It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 0.1c - Deepwater Disaster

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Both of you are going to put the pazzaz in conspiracy, bravo on the first installment of what promises to be the best watched show on the planet!

I am hooked already and am excited to call you my friends!

This is only going to get better and better, keep up all the hard work and congrats to everyone involved in production too!

ATS, you rock!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well CNN just broke it, the government actually admits that the spill rate is more like 40k barrels a day, they say before the last capping operation

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Pretty cringe-worthy if I'm honest. I appreciate what they're doing but to me this seems so ridiculous that ATS would take this cheap angle.

I'm old enough to remember "The Daily Show's" first season on Comedy Central. And i remember having similiar opinions to what you have stated about that show. Now look at what happened to the Daily Show. They helped launch a few careers, and even have an offshoot brother/sister program with "The Colbert Report". And let us not overlook the quality of guests they have on their programs. I personally know some people who depend on those shows as much as they do other news organizations.

Long story short, if i learned anything from my past misjudgements....

I'm not ready to count [color=pinnk]The Conspiracy Chicks down and/or out yet. This format has some promising potentials, i think.

Everyone else seems to love them but more fluidity and clarity is definitely needed IMO.

Now there is a good example of constructed criticism. Identify a specific thing that may need improvement, and honestly share some feedback. it isn't an abrasive or belittling comment, rather an observation/opinion shared in good fashiion.

Although i may dissagree with the clarity part, a little practice and few more installments and i'm sure you will see them find their bearings. Practice makes them better. Remember, this is a new thing for them.
And they will find their groove, or should i say improve their groove.

If it has any merit at all, and ATSers experience can become better because of their efforts, we should not only allow it, but support it. And they will find their groove, or should i say improve their groove.

I hope I don't get a censor on the comment, it is my opinion after all...

I don't think you said anything in a rude fashion. maybe the "cheap angle" thing, but as far as i know you might be referring to the projects budget.

thanks for sharing,
E.T.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
to anyone claiming it's making ATS tacky...i have a question:

Conspiracy theories, in and of themselves, are tacky...how in the world can you make your assumptions so modestly?

The conspiracy chicks are bringing a main stream approach to an underground topic in an effort to attract the masses and educate more people

at least thats how i view it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

In my humble opinon, a superficial post to a really serous problem.

These "Conspiracy Chicks' are nothing more than ATS selling out to the TPTB for glory.

Proving yet again, everyone has their price.

I'm not impressed.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Showing a little flesh can't hurt can it? Heh heh heh.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Originally posted by GakunGak
I just loooove that sexy British accent...

And Ash's HOT!
[...]

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
[...]I think I'm in love.

[...]

Originally posted by poet1b
Always go with hot chicks. What avatars are they using here on ATS?
[...]

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Great jobs ladies!
Luv both the accents, makes a man melt

[...]

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Woot..hot damn..

uh..can i say hot damn on here?

Originally posted by network dude
great job ladies. Ya'll aren't hard to look at in the least bit. [...] That accent is too sexy. I love it.

No offence Johnny, but given the choices.............

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by St-Patrick
Not bad for a first show. I would suggest recording it in 720p resolution.
Good job ladies !

YEA! with more skin........wait, was that out loud?

Sorry.

Originally posted by St-Patrick
[...]
The Chicks are both sexy

I can't decide witch one I would marry !

They both have something special

I still don't know what it is !

Just curious - because this kind of thing is going to be more prevalent the bigger this gets. What are your opinions on comments like this? (This is directed at AshleyD and asala(Julie) as well as admin and mods, and other members also).

Just brought this forward, because AshleyD and asala are yet to respond - and I wanna bring attention to this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I wasn't that impressed I must admit, chicks look great and are both very attractive but as far as presentation is concerned, they both looked like they were sitting on a hot fry pan. I live in Japan and teach English to about 100 children and 20 adults and I was hoping to be able to use the reports for conversation lessons with the adults as I wish to teach English but I want to educate them at the same time, but I'm sorry to say, Julie's pronunciation and clarity of speech are too muffled and both sounded very monotone.
I hate to say it but I lost interest in listening fairly quickly. I am aware that this was the first show and both chicks are still in a massive learning curve and I will be interested to see how things progress but I won't be holding my breath.
I would like to leave on a positive note and that is I thought the graphics were very good and the overall news content was very relevant and I will be keeping an eye out for the next show.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think the ATS news videos I have seen before were much, much better. Why go this route?
I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't understand some of the words the one chick says (you know who I'm talking about), and it just seems overall sloppy. The pace is really slow. Watching this , IMO, was like mentally masturbating with sand paper. Sorry girls. I just didn't think it went well. Nothing personal against you. It just couldn't keep me interested. I think I'd rather just read the threads. Good luck in your future videos, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Edit- Deleted...felt this reply was unnecessary.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by FoJAk]

[edit on 6/11/2010 by FoJAk]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry but this post is spam. I needed to post this spam in order to reach my profile page. MyATS page does not link you so one selfs profile. The home page does not either. It seems this spam was generated because this human cannot find the link to edit his profile.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All I had to do was Post a spam post, click my name, then press Edit info.

The only way to edit your info is to click on your post status AFTER you post? Please make a button for profile edit. ATS is becoming like youtube and im getting sick of it. Add that to your next video.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok ... I really need to say something here.

AshleyD and asala are not some disconnected or unfeeling borgs or robots ... can we please keep that in mind when we make comments?

Some of you are speaking of them as if they cannot read this thread and/or as if they do feel the pain from your words.

You want to criticize the concept, fine ...
You want to criticize the format, fine ...
You want to criticize graphics, fine ...
You don't like it, fine ...
Whatever your issue is, that's fine too.

But here's an idea ... grab a camera, film yourself doing what you think it should be like, edit it, and submit it as a demo.

You think this is easy?
You want to show us your diction and presenter skills for ALL to have an opinion on?
For free?
For the love of the site?

Will you take the time an effort to volunteer all that?

I'm not telling you not to provide constructive criticism ... but please try walking in those shoes before you do, or at least attempt to put yourselves in their place.

Because this is what I am doing right now, not because the girls need anyone to defend them, but because i sit here trying to picture how I would feel if I had to sit in their seat reading some of the comments I have read on this thread. And no matter how "prepared" I was for them they would still be hurtful.

They are doing their best, they are just getting started ...

How about backing off for a freaking minute and show some kindness and respect ... or god forbid some appreciation for even having the guts to try?

Please?

[edit on 10 Jun 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
S-Dog is right....Constructive criticism is one thing, and I believe ATS supports that...in fact, I know it

But, does everyone realize these 2 Ladies are volunteering their efforts in their free time?

Does everyone realize it ain't easy getting in front of a camera like this?

I went through some training last year with some CNN employees, in order to be prepared to be a corporate spokesman for the business I worked for...I was a radio station DJ in high school and college.

Media is not easy. It's quirky and takes lots of practice. You have to be ON when the camera is on, it takes nerves...

I expressed my opinion on the first video some pages back. It's nowhere near perfect but the good news is there is lots of room to improve

Have some respect for respected members....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I haven't read all the comments, so I don't know how mean or inappropriate some have been, but when you put yourself in a public forum, what people think is what you get. This "holier than thou" attitude of, well put yourself in front of the camera, is very childish. Most of us know our limitations and skills. I know I probably wouldn't be great doing news in front of a camera...so guess what... I don't do it!! I If I did and I sucked, I would expect people to give me the shaft. Let's be realistic here. If you put yourself out there, you're going to get judged. And I have yet to see any of these women respond. I think their skin might not be as soft as some people here think. While I didn't appreciate the show much, the fact that I haven't seen the two women whining like some other people on here gives them a lot more respect in my book.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I thought they did a great job, sort of like a cnn for conspiracies and the girls are just like two newsreaders reading off the latest stories. This can only help recruit more people to alternative news as the show has a very mainstream appearance, not that thats a bad thing. And I dont know about you all but girls who know their conspiracy stuff are kinda hot, I wish my girlfriend was into this stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It would help if one of the announcers did not have a Lisp. I understand she has been taught and trained to avoid is. TO BE HONEST. I would be able to understand her more if she used her Lisp, instead of trying to mask it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Just for the record, they both have responded throughout this topic..
..that is all!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So why exactly do we here at ATS need t he conspiracy chicks? as i sit here now, i am easiy able to think of at least a dozen women on this site who deserve to be conspiracy girls.. the ones on the top of the page jut look sooo artificial with all the airbrushing, makeup, and skin smoothing in photo shop, that and they are in themselves pretty scary looking, and what exactly are they meant to be doing here on ATS.. can other members here clue me in please?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I can't just sit here and say “Great job fellas” on a presentation that was actually very weak. Firstly, its bad form to use a spokeswoman who has a terrible lisp and a heavy distorted English accent on a video. The woman is a decent person I can see that, but lets get a little damn professional and real, ok? I barely understood half of what the hell she was saying. What the hell happened to the Johnny Anonymous news clips? There was not a damn thing wrong with them. You have grossly overestimated the “Chick appeal” when coming up with this latest failure.

Graphics, fine, except that the camera angle stayed frontal focus dead center shooting even though a sidebar was introduced to the view (the story window). What the hell? Johnny never made that mistake. What was he too pricy for ya? You thought a couple of younger chicks would get more views? Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

The technical errors here in this one clip are too many to even list. As a former graphic designer for a newspaper I can clearly see that your dialog was not even look over once completely, let alone twice. Word choice usage was the same as the propaganda ministers from the government. You constantly used terms like “Oil Spill”, “Leak”, and “negatively impacted”. What the hell over?

Did you do one ounce of actual investigating? Or did you take all your material from the posts of your members? Your broadcast sounded like a cheap attempt to rehash the same apologetic, big business friendly, mass media propaganda

“Some fear that it is not enough resources” (in reference to stopping the oil disaster). Are you out of your mind! Of frigging course it is not enough resources! Who's side are you on for crying out loud?

Do I need to say a word about microphones? A lapel microphone is 20 damn dollars. Buy one!

I'm going to stop here, but just to let you know I could go on for a while about how crappy, one sided, and mass media friendly this broadcast was.

I am sorely disappointed ATS, shame on you!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ok tough guy, i will do exactly that and show you what I can do. but considering that I all ready proposed a business deal to ATS about video content and they have not answered me, then i will say that, no, most likely i will only post one video.

Its pretty sad to say to others, give it your best shot! when you are getting financial support for your efforts and we are not. but thats ok, i have the full Adobe suite and yes, i can make a better video, and i will.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join