It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man busted by traffic camera gets unique revenge on police department

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Raustin

The city where I live is removing them. No one was paying, so they were losing money. lol

And yes, T-Bone accidents decrease, but rear end accidents increase dramatically do to people slamming on their brakes.

Studies have shown that simply increasing the yellow light sequence reduces red light accidents.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So, the guy has cost them revenue by forcing them to re-create their domain with another name. It's the perfect revenge and in this case besides embarrassment it will certainly cost them more than they gained from this traffic offender. Maybe I'm blind but I didn't see a link to what the original cop site looked like - I would of liked that.

reply to post by HunkaHunka

In my state they've reduced the yellow light time when installing the red light cameras in order to generate more tickets per intersection.

So, people who have memorized the light timing sequence got caught, because the timing was changed for the purposes of tricking them in order to generate revenue. Nothing about safety there.

It's all about deception and revenue collection.

When a well marked police cruiser sits near the highway people slow down, so instead the police sit in unmarked cars so nobody slows down in order to generate revenue.

Just lies & deception in order to steal more of your labor.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Humans are not perfect.

When coming up to a green light that just changing to a yellow, some people wonder if it is better to speed up 5-10 MPH and "make it", or slam their breaks.

The decision taking process usually leads me to run it.

Keep in mind, theres is about a one second period where all inter sections are red. Maybe more.

I find it safer to sometimes rush through a light.

These are not laws to make people safe. They are laws to increase revenue, specifically the speed cameras.

Running a light could be of just a fraction of a second too...

Now, if someone runs a REAL red light, not one that is in the process of changing, then send the ticket their way.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
EXCELLENT police prob. eating donuts hahahaha

policeman is not your friend I have 3 tickets in year for crap fight all 3 win 2 lose 1.

JBL>fat police for now

nice article

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

Well I agree that they are there to increase revenue, but I doubt they actually cause accidents. In what way do you think they cause wrecks?

Actually this guys site linked to an article that answers that question:

Rear-end collisions jump at red-light camera intersections in West Palm Beach

Rear-end accidents sometimes go up with cameras because anxious drivers are more likely to stop abruptly.
And in the case of W. Palm Beach, rear-end collisions DID go up! So did total accidents!

I've read several stories by people who got nabbed with these things that claim they weren't at fault, that happened to my brother. One guy's story that was particularly credible pointed out to the DA that the photo that was mailed to him had 6 cars in it and they couldn't even tell which car was his! So they let him off.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i tell everyone who gets a fine from those, to send a picture of the amount of money you owe to the police department.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is so awesome!! It's always good to see any agency with too much power brought down to reality.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder if they have bluffcitypd.com painted on all their squad cars....

Apparently a few of these tickets were sent to me in Arizona, but i never got them ...i dont stay in one state for very long these days.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Haha...if you wanna beat the man, you gotta be the man. Our states revenue is horrible, I'm surprised they don't have cameras on the old dirt roads as well...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh jeez, I missed that link. Thanks for pointing it out.

2nd

Ex

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My Hero!!!
( second line for unknown purpose)

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
The man's speeding so it's his fault. I can't see why he should extract revenge when he's in the wrong in the first place.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Unregistered]
it's not conventional speeding. it's attempting to beat a possibly illegal flash when you enter the intersection when it's a yellow light. YELLOW DOES NOT MEAN STOP. if they are going to have these damn things, program them to only get people who cross AFTER it turns red. this just causes people to either speed thru a yellow faster or slam their brakes on.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The article is actually about a man caught by a speeding camera, not a red light cam. I consider speeding cams to be a little less evil than red light cams.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandro
Reply to post by ShadowArcher

Aye, you are absolutely right! People seem to think the speed limit is more of a guideline than a rule. If everyone would obey it, we would not even need the cameras. But no, people want to get somewhere 10 seconds earlier and be irresponsible, therefore we have the cameras. I was at a restaurant last week and next to us were these guys basically bragging about the speeding tickets they got. These kinds of creeps are the reason people die everyday on the road. It just boggles the mind on the carelessness of some people.

These are probably the same careless neanderthals that don't know what a turn signal is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Sandro]

nice job defending those things there is no proof of them preventing accidents, but there is proof of them raping american pocket books because this country cannot budget

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

The article is actually about a man caught by a speeding camera, not a red light cam. I consider speeding cams to be a little less evil than red light cams.
wait so now we have speeding and red light cams? what's next? they will find a way to watch us in our own homes and fine us there?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It honestly wouldn't surprise me too much. I think they already do that in the UK for people under house arrest or neglectful parents or something. It's creepy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Well thats your belief and I can respect that but I disagree. Personally I'd prefer to go slower than faster purely because of the unpredictable nature of other drivers and you never know what can run onto the street. Where I am if you're on a dirt road or outback (australia) its free for all, I'm fine with that since you see about 1 or 2 other cars a day out there and you see the dust from a mile away. I guess we take different views of the law, maybe im too trusting of law makers (although I do agree police can be corrupt, but on this issue im strongly for tough penalties for speeding and such).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
this sounds like something I would do. but the American People have seen too many episodes of Cops... and most will send the money anyway.

my research into the subject here in Florida.
the city does not own the camera's - a company in AZ. does and
splits the proceeds with the pOLIce. merger of corporate and state powers. totally illegal in a Republic.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If i could put a star in one hand and a flag in other of this bloke i would. Good stuff!

Second line..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anti-evil2

I am pretty sure that the same company does the traffic cams for WA and CA as well. Perhaps it is time to buy a domain name???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join