It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 0.1c - Deepwater Disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's good for a Beta ladies, very nice first effort!

However, it seemed slightly on the long side. Just for comparison I went back and looked at a little sampling of some of the Johnny Anonymous segments and they seemed to average about 12 minutes which is long enough and seemed to be about the right length. I agree with others that the thread recap could have been a little briefer so maybe that's one way to get the time down if others feel it was a little long too.

I'd probably be a little nervous myself doing my first recording like this so don't worry about that, even if you don't get rid of the butterflies in the stomach, you'll have them "flying in formation" as they say, in no time, with a little more practice and experience.

I look forward to seeing the next one but I do hope either the length is a little shorter, or if there's really a need to make it longer, the contents are juicy enough to justify it.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wow, the conspiracy chicks are good looking and smart too!

Good production for a first time. Minor suggestions, would be to include shorter presentations, maybe don't move your body/shoulders as much.

Overall great job.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

What happened???
Is it just me here in the desert or what?

Started watching, I put it on hold to finish buffering, read some posts, came back and the video was removed!!

Help! It was good, though, of what I got to see.

Thanks,
Tom

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

It hasn't been removed. Must be a computer glitch on your end. I just redownloaded it and it's still fine.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Great show- Actually taught me something interesting! James Cameron has a private fleet of submarines... WTF?

lol But, seriously, guys, good job. Sound is a bit crackly, but I'm sure you'll get that figured out soon enough. Once you settle in, I think you could have a very good thing going, and make the best site on the web even better.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Congratulations on a great beginning ladies! You did a wonderful job!

Your backdrops are great, the art overlays are beautiful, and the text font you use is attractive and large enough for me to read even when I don't enlarge the video to take up the whole screen!

I think the body movements were distracting only because the camera angles were too tight; if you use some wide angle shots then we could see your "body language"/"talking hands". For me that would make it feel more intimate, like you were really speaking to me! John Stewart and Rachel Maddow are good examples of that style; they really use their body language to effectively communicate individual points. When Rachel Maddow puts her pen on the paper and underlines or circles things as she reads them it adds a nice emphasis and lets me know she thinks that point is very important! It would have the added benefit of allowing you to use overlay text to emphasize your point!

Huzzah!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Nice one

Great way to wake up, eating my breakfast and watching you two gals on the show

Viva la chicks!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Julie.. nice work! Love the English accent!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Not bad, not bad at all...

Great first effort and i look forward to seeing more episodes.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Wow, the conspiracy chicks are good looking and smart too!

Good production for a first time. Minor suggestions, would be to include shorter presentations, maybe don't move your body/shoulders as much.

Overall great job.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by manta78]

I bet you a billion to 1 none of this research is theirs, they are clearly reading off a prompter (poorly) trust me if the research is yours you definitely don't need to read it off a prompter ... plenty of shows like this around nothing new really ... i prefer the old Johnny Anonymous news show way better.

What is our reason for watching this .. there is no new information happening anywhere here ... is this just a recap of everything that has happened on ATS or what ??

Im not understanding why this show was so heavily marketed on ATS .... it just seems like 2 women reading out and doing recaps of what we have already read during the week ... is anything new going to be brought to the table or what ??

why should we watch this show over the others out there ??

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Pretty good...most impressive..

A great start.. We know it will get better one the creases have been ironed out and you've kicked those builders out

A little bit on the "Charlies Angels" side in the opening section, but maybe that's intentional..

Keep at it chicks, or should I say signets?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/958aad6aaa85.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Great show! Well done very informative, I think the girls are great.

I have been wonder about the oil spills and the deadly damaged it has done and will do if a hurricane hits the Gulf Coast. I have family there now, and if this oil comes inland, it will virtually wipe out the coastal region, not only the tourist industry, but the livelihoods of everyone living there. I can see the foreclosures climbing to its all time high on the Gulf Coast and that is just the beginning.

I think the American people are very frustrated that we can’t seem to get much accountability for this disaster.
I think it is very important that we try to figure a way to help clean up this disaster, before the oil kills the entire fishery in the Gulf of Mexico, and turns these waters into a dead zone.
There has to be a simple solution into cleaning up all this oil maybe gigantic balls of cotton and drag these huge cotton mashes using two ships, this is something I think that could work.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

To see Julie!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
good job.

i sensed a lil nervousness in both

not sure if you guys were trying the more mainstream tv news casting style but i prefer the less formal delivery eg colbert report...oh well just my 2 cents...

again...good job...

[edit on 9/6/10 by FuGGer]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Maybe The Conspiracy Chicks can factor this into their next video so they can prove there is a conspiracy to cover this 100% perfect method up. Why? Because they want to sell the oil spill on news TV media & charities & donations ect.

This video ends half the problem with the oil spill. Don't believe me? See for your own eyes:
www.youtube.com...
The only other problem is stopping the leak.
Why don't they simply collapse the hole by cutting and knocking part of the ocean floor off so that it falls into the hole closing it.
Or collapse part of the ocean floor so that it closes the oil fisher below (on both side of the hole so as to pinch it). And then nothing will come out the hole.

spillfighters.com...

spillfighters.com...

*On a side note I heard a prediction that a comet lands in the ocean closing the leak* If I can find the video I will post it. The man claims he was abducted by aliens and shown the future. It made the official news in the 1980's think he was from Mexico.
Take Care.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by AsTaR]

CX

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I think people should view the new show as yet another tool in ATS's conspiracy toolbox instead of putting down every single aspect of it.

Yes it covers what we read on the forum, but like i said in another post, it's like a review without the other crap that can come with a thread. No bickering, no derailing a topic, no trolling etc.

People would moan non-stop if this place was just a basic old fashioned board, the type where the management do nothing with it and had no vision.

You'll never please everyone all the time, but you can't deny this place tries it's best. If people can't see that then that's a shame.

One over riding factor in all of this is that watching the shows are not mandatory, if you don't like it there are numerous other tools in the toolbox to use.

Making a decision on a test run is pretty pointless if you ask me, constructive criticism is always welcomed and usualy acted upon, but give it time.

First time you rode a bike, did people slate you for not being like Lance Armstrong? Probably not, as no-one expected you to be.

CX.

[edit on 9/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Nice show ladies, keep up the good work. Definately nice to see a little more Female influence on a predominantly male site.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Nice first video, some constructive critisism for the ladies:

Julie: Doing great, vocally you are very strong, good pace of words and little interruptions, a joy to listen too, however you move way to much while you talk. I sense you are doing this to try and put more emphasise (spelling?) on your words, and while this is a good thing during a live presentation, during a "news broadcast" it is not in my honest opinion. Its too busy and makes for an unpleasent viewing.

Ashley: Doing great as well, much steadier and calmer to watch, however the interruptions were putting me a bit off. Though this is fine in between subjects, a nice steady pace would be better when staying on the same subject. though I can understand not having a prompter is what's causing this, so no worries there.

As for the people complaining about that its a recap, for people like me that dont read everything on the site, due to time or not wanting to wade through 20 pages with people posting one liners (Its getting really bad lately IMO) this is great, and I enjoyed it very much.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
That was really well done, congratulations to everyone involved, I really enjoyed that presentation

I think it's a great format for folks to catch up with stories they've missed, great for the casual visitor to ATS and for regular members who've missed out on ATS for whatever reason.

I'm wondering if ATS might consider real time broadcasting through the medium of internet radio at some point in the future ? Net radio seems increasingly popular, a few of my friends listen regularly to Rense, Prison Planet as part of their normal daily radio listening. Were ATS to have the Conspiracy Chicks on net radio too, I'd be listening 24/7 !

Anyway, all my best wishes for your future braodcasts.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join