It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all, I'll be honest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hello all,

I find this forum quite intriguing, have been reading for a while, and I hope to contribute when I can. However, I'll be honest... I don't believe in like 95% of the stuff I read here.
But I like to keep an open mind, so I won't be a "mindless debunker", even though I believe in healthy discussions from all points of view.

I'm mostly interested in science, UFOs, psychology, religion and "new age" topics.

What else... 28 years old guy, living in UK now and, as per my username, I like computer programming.

Cheers,

SfB

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, SfB. Dont let the overwhelming amount of information posted, discussed, reposted, and duplicated on here get to you. I have found as much truth and eye opening material here as I have found junk.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Segfault Bug

Hello. I don't believe about 50% of the stuff I read here, but you may want to stray away from UFOs and new age stuff to get to the halfway point. Look forward to some healthy discussion in the future.
Good luck.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Welcome Segfault Bug !

There is quite a spectrum of opinion on ATS .Some need a lot more proof than others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas for threads yet ?

Your into computer programming and such ...

What do you know about cellular automata ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 8-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks all for the welcomes.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Any ideas for threads yet ?

Your into computer programming and such ...

What do you know about cellular automata ?

It's interesting, but I know very little about it. :/ I've read some works a few years ago where astrophysicists used that to simulate solar corona effects and such, but I didn't get into detail. I do work with data analysis, but more with spatial distributions, currently using voronoi tessalation. Anyway, those are not really the kind of topics I expected to discuss in ATS, hahaha. But thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I don't believe in like 95% of the stuff I read here

I'm mostly interested in science, UFOs, psychology, religion and "new age" topics.

Holy dichotomy.

Welcome - there is a poop load of information here on just about every worthy topic out there, so enjoy.

*edit for duplicate word

[edit on 8-6-2010 by facelift]

new topics

top topics

join