It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol agent kills 15-year-old boy in Texas after rocks were thrown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

so he was in danger of his life getting pelted by life threatning rocks and your telling me he fired blindly and shot the 15 yr old kid twice in the head? this guy sounds like a regular johnny appleseed.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Ever heard the term double tap?

It matters.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

"A double tap is a shooting technique where two well-aimed shots are fired at the same target with very little time in between shots" wikipedia

so if the bp agent was trained well enough to use this technique he should have been smart enough to aim at the kids legs. why kill the kid? added fuel to the fire is all that did.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by buddhasystem

guns and bullets vs rocks. you are justifying those actions? calling me stupid? stick and "stones" will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

I don't believe you in the last bit, seeing your response.

all you people who justify the bp's response, i'm sorry that your life is so crappy and that the illegals have made such a negative impact on your life, but shooting a rock throwing 15 yr old is not the answer.

I happen to agree. What is the answer then?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by GenRadek

so he was in danger of his life getting pelted by life threatning rocks and your telling me he fired blindly and shot the 15 yr old kid twice in the head? this guy sounds like a regular johnny appleseed.

You should play Call of Duty with me. I have thousands of head shots, and not a single one of them on purpose.

Sometimes, right when the match starts, i will just chunk a grenade randomly as far as i can. Sometimes i get a kill. Sometimes i get a double kill. Once, i got a triple kill.

Such things happen. Random chance.

When my dad was a kid, he was playing BB gun war with his friends (country boys, back in the 50's/60's). My dad was in this big shed (cotton gin, actually), and this other kid was on top. Dad heard him up there and was looking, trying to see him. Kid accidentally pulled his trigger, and the BB went through a nail hole, perfectly, and hit my dad in the eye. True story, i kid you not. Rocks and BB's guns were his pet peeve when i was a kid, because freak accidents sometimes happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

"A double tap is a shooting technique where two well-aimed shots are fired at the same target with very little time in between shots" wikipedia

so if the bp agent was trained well enough to use this technique he should have been smart enough to aim at the kids legs. why kill the kid? added fuel to the fire is all that did.

because you never shoot to wound, and you never fire warning shots.

Legs have a bad habit of moving more than a torso or a head.

Moving target, under extreme stress= miss.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
reply to post by Pixus

Probably not pull out my hand gun and probably not shot the kid.
You mean to tell me that it's ok to kill a kid or any person for that matter because he or she is throwing rocks at you?

Thats why there is tasers and taser guns. Mace and pepper spray. Hell tackle the kid down if you need to but no your gonna shot him instead.
Sickening.

Peace!

I can only deduce that you have in fact been hit in the head with a large stone and survived.... but obviously with a trace of depreciated cognitive processes.

Hey, it happens. Most people just don't have a head that hard though!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

i hear a loud noise, i run towards it as fast as i can without thinking. why? all those years working the acute care/admission unit in a state mental hospital created a trained response that i have to consciously think about to override. even then, it is not like an OCD thing. I have to go make sure that someone hasn't just died.

I would suspect that with even the least amount of training, you would just do what came naturally. and i bet that a lucky shot is not unheard of.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

difference that it was a bp agent LEO he should have shown some discipline.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

He did. He only shot 1 kid and not more. He stopped the threat, exactly what he was trained to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

trained to kill a rock throwing kid? come on now! i'm arguing with some cold blooded people here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

you mean least bit. second question, he should not have fired a bullet across the border if that was the case. if not the case he should have fired a warning shot and or a shot at their legs. that would be plenty enough to scare off some rock throwing kids.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
my only question is why wasn't that little tards family billed for the price of the bullets required to lay down that swine. Shouldn't have been crossing the border or throwing stones at a US border agent which constitutes attacking the US, I demand a war and to take over all of mexico and turn it into a giant banana farm.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

excellent form! you helped prove your point. i'm sure you will get plenty of stars for your eloquent prose!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No, trained to stop a threat to life and limb.

The threat was stopped. Job well done.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm gonna clarify something here.
As all of you know border patrol agents belong to a union. You know why? because any little thing that they do they are NOT easily back up by DHS. That's When the union steps in to defend the action of the BPA.

When a BPA uses any means of force, baton, oc, tazer or PLS, they have to write a report explaining why they did what they did and if it's not justified they get in trouble. Imagine how much pressure are they in when they have to use a gun? They get investigated as if they were criminals to look for any fault so they could fire them. That's when the Union comes in to stand for the BP.

Of course, Mexico is going to go crazy when something like this happens but when The Border Patrols save dozens of people lost in the desert or mountains, dying from dehydration or starvation, or were bitten by a snakes or have fallen from a cliff ( and they have cell phone with them and they call 911 when they are in trouble), and the BPs risk their lives to get to the location fast, we don't hear that on the news and you don't see any mexican authority saying thank you for saving the life of one of my citizen.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Serve your country

www.blueservo.net...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This situation can be sorted with some Politcal sense surely... ... the people trying to cross into the USA arent exactly trying to kill Americans.... they aren't terrorists!!

Wanna bet? Ever heard of MS13? Mexican Mafia? The Latin Kings? I have. They all operate in this area. They aren't here handing out hugs and lollipops. I can pull out the Obituaries to prove it.

And that is the lucky ones. The unlucky ones get raped or tortured before they are murdered. Babies, too. Ask Oscar Cervantes. Cops, too. As Detective Stowers. I could go on, and this town only has 25k people in it.

Yes ok, i have heard of the drug cartels but what i was referring to was the other type of terrorist... the ones who want to blow others up by means of bomb equipment!!

Ok, well...... first its down to the Officers on the Mexican side to stop the flow of drugs and to stop the cartels..... then its down to the US to decide who can cross the border and who can't.... arent there enough border police to control the situation? from both sides?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Ok, well...... first its down to the Officers on the Mexican side to stop the flow of drugs and to stop the cartels..... then its down to the US to decide who can cross the border and who can't.... arent there enough border police to control the situation? from both sides?

Mexico's "police" are not enforcing anything other than the cartels agenda.

If there were enough folks protecting the border,we wouldn't have several million illegals living in America today.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Mexico's "police" are not enforcing anything other than the cartels agenda.

If there were enough folks protecting the border,we wouldn't have several million illegals living in America today.

Last I heard AR-15, M16, and almost all other weapons are taken from the US into Mexico. The cartels are better armed and better equipped than the police in Mexico. This is to ensure that Americans that buy drugs get their products safe and sound. Tell me what can an honest cop do in Mexico when he stops a guy for a traffic violation and the guy brings him to the trunk and opens up a cooler full of body parts from another officer? To add to that he tells him, "Arrest me but know the consequences for you and you your family." It happened to my uncle who is a cop over there. His 16 year old son, really bright kid could be going to MIT if he was on this side, has been stopped by these thugs several times and has been told... "We know who your dad is, and we know what he does, and we know you have 3 sisters, if you don't want anything to happen to them tell your dad to either back off or join us."

His dad is considering sending him over here illegally and asking my aunt to adopt him... you know so he'll be able to get his papers and be able to go to school and work and contribute to this wonderful society. Imagine how terrible and impotent my uncle must feel. Now imagine how many other families are in the same situation, or they cant buy food to feed their kids. You would round them all up along with the rapists and murderers and send them back.

I'm sorry, but if we want to fix the problem in the border we need to change things here first. And I mean with our government. Policies. NAFTA does absolutely nothing for Latin America. Nothing. Instead it's systematically making people slaves of corporations. An American company opens a factory in Mexico, while people here complain about outsourcing, do you think Mexicans are making the money you would be making?

By the way which COD
On X360 or wut? Gamertag?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join