It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Reasons I Think Christians are Anti-Christs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ouch...

...turns the other cheek. Ok, go ahead.

May the Spirit of Jesus Christ fill you with His love, joy and peace.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

About God being an atheist, you can hardly blame it for that as He is the only one who doesn't need to believe in Himself as believing means "taking for truth without proof". And I do not believe God needs to prove Himself, to himself. We do. By believing in Him.

Really ?

Don't you believe in your self ? Or Do you ?
Why should God be different. We are made in his image.

The idea there is a law where he has to say he is the one God.

Are there other Gods ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

a product of christian democracies' governance:

I, (Esoteric Teacher), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The Fireman’s Prayer:

When I am called to duty, God
whenever flames may rage,
Give me the strength to save some life
Whatever be its age.
Help me to embrace a little child
Before it’s too late,
Or some older person
from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert
And hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently
to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling
and give the best in me,
To guard my neighbor
And protect his property.
And if according to Your will
I have to lose my life,
Please bless with Your protecting hand
My children and my wife

Two phrases, identical ingredients:
Trusty Fire Lord: alpha omega
all of our “the great pyramids”

firefighters cannot forget, we shall always remember
what happened to us on the eleventh of september

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

In my post, the word need was emphasized to mean that He, as you and me, each for our selves, do not need ( scientific ) proof of our existences, now, do we?

I believe in myself in the sense you mean. I understand that very clearly.

Our belief in Him, called faith, isn't the same as the belief to accomplish something. It's like comparing butter to margarine...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

you again?

don't you have something more interesting to do than direct internet forum traffic at topics you profess, indirectly, to have no interest in?

because it appears, from your actions, that you ARE interested; albeit in a clandestine fashion.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i think it is fair to point out these "perceivable" inconsistancies with some christians' logic, not that there is not some measure of truth in the christian dogmas, it just isn't a thing most christian leaders openly teach. besides, if they gave the last lesson, then who would come to church?

christians cannot offer absolute proof of where they come from
christians cannot offer absolute proof of where they are going

christians believe they can offer absolute proof that they know where it is we are...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Let's play a game. it is called monopoly.
you start off in jail, and i'll start off on boardwalk.

does this not present a parrallel comparison?
do you think i'm going to sell you, or give you broadway at any point?
will that somehow help me win the game?

I don't think that's a fair illustration, because you assume there has to be loss for one party for another to gain. In your comparison, if I understand it correctly, a Christian sharing Christ and what He's done causes them to lose something so that the person they're sharing it with gains something. However, this isn't the case at all; it's more like finding a spring that never runs dry and bringing as many people to that water source in the desert as you can because you have compassion for them.

The other way I could look at your illustration is that the Christian is the one in jail and the non-Christian is the one on boardwalk. In this scenario, the belief would be that the Christian is trapped and incapable of living life while you live it up and wouldn't want to share anything of boardwalk because you wouldn't want to give someone else an advantage or some help to beat you in the "game" (life). If that was the intention, I think it addresses a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. And of life, for that matter.

First, there's this idea that Christians are miserable, can't live life, etc. because they're in this prison of religion. This is completely untrue, though. In the very Bible it says, "All things are permissible." It says we (Christians) can do all things because the sacrifice of Christ covers it. It does go on to say, "but all things are not beneficial" in the same verse. To believe that this is untrue of folks outside of Christianity is foolish. So many people rebel and decide to do things that get them into a prison of their own based on those decisions. Taking heroin, for example -- after you get onto that bandwagon, it can kill you to get off. You're stuck there. Anorexia -- it becomes an addiction that can kill you. Tobacco, alcohol, and even money can all have the same effect.

Second, there's also this idea that pastors, priests and other leaders of a church are super greedy and the congregation is just plain gullible and seeks to buy its way into heaven. Again, this is a misconception. Misers are not happy people. They hoard their money and think that everyone is trying to steal it. Folks who give generously and never attach a "I'm gonna win at life by having the most" mentality to their finances tend to be significantly happier. Money can be an addiction, just like anything else. The whole idea of tithing is, in part, a reminder to me and others that, in the end, I'm not taking any of this stuff with me, so why have such an attachment to it.

As to church leaders being greedy bastards seeking to milk you for every cent... Well, if that were the case, why wouldn't there be a cover charge coming into the church? Most churches have a mortgage. Most churches that have their own building have a full time staff. Most churches have to maintain that church when things break or pluming backs up. Most churches ask their leadership to work for the church full time instead of having a full time job on the side. And most churches give a significant portion of their funds to other organizations spreading the same message. In America and the West, doing all of these things is not cheap. You're not going to get someone to quit their job and work full time as a volunteer if their family's going to starve as a result. Are there folks that take advantage of this and milk people for all they're worth out of greed? Of course -- there's slimeballs in every organization everywhere who see something as a chance to make money. Does that mean that everyone does? Nope.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Gotta laugh at this post.

So, Christians are against themselves?

Oh please.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

As to church leaders being greedy bastards seeking to milk you for every cent... Well, if that were the case, why wouldn't there be a cover charge coming into the church? Most churches have a mortgage. Most churches that have their own building have a full time staff. Most churches have to maintain that church when things break or pluming backs up. Most churches ask their leadership to work for the church full time instead of having a full time job on the side. And most churches give a significant portion of their funds to other organizations spreading the same message. In America and the West, doing all of these things is not cheap. You're not going to get someone to quit their job and work full time as a volunteer if their family's going to starve as a result. Are there folks that take advantage of this and milk people for all they're worth out of greed? Of course -- there's slimeballs in every organization everywhere who see something as a chance to make money. Does that mean that everyone does? Nope.

Just wanted to state that in the Mormon religion ALL folks are NOT paid to serve what is called their "calling" and do not recieve any type of payment from offerings. This includes the pastors, teachers, and staff of the organization. That being said, they do collect to help support the facility in which they all amass to worship, the rest go to communities in which they live and help sponser their missionaries. Now Im not religious to any extent, but I just thought this should be pointed out, cause it is possible for priests and church workers to opperate without funding.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yup: I have to agree with the OP. Why? I happen to attend mass at a local church! Whooiee! Lots of gossips. And the bickering? Lots going on behind the scene. Basically, Christians are nutters, which is why they need to `serve their Lord` first before anyone else, which is mostly themselves - their egos and a weakness of humanity - to believe in anything, something to justify their existence on this god-forsaken planet.

6. Christians are nutballs. (Enter creative examples here...) They find peace and salvation with their Lord and forget about being humans.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is it just me or are Atheists starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

LAME / SNORE

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturaltoBelieve
Is it just me or are Atheists starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

LAME / SNORE

Better to have to scrape the bottom than hold on to an empty one....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Which is different from other folk because other folk...

Don't gossip?

Don't judge?

Aren't nuts?

Granted, Christians have a higher standard than a lot of other folks, but (hopefully) are clear that they're not saying they have achieved that standard. They're human, but they're seeking something greater, something that can't be achieved by humans without the Holy Spirit.

So, I have to ask, are you part of a group that doesn't gossip, doesn't judge, and doesn't hold some ideas that the media (typically what we consider the norm of society, ironically) wouldn't find nuts? If so, how many weeks have you been a part of that group (meaning, you don't know them very well, yet...)?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by westlink

The church I'm a part of currently operates like this. It works, but the pastors are starting to burn out -- they work 80 hours a week. 40 on the job that sustains their family, and 40+ sustaining the church. It's possible, but if it's not necessary, I'd rather my pastor not have to work a second or third full time job. He's still human, and that human requirement for sleep and relaxation are going to catch up with him.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

While I agree with you, isn't the whole point to be able devote yourself to God and let Him/Her/It take care of the regular day to day things? I believe the phrase is; "Put your faith in God, and all things are possible" I would think that covers things like bills that a second or third job would have to cover... especially when it comes to a teacher spreading His/Her/Its Word.
Ahh but here is where it gets sticky cause we all live in the real world where things like God paying for all your bills, lets face it, most of the time, doesn't happen.
just my 2

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by westlink

Actually, there are many scriptures along those lines. Psalm 34:10, for instance:

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

and Romans 8:32, for instance:

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

So, yeah, we can depend on God for all good things. But... Who are we to dictate how God does that? Would you be surprised to find there are specific means God stated in His Word for dealing with Church leaders, pastors and priests?

Like the massive amounts of scriptures on that subject, so, too are scriptures saying those who teach you the Gospel or God's word should live by God's Word. Remember the Levites -- the priests from Exodus who were told they would get no land, but instead would dedicate their lives to God and teaching of God. As a result, they got 10% of all the land had to yield from those who owned land.

Then there are verses like this explicit passage from 1 Corinthians 9:7-12:

Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat of its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink of the milk? Do I say this merely from a human point of view? Doesn't the Law say the same thing? For it is written in the Law of Moses: "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain." Is it about oxen that God is concerned? Surely he says this for us, doesn't he? Yes, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they ought to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? If others have this right of support from you, shouldn't we have it all the more?

You can be upset that a pastor is taking some of the money from a church. It reads like the Corinthians were. However, you can't use the Bible to support that anger. The Bible states time and again that the pastor is to be supported by his flock, paid for the work he does.

Are we to tell God His way was greedy and, instead, He should do it another way?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
While I feel this topic has been done to death, the "Christians" on this site are full of #.

They continually judge what others think, if it is indeed outside what they have been taught.
Being judgemental is VERY anti-Christian, therefore these people are full of #.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Again, not disagreeing with the idea of being supported by others to serve, but the problem is that some (not all, mind you) see it as a service to get paid. See the difference?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was a single apostle paid? I know they were supported by those they served to, but they barely got by on the material things. No fancy clothes, some didn't even have a home... think John the Baptist. Again, just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hi junglejake.

I have a comment on something you said.

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Well. I have to say that He basically did Jesus a favor getting him back into heaven.
Return to Him. He gave up His son to be on the Earth.

I was once told by another member something I really agree with.
The message from Jesus was to help and love others. As we failed to do that for him and even celebrate His sacrifice ( Not so big considering He goes to a place of eternal bliss. ) We are continuous celebrating our own failure. Where we were supposed to do the opposite. We still do the same thing where we should be willing to sacrifice our selves helping others.

Kind regards

~ SK

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join