It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol agent kills 15-year-old boy in Texas after rocks were thrown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRX85
[The body of the boy that was shot, he is clearly in the Mexican side of the river so I don’t know how he could have been of any threat to the border patrol officer. I only can see an excessive use of force and good aim from the officer.

If that is the body and those three guys are US border patrol then he is not on the wrong side, unless border patrol are now going into Mexico. That would also mean they are watching the US side with Mexico to their backs...I don't think they would do that.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Those are Mexican Federales, you can see the border patrol suv's behind the fence on the american side. The picture was taken by a local (Mexican) newspaper pointing north.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRX85

Those are Mexican Federales, you can see the border patrol suv's behind the fence on the american side. The picture was taken by a local (Mexican) newspaper pointing north.

If that is true then that puts this in a whole new light. First he will need to prove the real need for using his gun, such as a large group attacked him, and I don't see how he can justify shooting across the border for anything less than returning gun fire, and even in that case it would be used to get away from the area.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It was very sad to see the boy's mother hystericaly yelling at the border patrol as her son was just killed. Throwing rocks and hanging out by the fence is what kids do there. I was right by there when it happened. They shoot guys in Mexico, from the US, nearly every year. The are looks just like the area between North and South Korea. Two nations, building fences when they should be building bridges.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Children of America watch out! Apparently a lot of our citizens feel that throwing rocks is an executable offense!

Sorry but rocks thrown across the Rio Grande aren't in danger of killing anyone, especially a professional law-enforcement agent. If they guy was so close to being killed why didn't the other people "surrounding him" kill him after he killed the boy?

You'd really stand for it if a cop or a national guardsman shot your kid for throwing rocks at him?

I used to have rocks throwing fights as a child for god sakes.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

Let me get this right...you are equating your rock throwing fights with some fat little kid who can't throw straight.. to throwing rocks at the National Guardsmen and or Border Patrol Agents protecting a country? Good grief...case closed!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
Children of America watch out! Apparently a lot of our citizens feel that throwing rocks is an executable offense!

The days of working off that window you broke while playing childish games are over for now your crotchety old neighbor will just shoot you!

Sorry but rocks thrown across the Rio Grande aren't in danger of killing anyone, especially a professional law-enforcement agent. If they guy was so close to being killed why didn't the other people "surrounding him" kill him after he killed the boy?

You'd really stand for it if a cop or a national guardsman shot your kid for throwing rocks at him?

You have erected a strawman. A kid throwing rocks and breaking a window on accident is nothing even close to a young man throwing rocks at LEO while harassing them.

you fail.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Somebody proposed a no-mans land with landmines, which may also be a good idea. Less chance of altercation.

Come on now.... do you really want to start laying down 'land mines'?

I'd rather not. However, the situation does need a radical solution.

This situation can be sorted with some Politcal sense surely... ... the people trying to cross into the USA arent exactly trying to kill Americans.... they aren't terrorists!!

It's amazing that you never read how the Mexican way of entry may be favored by would-be terrorist attackers because of the obvious porosity of our border! And, leaving the proper terrorist aside, read this report from 2008:

Casey Wian: For the second time this year, the border patrol has uncovered a deadly booby trap apparently set by illegal aliens or drug smugglers. These pictures taken by agents Saturday evening 20 miles west of Columbus, New Mexico, show two wires stretched across a road along the border. According to the border patrol, the four and a half feet high wires had been pulled tight and set to a height as a means to clothesline agents or anyone riding on an all terrain vehicle or low profile conveyance. The agency says the road is used by drug traffickers and border patrol agents on ATV's and horseback. The wires were strung at dusk, which helped conceal them. A local rancher discovered the booby trap before anyone was hurt. However, there were nearly 500 attacks against border patrol agents from October through March, 47 percent higher than during the same period a year earlier.
Rep. Harold Rogers: I'm alarmed at the seeming war that's going on across that border in places between thugs in Mexico and border patrol and other U.S. agencies on our side.

It's a war and I'd rather us win, not them.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The are looks just like the area between North and South Korea. Two nations, building fences when they should be building bridges.

Why on Earth should be US building bridges to Mexico? There are already so many Mexicans here, that part of this country become indistinguishable from their motherland, which is cherished by traitors like Mr.Navarette. No need for bridges, thank you.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This situation can be sorted with some Politcal sense surely... ... the people trying to cross into the USA arent exactly trying to kill Americans.... they aren't terrorists!!

Wanna bet? Ever heard of MS13? Mexican Mafia? The Latin Kings? I have. They all operate in this area. They aren't here handing out hugs and lollipops. I can pull out the Obituaries to prove it.

And that is the lucky ones. The unlucky ones get raped or tortured before they are murdered. Babies, too. Ask Oscar Cervantes. Cops, too. As Detective Stowers. I could go on, and this town only has 25k people in it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You have erected a strawman. A kid throwing rocks and breaking a window on accident is nothing even close to a young man throwing rocks at LEO while harassing them.

you fail.

Got rid of it. Looks like you cherry picked the strawman, so what about the rest of my post.

You wouldn't mind if a LEO protected himself from your 15 year old child throwing rocks at him by shooting him in the head?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What i find strange is that the greatest amount of outcry comes from people not living on the border.

experiencing the issues really gives you an entirely new outlook.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix

Let me get this right...you are equating your rock throwing fights with some fat little kid who can't throw straight.. to throwing rocks at the National Guardsmen and or Border Patrol Agents protecting a country? Good grief...case closed!

So are you calling me a fat little kid? No actually I took quite a few bruises but I can definitely testify that throwing rocks at distance isn't threat of deadly force. Especially threat enough to justify shooting a freshman/sophmore in highschool in the head.

So many people in this thread read the original article and then form an opinion and stopped thinking, instead of branching out and looking at other information.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The are looks just like the area between North and South Korea. Two nations, building fences when they should be building bridges.

Bridges?

They should be building an impenetrable wall manned with gun turrets. Get the military out of that cesspool called Afghanistan and get them here driving back the illegals.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If my 15 year old son were threatening to kill someone by throwing rocks at them, and they were killed because of it, i surely would be upset. Just like if he were drunk driving and died. It would upset me to no end.

But i also know that he would be behaving in a way 100% contrary to the lessons i have taught him. And i also believe that the LEO has every right to make it home alive that night, regardless of how my child behaves. I also know that he would be hanging out in a place that i had forbid him from going, as the border area is no place for someone that i care about.

But, then again, if i were in Mexico my 15 year old would not be a child. He would be a man, as in the border culture of Mexico 15 is an age when you see lots of them having kids of their own.

I had a hard time reading the rest of your post because you opened up with a fallacy. FIrst impressions and all.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

What i find strange is that the greatest amount of outcry comes from people not living on the border.

experiencing the issues really gives you an entirely new outlook.

That's because it's easier for them to sit in a Starbucks in Seattle or NYC sipping a douchebag latte and wringing their hands about the border from behind their netbook...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix

So are you calling me a fat little kid? No actually I took quite a few bruises but I can definitely testify that throwing rocks at distance isn't threat of deadly force. Especially threat enough to justify shooting a freshman/sophmore in highschool in the head.

So many people in this thread read the original article and then form an opinion and stopped thinking, instead of branching out and looking at other information.

Was this person enrolled in high school, or are you making a mischaracterization? I find it hard to believe that he was enrolled in a school, and if he was i would wonder why he wasn't there recieving an education.

I can attest to how deadly a rock can be, based on the historical references of "stoning" being a means to execute someone.

Death isn't even the worst case scenario, either. Imagine a brain injury, where his wife would end up wiping his butt for him for his remaining days. That is far more likely than death, in my opinion.

This kid knew the risks of what he was doing. If he didn't, he likely should have enrolled in that fantasy high school you were referencing.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

you fail.

Got rid of it. Looks like you cherry picked the strawman, so what about the rest of my post.

You wouldn't mind if a LEO protected himself from your 15 year old child throwing rocks at him by shooting him in the head?

Good grief no..... not if he was sneaking across an international border and failing to follow instructions when caught! But then again, my kid is Army and trying to protect ur right to be ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmazingK

We should shoot anyone that tries to sneak across. If Mexico will shoot your ass when you try to sneak across their southern border then you better bet we'll shoot too. Close the border PERIOD! No one in or out. No vacationers, no business trips, nothing! Untill they get their # together and stop the drug cartels from comming across and creating madness and mayhem, we don't need their business. We don't need their cast offs. Yes I'm talking about posting a millitary presence on ALL of our borders. Canada too. Untill we can straighten out our own internal issues stay in or stay out. It would be like a lock in. If you want out you better do it before it gets locked down. If you want to sneak in feel free, but, if you're found here illegaly then back you go. No second chances, If you are dumb enought to try to sneak back in you get shot. no second ,third, fourth chances.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by pwrthtbe]

[edit on 6/9/2010 by pwrthtbe]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The days of working off that window you broke while playing childish games are over for now your crotchety old neighbor will just shoot you!

you fail.

I've read your posts you buffoon, and quite frankly I am unimpressed. You want to give the impression of being impartial because you are supposedly Hispanic, but I challenge you to show me an instance where the American public would condone the killing of a minor for throwing rocks, accidentally or otherwise. I seriously doubt the majority of the American people would agree with you.

A kid throwing rocks at law enforcement would be taken into custody not killed on the spot. It's funny how the people that cry out "We have laws" are the first ones to condone throwing them out the window for an agenda.

This is America!!!! We are civil here, the rest of the world may not be, but we are!!!!

[edit on 6/9/2010 by 3vilscript]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join