing, and bringing it back the Mexican side hoping to frame the BP agent for crossing to the Mexican side. There is video of it, as well as the video of the actual incident that clearly shows him on the U.S. side trying to detain a man while having rocks rain down. Why were they trying to lie about where he was?

Seems they are itching for a larger conflict...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Do you NOT think grapefruit sized rocks thrown at you from 60 feet can kill you,

Sure they can. But your doing exactly what others are doing, assuming. Do you have proof of the grapefruit size rocks in this incident?

This is what i mean instead of trying to get to the bottom of the story, you rather just put more propaganda out there.

This "kid" was a repeat offending coyote, and probably involved in the cartels.

The smuggler part is an afterthought. At the moment of the incident, I don't believe the officer had time to identify. My friend confirmed this side of the kid. It shows he isn't what his parents thought.

If he would have maimed or killed the BP agent, he would have been a hero there, and protected by the corrupt Mexican government, guaranteed.

I have to disagree. Mexico has been cooperating quite a bit with the US and I doubt they would have wanted Uncle Sam on their back. What you are seeing from Mexico is an act they have to put on to show their people that they are standing up to the US.

I don't see too much outcry coming from Mexicans when their cartels slaughter mass numbers of people, beheading and stringing up their bodies, to send their messages almost daily. But one BP agent gets caught in a tough situation and takes action to defend himself from mankind's first deadly weapon, and it makes the front page of every paper down there, with inflammatory headlines like "This is what Americans do".

You make a good point here. But even you got to admit that most media from many countries would do the same.

Does the media really care about the kid or are they merely trying to sensationalize the headlines to sell more papers?

You should know how the media works.

I've heard rumors they are amassing down there handing out AK's and planning some 'revenge' on Americans, not sure if it's true or not. But if it is, things are gonna get interesting. I wonder who's side you will take...

Spreading rumors that only lead to fear isn't going to help this situation. As far as who side I will take, you need not worry about. I know who I am and what I stand for.

I get the feeling reading your posts, that you're a racist who is standing behind your skin color before your country. Odd coming from a marine.

Your feeling is wrong. I detest being called a racist. All I tried to do is to get people to question what really happened instead of jumping to conclusions.

Look at this thread and others like it and you will find many people slamming all Mexicans. In America, people don't call brown skin people Americans, they recognize them as Mexicans.

Then why are you seemingly still trying to defend this "kid" (who has likely taken lives himself)?

I don't know if he has taken lives, neither do you. All I know is he is dead.
As for defending him, I am not. All I have been asking is if he was shot across the border?

Furthermore, in many of my threads you will see where I have said cooler heads need to prevail. A lot of harsh words are being said about citizens from both countries and it is really uncalled for.

Legal hispanics take the side of illegals, in general, for no reason other than racial unity. That is racism in my book, if that's not the case with you, then I admit my haste to judgement. Only you know the truth.

Some do, some don't. The thing is that every time this illegal stuff comes up, Americans who are Hispanic catch hell as well from the authorities. Like I said before, people Americans who are Hispanics Mexicans.

My fight in this is that everybody blames and bashes the illegals instead of grabbing their gonads and making Congress do something about it. Ask yourself, what has Congress done since Healthcare?

I am not against border security or keeping illegals out, but many aspects of our government has cost us more than the illegals have. Yet, my fellow Americans seem content to let it keep happening.

What do you have to say about the corrupt Mexican cops wading across to the U.S. side, picking up the shell casing, and bringing it back the Mexican side hoping to frame the BP agent for crossing to the Mexican side.

I think they should be charged by the Mexican authorities. IMO, the agent isn't proud he had to kill this kid. That agent is going to have to live with that fact for the rest of his life.

There is video of it, as well as the video of the actual incident that clearly shows him on the U.S. side trying to detain a man while having rocks rain down. Why were they trying to lie about where he was?

The US should have released the video immediately. Now there will be claims of it being doctored. BTW, from the video I posted, the agent stayed on US side the entire time.

Seems they are itching for a larger conflict...

Mexico doesn't want conflict. They have enough with the US war on drugs they are fighting. Furthermore, they are changing to a US legal system to curtail corruption.

A lot going on that most don't hear on the MSM

[edit on 11-6-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
UPDATE:

kind of gives it a new twist dont ya think ???

Does it matter at all? I think not.

Because even if they're smuggling we don't shoot 15 year old kids in the head on the spot for it.

And on technical terms its obvious the agent didn't recognize him as such.
---
I think this thread just proves my original point because the people posting here sound exactly the same as the Israelis when they defend their soldiers for killing kids that threw rocks at them.

BUT HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO THROW ROCKS AT A US AGENT ON US SOIL, HE DESERVED TO GET SHOT.

Listen personally I don't blame the kid if he wanted to make a few bucks for his family.

Those of you faithful followers of the letter of the law can lock him up for it if you think its worth the time and money, but don't try to defend a cold blooded killing.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Sure they can. But your doing exactly what others are doing, assuming. Do you have proof of the grapefruit size rocks in this incident?

I'm not blindly assuming, I'm basing my ideas of what likely happened off of past incidents. There is a video out there right now of a very similar incident, where BP agents are apprehending one suspect, and several Mexican youth are holding rocks MUCH larger than grapefruits, threatening to throw them at the agents, who draw their weapons and those particular youths do not throw the rocks at that point.

We know in this incident they are throwing rocks, as a voice can be heard in Spanish from the person filming saying "they're throwing rocks!" I can't imagine them being pebbles, what would be the point?

The smuggler part is an afterthought. At the moment of the incident, I don't believe the officer had time to identify. My friend confirmed this side of the kid. It shows he isn't what his parents thought.

I'm sure you of all people know that when adrenaline is flowing, and you fear for yours or your comrades safety, time to clearly identify is scarce. And he was a repeat offender, how could his parents REALLY not know what he was involved in?

What you are seeing from Mexico is an act they have to put on to show their people that they are standing up to the US.

Their people are routinely murdered by the cartels, they're the ones they need to stand up to. Unfortunately, the cartels run the military down there.

You should know how the media works.

I agree with you there, "if it bleeds, it leads" as it goes. Just seems there's so much bleeding down there, this would be a non-story compared to the recent Juarez slaughter of a truly innocent teen's boxing party, by two truckloads of armed thugs who most likely had the wrong party. They wasted like 12 people, maybe more, for nothing.

Spreading rumors that only lead to fear isn't going to help this situation. As far as who side I will take, you need not worry about. I know who I am and what I stand for.

That's why I stated it was a rumor, I don't know if it's true or not.

Your feeling is wrong. I detest being called a racist.

That makes two of us. I've NEVER been one to hate anybody because of something as trivial as skin color. Living in Phoenix, I see daily the costs of illegal immigration, both to our city, and to the poor exploited souls being held hostage by coyotes and working for peanuts. It has NOTHING to do with latino folks who come here legally, or were born here. They are Americans, just like me.

Look at this thread and others like it and you will find many people slamming all Mexicans. In America, people don't call brown skin people Americans, they recognize them as Mexicans.

Dude, you have to admit, many call themselves Mexicans, even if they're born here. Give me a couple weekends hanging out in the desert or by the pool, and I'm darker than my latino friends, I always show them up with my darkness, and I'm "white". Personally, I wish skin color meant NOTHING. If we were at the border of Germany, and Germans were sneaking over here, and absorbing resources meant to help Americans in times of need, I would feel the SAME way. Yet, those of us who support stopping illegal immigration are compared to Nazis. My father and I saved a capsized boat full of illegals without life jackets, who couldn't speak english and did NOT want to talk to the rangers about recovering their boat. We didn't give a crap about their skin color, they were human beings.

I don't know if he has taken lives, neither do you.

Well, knowing how the cartels that recruit these smugglers work, since they've gotten fried out on meth instead of coke, it's a good bet he's killed. Either way, he was trying to kill that BP agent, why would the agent just want to kill in cold blood, after all the other chances he would have gotten and didn't?

The thing is that every time this illegal stuff comes up, Americans who are Hispanic catch hell as well from the authorities.

The bill in AZ is very clear, in that you must be pulled over or stopped in the process of violating a law, before you can be asked about your citizenship. The rhetoric about being pulled over simply for having brown skin is insane. We have ALOT of eastern europeans, as well as asians and middle easterners here, if they're not here lawfully, they will be subject to this law as well. A good percentage of our officers are hispanic, and living here in Phoenix, our population is very diverse as are our police.

I am not against border security or keeping illegals out, but many aspects of our government has cost us more than the illegals have. Yet, my fellow Americans seem content to let it keep happening.

I agree, our government is SO corrupt, this is just one of MANY things they will ignore because big businesses pay them to. The government doesn't run anything, corporations do, and they like the cheap labor. The Mexican government is even worse. We're sinking here in the U.S., while Mexicos unemployment rate is 4%. Most of the wealth and resources there are untapped, and owned by the elitists. They are happy to give their malcontents brochures and tell them everything they need is up here, which makes things better for the corrupt elite in Mexico, and worse for us up here, already struggling.

Mexico doesn't want conflict.

Well, I dunno. It seems pretty crazy that their police forces pulled weapons on our FBI agents trying to investigate the shooting scene. Don't kow if you heard about that, but there was a standoff that is almost similar to the demilitarized zone in Korea.

Anyway, I do take back my racist statement.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Don't worry about the statement. This is a hot debate and many things can be misinterpreted.

I forgot to mention one thing. Many media don't and won't report on the cartels because they are afraid of being targeted.

Rocks were being thrown and as I said in my thread, I can't say i wouldn't have done the same no matter which side of the border i was on.

I got a friend who is BP and tonight all was calm in the area he is at. Let's hope it remains that way.

BTW, I will look into that rumor see if my friend can confirm anything.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Well, I dunno. It seems pretty crazy that their police forces pulled weapons on our FBI agents trying to investigate the shooting scene. Don't kow if you heard about that, but there was a standoff that is almost similar to the demilitarized zone in Korea.

Mexican police live in an exceptionally violent place. Most cover their faces all the time in fear of their families being assassinated, so I’m sure pointing guns is the norm whether at FBI or not.

We will see since we tend to not take this kind of action lightly, looking from a complete outsider I think he could have gotten out of the situation without shooting, but what do I know, and I can’t put myself in his shoes.

Since I’m what you would call a rather hard person…if the kid wasn’t trying to sneak into America, or throwing rocks he would be alive today…..

On the side note, if Mexico got into a confrontation with us they would be so screwed....so no, I do not think they will, or want to.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join