It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEADLINES, The People Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What if... yes I asked what if. What if we the people all stayed home one day? Headlines read, "The People Strike."

So many people are trying to come up with solutions on what to do about so many things.
We are mad about gas prices, we are mad about food prices, we are mad about government, the list goes on and on.

OK so you say there would be madness. Yep I have to say I pretty much agree, but what difference in that madness as opposed to, we had no choice madness? Like a shtf kind of madness? At least we would have a wee bit of control of this one.

Yep I'm guessing people would be a bit out of control and cause damage, but not as much as if say we were put under martial law or something similar.I think the numbers would be way higher then because the people would really really be mad.

If they planned it though and thought they had a tiny ounce of control about it to make a Statement perhaps it would have a different outcome.

So you say , but what about....? yes perhaps doctors and nurses may need to show up and yes maybe the police and fire for the maniacs out of control, but maybe we could give them a hand with the crazies, you know, like good neighbors used to do.

One day of no cars or buses on the roads eating up gas and spewing pollution. That in itself would be something I'm sure mother earth would love. I'm sure the Powers that be would hate it. They always say follow the money... well, if we aren't spending the money then what happens? The old hit em where it hurts I think, in the pocket.

Imagine one day to spend with your family, make a statement, and be peaceful about all in one shot. You could even BBQ to save that much more energy.

We are the little man, the sheeple as they so like to call us, but we are the ones that get them there, feed them, groom them, supply them,create their entertainment this list goes on as well. I think we need a vacation too.

So maybe one day doesn't convince them... so we do two days, or whatever it takes to let them know, we have had enough. STOP THE MADNESS.

If we dont do it our way, I fear we may end up having to do it anyway when push comes to shove, better to do it our way then theirs don't you think?

I know so many are going to run this into the ground and I know the idea really needs to be tweaked but gee, what if the people really rested on the 7Th day?

So this is my tiny little idea, speck that I am in the cosmos, to try and maybe make a peaceful change.

What say you?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I was a kid, back in the early seventies, I can remember a day similiar to this once a week, we called it Sunday. At least in small town Texas the gas stations were closed, what few stores opened did so for a few hours in the afternoon between morning and evening church, and they were few and far between. No Wal-Mart, big box stores, no traffic, most of the little world around me stayed home, took the day off.
Yes I know this isn't what you meant, that we should all not show up or leave the house even on a weekday, it just made me think of how much more the world chases the dollar now, and how times seemed simpler then. Not trying to de-rail, sorry.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have a question, how EXACTLY would a general strike help anyone that would strike? I mean really, the 75-80% who are actually still working would not be helped. Plus, the economy is already in the crapper, so how would it help? Might actually get you fired and replaced with people at a lower wage.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Many, many years ago, in Italy, the government decided they needed to raise the taxes on the gas.

Once done, the people, outraged, asked that the new tax be removed.

The government, in its great wisdom, said; No way!

So it is that the people answered; If by Friday the tax is not removed, we will go on strike!

Friday came and the tax had not been lowered, so at 3PM, everybody stopped the engine of the vehicle they were in and left it on the road and went home.

Would you believe that soon enough, the government not only removed the new tax, it also lowered the price, compared to what it was prior to the raise...

People will have weight when they'll get up and act, with finesse and intelligence.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Workable idea and one that wouldnt cause loss of human life.. Just a shame that the majority too afraid to do so.. easier for them to just keep complaining or playing armchair commando salivating over mindless violence and taking human lives.
Rather than following a course of passive action that would bring change without loss of life or senseless violence.

new topics

top topics

join