learn more

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 0.1c - Deepwater Disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The information is great

But I do some qurms with the videos. Julie clearly knows her stuff and is very good at getting the information across but she needs to speak more clearly and a touch slower.

Ashley has a great on-screen presence but she breaks the conversation stream when she looks at her notes. Thus giving the impression she ain't got a clue (although I doubt that's the case). Get her a auto-cue that should help.

Any how this is the first vid i'm sure they will grow into it.

Keep on keeping on!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great job to all! I was really impressed with how well AshleyD and asala did and thought they provided a nice level of coverage.

One nit to pick -- I'm not normally a "spelling nazi", but I will be for this one, just cause I think it will help with the professionalism of the show -- "hypocrisy" is misspelled as "hypocracy" at one point

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey Girls.. Nice job..!

This is only the beginning of a beautiful future for the two of you here on ATSnews.

I can hardly wait for your next episode...!

Johnny

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for all the feedback, Everyone!

We had a lot of fun and are still learning a bit. Our goal is to have a bit of fun with it instead of being hardcore prime time news. So we're still tweaking and learning. All in all, it's been a blast so far.

ALOSTSOUL- Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out on that. It's easy to overcome. I keep two sets of notes, as you pointed out, for a basic outline and then fill in the 'meat' as I go. I experimented with prompts before but with terrible results (LOL!) so chunked that concept because it looked so 'stale' and unnatural for me like I was just sitting there reading. I wanted it to be more from the heart as if I was talking to someone.

I'll definitely work on it though. Thanks, Hon! All constructive feedback is more than appreciated. This episode is a 'soft launch' of sorts so your thoughts will be considered!

[edit on 6/8/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for baring with us,
As you can see we are still under construction and we are learning as we go here,
As we do more and get feedback then we can take on board positive critique that will help better what we are doing,

Again thank you for taking the time to watch the first soft launch, We really do appreciate it allot.

And again if you think there something we should cover then please let us know, We are only a u2u away and welcome what you have to say.

Thank you again,

Julie,

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No problem, thats what betas are for working out the tweaks. I have some advice that will help if you don't want to use an auto-que.

Just pin your notes in the same directions as the camera. That way you will not have to look away when you need a quick reminder.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Just pin your notes in the same directions as the camera. That way you will not have to look away when you need a quick reminder.

I do that, too! LOL! That is what I meant by 2 sets of notes. One on the desk for 'start points' and one by the camera for 'stop points.'

I'll work on putting them all upfront though. My eyeballs aren't what they used to be but large font helps. Thanks again!

And thanks to all who are chiming in. As Julie pointed out and as the intro had a little fun with, we're still under construction a bit. But we're glad to be here and that everyone is here to share in it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Always go with hot chicks. What avatars are they using here on ATS?

I thought there was some definite nervous tension, which will go away over time. Don't forget to breath girls, and relax, and take the time to deliver your lines.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We are both above you on the thread here

Im Julie aka Asala here on ATs

And Ashley is AshleyD here on ATS,

And again yes lol breath its amazing how you forget too!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
great job girls =D

the first is the hurdle and after that it becomes natural

and remember, Professional!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, like, who do I get permission from to host these episodes on you-tube?
Knock knock, anyone home?

Oh, and by the way, Johny, are you planning to make guest appearances on the show? Sure do miss ya.........

[edit on 8-6-2010 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

i also would like to mention to the site owners that i feel this will help bring kids closer to ats, my generation, or 'generation y' as its called, teens and people in their 20s, where things are always being promoted and taken as the latest fads usually go with things that they find cool, and relatable to. i feel this will help bring the youngsters to our channels of mind opening sounds, messages and visuals. and wheres that tinbook/ats scial networking site? lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Excellent first show ladies! Just as I expected. I am always pleasantly surprised by what ATS keeps throwing at us and of course our great community who are willing to present these new ideas and of course to support and watch them. I cannot wait for more episodes!

Pure excellence

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am interested and began to watch, but evidently I do not have the right broadband connections because it kept buffering constantly. I do not have dial up, but possibly do not have the highest speed either.

I liked what I saw and wished I could have watched the whole program.

Good luck Ashley and Julie!

Mahree

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahree

I had similar issues at first, but finally got the whole thing to load by hitting play then pause, waiting for the entire clip to load before hitting play again. Give it a try it may work for you as well

Nice job asala and AshleyD, Enjoyed the show and the tribute at the end had me in tears.

We miss you WOS!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

One barrel equals 160 litres. Trillions of barrels of methane snow crystals have leaked into the Gulf of Mexico since 20 April 2010 and will sublimate into methane gas bubbles at the rate of one litre of crystals forming 650 litres of gas. Over the next year enough methane is going to come to the surface in the Gulf of Mexico to produce something like as is reported about in the above video from the History Channel.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
WoW, loved that intro.
Very quality stuff there.

Great job ladies, I had a big smile on my face the whole time watching it.
What a fun endeavor this is turning out to be!

Kudos!

Much love,

- Lee

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I like the idea of having a video series to deal with current topics.
I think it is always nice to see beautiful women.
I know this is the first episode and it will surely become even better.

But here`s what I really think about this first episode.

I agree with a previous poster that as a daily ATS reader, I don`t really need a re-cap on threads I already have read. There needs to be more to it. I would like to hear more about the opinions of others, possibly even the opinions of the two beautiful ladies. Perhaps an interview with some distinguished guest would also bode well.

Now as for Ashley, I thought she spoke well and very clear. I don`t think she had the majority of the time as the speaker, and I think she should be the lead. She seemed to be a natural.

As for Julie, I just couldn`t bare to watch and my mind kept wandering as she spoke throughout this video.
She seemed to move a lot in her seat, almost as if her complete body was twitching. I could see her look up to her top right at times as well, instead of in the direction of the camera. There was way too much hand movement and even though the majority seemed to be off camera it looked as if her entire abdominal area was twitching at times along with her arms and legs. She looked to be very nervous and almost uptight.
Julie`s voice was not very clear and I am not refering to her lovely British accent. I thought she spoke too slow and dragged out her words as I found myself wishing that the camera would turn to Ashley.

I have no ill agenda, and while I really like ATS I cannot just say everything is gravy because it really wasn`t.

I`m trying to look at this video from the point of view of someone who hasn`t been a regular on ATS and doesn`t understand what it is all about.
From that perspective it doesn`t look very good.
I sincerely think Ashley should have more air time and it wouldn`t be a bad idea to have a male in the mix to give us three voices to hear from (The Conspiracy Chicks and Guy) to really mix it up.
I think in time, Julie will be outstanding and I only offer my criticism to help the girls, the show and ofcourse, ATS.

It`s going to be a great series, but let`s all be honest about what we think about this very first show. Kissing ATS but won`t save the world, getting the word out to everyone in a way they can understand it will.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Very slick production! Glad to see some other Video Copilot fans,hehe.

So are you guys going to alternate with ATS news? Or is there going to be a media war? Our own ATS dialectic!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Awesome job,mad props for doing this to you ladies, and the production teams and ATS. To me this would seem like a nightmare putting my self on the interwebs per say for all to see would freak me out lol,but great job cant wait for more.

do you gals work out of studios? or is it at home? there seemed to be some echos on your side ashley,could just be me...wouldnt doubt it lol.

well till next time take care and much love

edit to add: i think ashley is just fine, can understand her perfectly and theres nothing wrong with speaking with your body i think it adds conviction and shows your into it

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Tungsten core]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join